Sale on Jiggery Pokery effects in shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
sleep1979

19 Jul 2019

Now im confused I'm interested only in keyboard sounds 😂 not effects

fullforce

19 Jul 2019

JP is the best
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2019

Did you know that you can use Chenille as a bit crusher, messing with the BBD setting - very cool :shock: . And it is the best "Roland-esque" Chorus I have heard.

About the Wah, can it get the Q-tron sound too for bass? So, I don't have to wire up my old shiny stainless steel box :lol: .
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Jmax

19 Jul 2019

Thanks for the sale Jiggery, I picked up the Animus. First RE I've purchased in a long time!

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

19 Jul 2019

Luxuria wrote:
19 Jul 2019
Any chance we'll ever see Charlotte get a sale price JP? Didn't see it budge from 19 this last summer sale. I'm not hurting to have it at the moment so either a sale or when I absolutely need it will I pull the trigger.
I like to mix it up a bit. I'm sure it'll come back around soon. ;)

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

19 Jul 2019

Boombastix wrote:
19 Jul 2019
Did you know that you can use Chenille as a bit crusher, messing with the BBD setting - very cool :shock: . And it is the best "Roland-esque" Chorus I have heard.

About the Wah, can it get the Q-tron sound too for bass? So, I don't have to wire up my old shiny stainless steel box :lol: .
Yes, thanks, it's a world-class chorus, and the thing I'm probably proudest of (alongside the HS). No other chorus in Reason comes close.

On the Q-T on Villanelle, it does have an envelope follower, though I'm not pushing that aspect too hard as it was a tad experimental. We like it, it's useable and you can probably find settings that do what you need with some experimentation, it was an extra thing that felt cool to have, the priority for me was get the wah itself sounding good. It does have CV in to the wah, so an external follower can also be used if that offers more precise control of the envelope, then Combinator the shit out of it into your favourites!

WongoTheSane

19 Jul 2019

JiggeryPokery wrote:
19 Jul 2019
On the Q-T on Villanelle, it does have an envelope follower, though I'm not pushing that aspect too hard as it was a tad experimental.
Experimental as it may be, it works flawlessly. And the other point that makes Villanelle stand out is that several of the modes aren't modeled after existing wahs, but come from Jiggery's imagination and they're the best ones, much like the best (imho) modes in Chenille aren't the Roland or Eminent or Boss ones but the JP ones. To my ears at least.

Luxuria

19 Jul 2019

JiggeryPokery wrote:
19 Jul 2019
Luxuria wrote:
19 Jul 2019
Any chance we'll ever see Charlotte get a sale price JP? Didn't see it budge from 19 this last summer sale. I'm not hurting to have it at the moment so either a sale or when I absolutely need it will I pull the trigger.
Thanks for the reply, I'll keep an eye out.

I've had Chenille for a while now, haven't been compelled to upgrade with the paid upgrade. I'm more or less comfortable with the old layout since it's my go to chorus unit.

What would you say the paid upgrade has to offer that I'm not seeing? Does the functionality feel smoother, or the device performance is slightly better?

Thanks for creating great devices.

future-bit

20 Jul 2019

Last edited by future-bit on 07 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

20 Jul 2019

Luxuria wrote:
19 Jul 2019
JiggeryPokery wrote:
19 Jul 2019

Thanks for the reply, I'll keep an eye out.

I've had Chenille for a while now, haven't been compelled to upgrade with the paid upgrade. I'm more or less comfortable with the old layout since it's my go to chorus unit.

What would you say the paid upgrade has to offer that I'm not seeing? Does the functionality feel smoother, or the device performance is slightly better?

Thanks for creating great devices.
Thanks!

For the redesign it was purely a personal thing for me, I was never happy with (read: frankly embarrased by) the v1 look. If you prefer the old design don't feel obligated, unless you have other FX in our range in which case one's natural OCD means absolutely you need a matching set ;) .

It was rebuilt for SDK2, though, so there's some performance improvement and probably a bug-fix or two, but I'm hesitant to put an outlandish figure on it, as Pitchblende were pretty efficient anyway (I think I did get a ballpark # at the time but honestly I can't remember, probably along the lines of practically useless comparisons like "65 active instances instead of 55" or something), but for me the real boon is the layout is vastly improved, but still with a clean left-to-right flow, and everything—especially the rather crucial chorus phase layout mode switch (C/D/E)—is accessible from the front (and thus Remote™-able).

For non-tweakers, because the number of knobs might look overwhelming, the other important thing was I reorganised the patches for ease-of-access, providing all the "go-to" inserts from the root folder drop-down. Chenille can do outlandish stuff, but it's designed to be a true professional chorus so the idea was to get that across. As I've noted in another post, these days I pretty much never touch a knob on it other than adjust dry/wet to taste, unless aiming for extreme effects like bit-crushing with the sample rate; for the classic choruses, they're all in the root folder list covering the three main usages, synths, guitars and vocals.

