oscilloscope RE's?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dannyF

20 Jul 2019

Any decent ones out there?

BRIGGS

20 Jul 2019

r11s

boingy

20 Jul 2019

there are quite a few VSTs too if that's your bag, some of them free.

dannyF

20 Jul 2019

I guess I want one that I don't need to fiddle with to see the waveform.... one that is more stable? Scope is too fast and hectic. I mean, I don't need to see each cycle of a sine wave. I would rather have a single representation of the wave that's being viewed.

mjxl

20 Jul 2019

You can turn the rate way down though on Skope.

Get Skope M4 for 4 signals btw. :thumbs_up:

Loque

20 Jul 2019

I use http://www.sugaraudio.com/oscarizor/ most of the time. There is a free version available. Its a bit clunky and ugly, but does the job.

To view only the "current" waveform is something i wish for a long time too. I guess you need to know the pitch information to stretch it to the display and i think nobody did it till now. I think the scope in Complex-1 is doing a quite good job, but it has the pitch info (current note).

If someone can recommend exactly such a scope...
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

07 Feb 2024

That's only for CV.

Mohammadyarahmad

07 Feb 2024

jam-s wrote:
07 Feb 2024
That's only for CV.
Exactly and that's nice.

DaveyG

07 Feb 2024

You guys are about 5 years too late. :lol:

selig
RE Developer

07 Feb 2024

dannyF wrote:
20 Jul 2019
I guess I want one that I don't need to fiddle with to see the waveform.... one that is more stable? Scope is too fast and hectic. I mean, I don't need to see each cycle of a sine wave. I would rather have a single representation of the wave that's being viewed.
Not sure what you're asking for here, as an oscilloscope is designed to see each cycle of a waveform.
If you want to see the audio drawn on screen in real time and be able to view it at just about any resolution, use an audio track. I'm constantly finding it useful to record audio to a track just to visualize the entire waveform at once, looping a smaller area if that is all I need to see. Hopefully I've not totally misunderstood your intention…
Selig Audio, LLC

DaveyG

07 Feb 2024

No, really. You are all 5 years too late. The OP hasn't been here for 3 years.

selig
RE Developer

07 Feb 2024

DaveyG wrote:
07 Feb 2024
No, really. You are all 5 years too late. The OP hasn't been here for 3 years.
There ARE other folks here, every question answered is here for future searches - not just to the satisfaction of the OP.
Selig Audio, LLC

Mohammadyarahmad

11 Feb 2024

selig wrote:
07 Feb 2024
dannyF wrote:
20 Jul 2019
Not sure what you're asking for here, as an oscilloscope is designed to see each cycle of a waveform.
If you want to see the audio drawn on screen in real time and be able to view it at just about any resolution, use an audio track. I'm constantly finding it useful to record audio to a track just to visualize the entire waveform at once, looping a smaller area if that is all I need to see. Hopefully I've not totally misunderstood your intention…
Nice way.
Could you explain it more?
1. Add an audio track

Mohammadyarahmad

13 Feb 2024

selig wrote:
07 Feb 2024
dannyF wrote:
20 Jul 2019

Does anyone know how to do that?

selig
RE Developer

13 Feb 2024

Mohammadyarahmad wrote:
13 Feb 2024
selig wrote:
07 Feb 2024

You use the REC SOURCE button on the Rack Mix Channel of the source you want to “view”, then select that same source on a new audio track. This is how all routing is done internally to get internal audio to an Audio Track.

Then just loop a small area, maybe turn off “Follow” (“F” key) so you can zoom in to see a small part of the loop if necessary. Then just record - when done, simply delete the track. Make sense?
Selig Audio, LLC

Mohammadyarahmad

13 Feb 2024

selig wrote:
13 Feb 2024
Mohammadyarahmad wrote:
13 Feb 2024

You use the REC SOURCE button on the Rack Mix Channel of the source you want to “view”, then select that same source on a new audio track. This is how all routing is done internally to get internal audio to an Audio Track.

Then just loop a small area, maybe turn off “Follow” (“F” key) so you can zoom in to see a small part of the loop if necessary. Then just record - when done, simply delete the track. Make sense?
What a feature... :clap:
Thanks for your time :thumbs_up: :reason:

challism

13 Feb 2024

DaveyG wrote:
07 Feb 2024
ha ha ha necro-posting is an art
I've got list of topics I'm going to comment on... eventually. I'm just waiting for the right amount of time to pass
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

DaveyG

13 Feb 2024

challism wrote:
13 Feb 2024
DaveyG wrote:
07 Feb 2024
I've got list of topics I'm going to comment on... eventually. I'm just waiting for the right amount of time to pass
I refuse to respond to this post until my calendar reminder pops up in Feb 2034. . :thumbup:

challism

14 Feb 2024

DaveyG wrote:
13 Feb 2024
challism wrote:
13 Feb 2024

I refuse to respond to this post until my calendar reminder pops up in Feb 2034. . :thumbup:
If you manage to come back to this thread and bump it in Feb 2034, I think you should win a prize.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

motuscott

14 Feb 2024

challism wrote:
14 Feb 2024
DaveyG wrote:
13 Feb 2024

If you manage to come back to this thread and bump it in Feb 2034, I think you should win a prize.
If Reason's around in 2034, we'll have all won a prize.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

• Information