Looking for testers for Forgotten Wave Shaper v2.0

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ForgottenClank
RE Developer

21 Jul 2019

Hi guys!

I'm currently working hard on the new version of the Forgotten Wave Shaper. I've implemented more or less all the features I had planned to implement and am now looking for alpha/beta testers.

What is this?
This Rack Extension is a new and improved version of the already released Forgotten Wave Shaper, a device for custom distortion algorithms. There are a ton of new features that I am really excited about and had a lot of fun playing with.

What do I need to do? What does "beta testing" imply?
The testing will be split into two phases.
  1. Alpha-Testing: This is where you give me your immediate impressions. Things like knob layout, overall design, workflow, features you miss, etc. should be reported.
  2. Beta-Testing: This is the more serious phase. We need to test for bugs (obviously) but you are also encouraged to create and submit patches that will be released with the final product.
What's in it for me?
You get a free license for the device and have a great time (if you enjoy testing ;)).
I'd like to mention that owners of the current version of the Forgotten Wave Shaper can receive a free upgrade while supplies last or at least get a 60% discount if I can no longer give out free licenses. Testers will receive a license for sure, though.

What do I need?
Only Reason 10.x

Great! Where do I sign up?
Post a comment on this thread or shoot me a PM answering the following questions:
  1. What's your favorite Rack Extension and which do you use most often for distortion?
  2. What kind of music do you make? (Feel free to post a link)
  3. Have you used the current version of the Forgotten Wave Shaper?
  4. Have you tested a piece of software or even Rack Extension before?
There is no right or wrong answer, e.g. it is neither better nor worse to have used the current version of the RE. I am going to pick a few (or take everyone depending on how many are interested).

If you have any other questions, let me know!
Cheers,
Adam

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2019

Hi

What's your favorite Rack Extension and which do you use most often for distortion? Favorite RE is RE-2A, most used distortion is Scream4
What kind of music do you make? (Feel free to post a link) https://soundcloud.com/aeox2/
Have you used the current version of the Forgotten Wave Shaper? Yes
Have you tested a piece of software or even Rack Extension before? Yes

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2019

1. Favourite RE: Animus, Distortion: Kuassa Fuzz and Fritz.
2. Kind of music: hiphopreggaemetaljazzfunklounge.
3. No
4. Yes and so far I’ve managed to break everything I’ve touched. Send it on :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MannequinRaces

21 Jul 2019

I'd love to help out testing!

1. Distillery, favorite for distortion is Beat Crush
2. Kind of music is mostly experimental but also alternative, chip tune, soundcloud here: https://soundcloud.com/mannequinracesband
3. No
4. Yes

Not sure if you would need this now if I am chosen to test but my Propellerhead username is 8piscean8 and hey, my name is Adam too! :)

praznovsky.m
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2019

Hi

I would like to help you with testing.

What's your favorite Rack Extension and which do you use most often for distortion?
Parsec.
And as a distortion unit i use mostly scream 4.

What kind of music do you make? (Feel free to post a link)
Mostly trance.

Have you used the current version of the Forgotten Wave Shaper?
Yes, and im very interested what you have done to it.

Have you tested a piece of software or even Rack Extension before?
Once.

thotbott

21 Jul 2019

Would love to test this.

To andwer the questions

Scream 4 would be my main reason distortion

I produce everything, i am the engineer and owner of a recording studio in ireland, so anything and everything goes

I have tested res and software before and havent used this rack extension before im afraid.

diminished
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2019

* What's your favorite Rack Extension and which do you use most often for distortion?
Tough one. My favorite at the moment is Softube FET. A staple for drums.
For distortion I mostly use Devastor2. If you count bitcrushers, the most used is RX950.

* What kind of music do you make? (Feel free to post a link)
Triphoppy stuff. Feel free to check out the links in my signature :)

* Have you used the current version of the Forgotten Wave Shaper?
No, but I have eyeballed it.

* Have you tested a piece of software or even Rack Extension before?
Yes! Chordbank, NoteAlter & NoteFilter. To some degree Maia 1.5.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Bes
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2019

What's your favorite Rack Extension and which do you use most often for distortion? - NOW Counting Gate from the Chronologists and I use whatever distortion/colouring the synth has before i look for a favoured RE

What kind of music do you make? - I build mathy experiments and then delete them. i haven't made music in a long time

Have you used the current version of the Forgotten Wave Shaper? - I read the manual but was keeping the trial for a future time

Have you tested a piece of software or even Rack Extension before? - yes many, and I have been told I give excellent feedback
- Certified Reason expert

matthijswitteveen

21 Jul 2019

Hi Adam,

I use the Reason native Distortions or the Dada-Sausage Fattener in my songs.

1. What's your favorite Rack Extension and which do you use most often for distortion?

Dual Arp & StringWERK are favorite extentions and I use the Scream 4 and Pulverizer I think the most.

