Predator RE 1st note on bar won't play [SOLVED]

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
wendylou

27 Jul 2019

I have a song using Rob Papen's Predator RE and the patch "lead-pluck solo". Starting at bar 9, the following 4 bars have one note on each bar. If I stop playback exactly on the bar and hit play, the note will not sound and the Midi Note light does not blink. If I stop at the second bar and hit play, same problem; 3rd bar, same problem - the note will not trigger – unless playback begins before the note in a running start. If I move the notes forward about 30+ ticks past the start of the bar, only then will they trigger when starting playback on the bar. Is this a known issue?
Last edited by wendylou on 28 Jul 2019, edited 1 time in total.
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

rgdaniel

27 Jul 2019

I've had exactly the same problem with Reason Electric Bass RE... First note of bar would sometimes (not consistently) fail to play. If you started playback a bit before, or slid the notes ahead a few ticks, as you noted, that would fix it. Swapping in a different bass that maybe was a bit lighter on CPU (eg Subtractor bass) would also solve it, but that was just to test it. Final bounce to audio file had no issues.

Loque

27 Jul 2019

If you have a little song example to reproduce it, send it to Rob Papen for Predator and send it to PH for the Electric Bass.
Reason12, Win10

Reasonable man

28 Jul 2019

Had this problem intermitingly with kong and redrum from time to time where for eg with a 4 to the floor kick pattern and the first kick just wouldn't sound for me . On a few occasions i copied and pasted the intruments and tracks into a new project and by magic the problem solved itself but not everytime. In those projects there was alot of cv going on so i dont know.
Try copying the tracks into a new project first to see if that solves it .
I searched the forum a few times and its not a known problem that i can tell . Gremlins at it .

Noplan
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2019

I do not know if it has anything to do with it, but the problem occurs when you shift the notes in front of the 1 with the Regroove. To hear the first note, you must move the start cursor further to the left. If the song starts directly on the 1, you have to shift the entire song a bit to the right to have space at the start. maybe predator does the same thing with the notes with some groove functions like shuffle.

wendylou

28 Jul 2019

Noplan wrote:
28 Jul 2019
I do not know if it has anything to do with it, but the problem occurs when you shift the notes in front of the 1 with the Regroove. To hear the first note, you must move the start cursor further to the left. If the song starts directly on the 1, you have to shift the entire song a bit to the right to have space at the start. maybe predator does the same thing with the notes with some groove functions like shuffle.
Well, duh! THAT is it! I am using ReGroove! Problem solved. Thank you! :puf_smile:
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

• Information