I should rebuild for SDK4 and hide all the knobs behind an ADV button and just have the patch browser and dry/wet controls! I jest in jiggery-japery, of course, but I've often wondered about repackaging Chenille code into a new device, the code it just that good. Here was one idea I had back in 2015, but... yeah. Roland would never have let me get away with this!! :lol:

DIM J preview.png
DIM J preview.png (175.15 KiB) Viewed 1553 times

littlejam

20 Jul 2019

hello,

i just picked up Psyclone and Villanelle to start using with a guitar
i have a lot of jp re and they are all quality !@$$@##!@#

have a blessed sunday

jcheers
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

Steedus
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2019

JiggeryPokery wrote:
19 Jul 2019
Also, I have asked for trial resets on Chenille and Steerpike BBDs
Any chance of resetting Animus trials?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2019

Steedus wrote:
21 Jul 2019
JiggeryPokery wrote:
19 Jul 2019
Just buy it. :). You know you want it and you’re going to get it anyway :). One of the best REs ever.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

21 Jul 2019

Steedus wrote:
21 Jul 2019
JiggeryPokery wrote:
19 Jul 2019
Honestly, no. The way PH talk about it you'd think resetting trials was more difficult than the twelve labours of Hercules, so I opted not to push my luck and stick to the older devices that had more dramatic updates (especially Steerpike, now on version 3!). Animus is just a bit too new, sorry!

Steedus
Competition Winner

21 Jul 2019

Fair enough. Thanks anyway.

Btw, You might have a different view being a dev, but I hate time limited trials.. much prefer the trials that either insert silence every now and then or limit functionality in some way. I’m just too on and off when testing stuff. Or actually making stuff for that matter. 🙃

EdGrip

21 Jul 2019

Steedus wrote:
21 Jul 2019

Btw, You might have a different view being a dev, but I hate time limited trials.. much prefer the trials that either insert silence every now and then or limit functionality in some way. I’m just too on and off when testing stuff. Or actually making stuff for that matter. 🙃
Yeah, same. Gimme noise or missing notes or non-automatable or -saveable parameters any day.
And honestly, half the reason I avoid trials in Reason is the additional dialogue at startup - which can persist for a while even after the trial is up or the device has been deleted.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

26 Jul 2019

Finally found time to trial the Wah. Took me about 45sec to go Who-wha! :lol:
Easy $9 bucks to spend, sounds legit on clean gtr!
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

challism

30 Jul 2019

I love your products, JP. I already have a bunch of them, but I want them all. This is such a great sale you are offering. Too bad I could only pick up the wah wah. It is, as the name suggests, truly KILLER! Very nicely done on that one. Hopefully I can grab more in the future. Thanks for offering this sale and saving me $20 on this excellent unit.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

fullforce

30 Jul 2019

Steedus wrote:
21 Jul 2019

How much time do you need to check out a freaking effect?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Steedus
Competition Winner

30 Jul 2019

fullforce wrote:
30 Jul 2019
Precisely 33.6 days. how about you? :ugeek:

No, seriously I can go through 'blank' periods where I either don't have time - or energy - to even sit down at my computer let alone open up Reason. And there's no telling when they'll occur. But I suppose it's a probably a sign that if the plugin doesn't grab you in the first 15 - 20 mins, it's probably not for you (ie; me) anyway. I just really wanted to like this one. I have 2 shimmer hardware pedals (Strymon BigSky & Mr. Black Eterna) but it would be nice to have a software one for ease of use.

Faastwalker

30 Jul 2019

MrFigg wrote:
21 Jul 2019
Steedus wrote:
21 Jul 2019

Just buy it. :). You know you want it and you’re going to get it anyway :). One of the best REs ever.
I second that. Very, very nice RE. A bit special for sure.

boingy

31 Jul 2019

Steedus wrote:
30 Jul 2019
fullforce wrote:
30 Jul 2019

No, seriously I can go through 'blank' periods where I either don't have time - or energy - to even sit down at my computer let alone open up Reason. And there's no telling when they'll occur. But I suppose it's a probably a sign that if the plugin doesn't grab you in the first 15 - 20 mins, it's probably not for you (ie; me) anyway. I just really wanted to like this one. I have 2 shimmer hardware pedals (Strymon BigSky & Mr. Black Eterna) but it would be nice to have a software one for ease of use.
Part of the problem is that some folks get excited when anything new arrives and they trial it immediately. Fast forward some months or years and they want to trial it "for real" but can't. I reckon the solution is to be allowed two trials. Make the first trial one day long, or even one hour long, and the second one the usual 30 days. Then everyone can immediately enthuse about the new thing without using up the trial.

Loque

31 Jul 2019

boingy wrote:
31 Jul 2019
Steedus wrote:
30 Jul 2019

Part of the problem is that some folks get excited when anything new arrives and they trial it immediately. Fast forward some months or years and they want to trial it "for real" but can't. I reckon the solution is to be allowed two trials. Make the first trial one day long, or even one hour long, and the second one the usual 30 days. Then everyone can immediately enthuse about the new thing without using up the trial.
Yes, and another one needs 3 trials, the next 4 and so on...And than we need the option to trial forever, switchable between random noise and cannot-save-patch option... Did i forgot anything?

Just an example i had with another vendor, lets call him Arturia:
I tried Pigments, 14 days only, and stopped beeing usable after 30 minutes, cannot safe patch. WTF? Did not bought it and never will....
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2019

That thing with trials...when Echobode and BuffRe came out I tried ‘em and didn’t have a clue what to do with them. 7 years later I knew what they did but couldn’t trial them. Watched a few YouTube videos and bought them based on that content. I find videos to be a pretty good resource for getting a sense of what’s going on with the REs. And you can say what you like about Hydlide (and I’m not trying to open up that whole debate again) but his videos are really helpful.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

boingy

31 Jul 2019

Loque wrote:
31 Jul 2019
Yes, and another one needs 3 trials, the next 4 and so on...And than we need the option to trial forever, switchable between random noise and cannot-save-patch option... Did i forgot anything?
Of course there will always be folks who want infinite trials without restrictions but I think most want to "have a quick go" with anything new and then have the ability to trial it in depth at a later date. Mr Figg is a prime example of that. Maybe any new stuff should reset the trial after the first week or so.

• Information