Pop, Dance, House, Techno, EDM, Classical, Remixes & Things I like.
If you want you can take a listen on my sc : https://soundcloud.com/matthijswitteveen

No it's the first time I've seen (and now listened to the examples of the Forgotten Wave Shaper)

I have not tested a Rack Extention before (but I'm creating one atm) and yes I'm a professional tester for software :)

Kind regards,
Matthijs.
Last edited by matthijswitteveen on 22 Jul 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Spryx

21 Jul 2019

What's your favorite Rack Extension and which do you use most often for distortion?
Devastor

Progressive House, Disco House, Melodic Trance

No

Yes, menu times. Currently in the process or writing my own RE.
latest:

dhruan

22 Jul 2019

- If I had to choose just one I would nominate thee SM Tritone Multiband Waveshaper, it is also one of my favorite distortion units. I just love what you can get out of it and the UI is cool and functional (although, like everything that could be improved a bit).

- Dark, noisy, emotional? Experimental/noise/industrial/electro etc. Stuff with a lot of distortion, some of it subtle, some of it not so. https://soundcloud.com/armsgrade

- Nope.

- Yes. REs: Spectra synth, Primal Audio stuff among others. Professional context: I design software and services for living, testing and evaluating is naturally a part and parcel of that.
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

ruzucarlos

22 Jul 2019

[*]What's your favorite Rack Extension and which do you use most often for distortion? Fav Rack has to be TMA 1 Commentator puerly for organization reasons
[*]What kind of music do you make? (Feel free to post a link) Experimental Trap/ Hip hop
[*]Have you used the current version of the Forgotten Wave Shaper? No, I would like to, though!
[*]Have you tested a piece of software or even Rack Extension before? no. I have dreamed of testing software, though!!!!!!!!!

scratchnsnifff

22 Jul 2019

ForgottenClank wrote:
21 Jul 2019
Hi guys!

I'm currently working hard on the new version of the Forgotten Wave Shaper. I've implemented more or less all the features I had planned to implement and am now looking for alpha/beta testers.

What is this?
This Rack Extension is a new and improved version of the already released Forgotten Wave Shaper, a device for custom distortion algorithms. There are a ton of new features that I am really excited about and had a lot of fun playing with.

What do I need to do? What does "beta testing" imply?
The testing will be split into two phases.
  1. Alpha-Testing: This is where you give me your immediate impressions. Things like knob layout, overall design, workflow, features you miss, etc. should be reported.
  2. Beta-Testing: This is the more serious phase. We need to test for bugs (obviously) but you are also encouraged to create and submit patches that will be released with the final product.
What's in it for me?
You get a free license for the device and have a great time (if you enjoy testing ;)).
I'd like to mention that owners of the current version of the Forgotten Wave Shaper can receive a free upgrade while supplies last or at least get a 60% discount if I can no longer give out free licenses. Testers will receive a license for sure, though.

What do I need?
Only Reason 10.x

Great! Where do I sign up?
Post a comment on this thread or shoot me a PM answering the following questions:
There is no right or wrong answer, e.g. it is neither better nor worse to have used the current version of the RE. I am going to pick a few (or take everyone depending on how many are interested).

If you have any other questions, let me know!
Cheers,
Adam

Please!!!!

Basswomp12345 is my ph account name.

I absolutely love this wave shaper. Its amazing for bringing out them harmonic contents
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

challism

22 Jul 2019

What's your favorite Rack Extension and which do you use most often for distortion? My favorite RE? That is a tough question to answer. I have so many that I love. Nostromo and VK2 are my two favorite synths. Revival is also great, not only for the synth, but as an FX unit, too. Fritz, Torsion, Futzbox and many of the Robotic Bean CV tools.... I could name so many more.... hard to answer, really. My favorite distortion REs are the Kuassa Efektor series, Rob Papen Distort, Revival and D16 Group Decimort. I probably use Decimort the most.

What kind of music do you make? (Feel free to post a link). I'm often told that my music would be good for movie soundtracks/scores. Link.... RIP Allihoola. :(

Have you used the current version of the Forgotten Wave Shaper? No, but I've had my eye on it.

Have you tested a piece of software or even Rack Extension before? Yes, I've beta tested for over 25 RE developers.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

future-bit

22 Jul 2019

Last edited by future-bit on 07 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

ForgottenClank
RE Developer

22 Jul 2019

The applications are now closed.

I apologize for not including everyone but there were just too many. I'd just like to emphasize that the choice was basically random and was not made based on how I thought your music sounded or any other information you may have given me. I encourage you to apply again if I need testers for the next REs I've planned!

Thanks to everyone for participating. The people I've picked will receive a private message with further information.
Cheers,
Adam

• Information