Question regarding Parsec percussion .cmb patch "Multi Percussion"

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
michael.jaye

18 Jul 2019

Can someone explain to me what the combinator patch is doing? The original Multi Percussion.repatch is slightly detuned; is the combinator knobs for Damping(B0-C1) & Pitching(C0-A#0) somehow to correct the tuning? Any help would be appreciated.

Reasonable man

18 Jul 2019

Only seen this now and looked at it. Sorry if i'm wrong here but on first glance ..although its a top sounding and cleverly programmed patch (congrates to the sound designer) the combi patch is sloppy.
Firtsly the combi patch designer forgot to remove the Thor from the combi ( im guessing you've already noticed the it dosn't do anything)
Secondly the B0-C1 and C0- or whatever sounds like it could just be guesswork or a pitch estimation . Unless the creator somehow managed to calulate on an eq spectrum what pitches were being generated when the rotoraies were moved .

The 'damping' rotary is just the decay time being reduced as per generator A's 2nd modifier and the 'pitching' rotary is just a second way to do what the modwheel has already been programmed to do (and esentially is already doing) via parsec's mod matrix ...so in other words its kinda defunct.
So the combi serves two functions i guess . It alters the pitch range of the patch to c2 or above (via the programmer) and it gives a rotary to control the y value of generator A's 2nd modifier (inverted)

Reasonable man

18 Jul 2019

On second look i guess the thor buttons are there as options to keep the pitch consatant to within 1 octave (button 2) and the 1st button i guess gives the decay a kinda bipolar range . Alopogies

• Information