The Helium Quad Evolving Synthesizer is here...

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
apoc123
RE Developer

15 Jul 2019

Hey Guys,

It's a pleasure to introduce the Helium Quad Evolving Synth by DNA Labs Software. Try it out, over 500 factory presets!
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... on/helium/
Helium004.jpg
Helium004.jpg (265.96 KiB) Viewed 3564 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI4nJqPHjlY
https://soundcloud.com/jason-drewry/set ... ynthesizer

scratchnsnifff

15 Jul 2019

I soooo want this developer to make a true wavetable synth instead of a rompler

The GUI skills this person or team has is amazing!!!!!

I absolutely love the design of this synth, I just have to be careful of chipping 4 gbs of space on my computer XD
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

soroc sosta

16 Jul 2019

Congrats on your new RE! Will check it out!
Thanks for your Refills and other Rack Extentions! :thumbs_up:

antic604

16 Jul 2019

Onboard X Y Z Global 3d Image Processing
What does that mean? :?

EDIT: oh, I though "image" as in graphics / picture, but it's about sound image. Perhaps 3D spatial audio or something would be a better term :)

emasters

16 Jul 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
15 Jul 2019

I absolutely love the design of this synth, I just have to be careful of chipping 4 gbs of space on my computer XD
Similar situation here - looks interesting. But RE's not being located on an external drive is a deal breaker - to much space on the main drive. Perhaps DNA labs can convince Prop's to apply a small amount of resources, to document a supported solution (E.g., symbolic links) to move RE's onto an external drive...

scratchnsnifff

16 Jul 2019

emasters wrote:
16 Jul 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:
15 Jul 2019

Similar situation here - looks interesting. But RE's not being located on an external drive is a deal breaker - to much space on the main drive. Perhaps DNA labs can convince Prop's to apply a small amount of resources, to document a supported solution (E.g., symbolic links) to move RE's onto an external drive...
That would be pretty cool!

I wonder if the refill style of saving is incorporated when the RE is made/saved to the HD

Doesn’t something not allow samples in refills to move around, anything beyond the Reason program?
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

antic604

17 Jul 2019

emasters wrote:
16 Jul 2019
But RE's not being located on an external drive is a deal breaker - to much space on the main drive.
Assuming you're on Windows, have you tried creating symbolic links? That should work just fine.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/c ... -or-linux/

emasters

17 Jul 2019

antic604 wrote:
17 Jul 2019
emasters wrote:
16 Jul 2019
But RE's not being located on an external drive is a deal breaker - to much space on the main drive.
Assuming you're on Windows, have you tried creating symbolic links? That should work just fine.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/c ... -or-linux/
I'm on Mac, but can use Symbolic Links as well. Are you using this? I assume one moves the Master RE folder to the external drive, create a Symbolic Link pointing to it, then both Reason and Authorizer should work? I've had some reliability issues with the Authoizor/Dongle. So a bit gun shy, but would be curious is this is working for anyone?

antic604

17 Jul 2019

emasters wrote:
17 Jul 2019
I'm on Mac, but can use Symbolic Links as well. Are you using this?
Yes, I do. I moved three folders:
- optional content (Pangea/Humana/Klang/Radical Piano and Drum/Loop Supply) - which were in Users\Me\Music\Reason
- all the Reason soundbanks - which were in ProgramData\Propellerhead Software
- all Rack Extensions - which were in Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software

In total that's 20GB saved from my SSD :)

Works like a charm.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2019

antic604 wrote:
17 Jul 2019
emasters wrote:
17 Jul 2019
- optional content (Pangea/Humana/Klang/Radical Piano and Drum/Loop Supply) - which were in Users\Me\Music\Reason
- all Rack Extensions - which were in Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software

Works like a charm.
Thanks for this guys! Good tip. Should be a sticky, we all run out of space with SSDs...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

emasters

17 Jul 2019

antic604 wrote:
17 Jul 2019
emasters wrote:
17 Jul 2019

Works like a charm.
Thanks for the details -- will give it a try.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Jul 2019

I mean it sounds alright judging from the demos in the Shop, nothing special though. But €99, no thanks. For that price at this point in time you really have to deliver something special. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the price down to €19 soon like they've done with their other REs.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Jul 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
20 Jul 2019
I mean it sounds alright judging from the demos in the Shop, nothing special though. But €99, no thanks. For that price at this point in time you really have to deliver something special. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the price down to €19 soon like they've done with their other REs.
Yeah...€99 rent to own or by it for €19. I wouldn’t take it if he paid me. Another Rompler with the same sounds as the other two Romplers and all his thousands of refills as well. If you want this then buy one of the $5 refills on his website instead. They all sound the same anyway.
I was out in the forest when his first two REs went on sale and thought how bad can they be so bought them without trying them. Turned out they were really bad. DNA Labs...worst REs since they removed the Aeon bundle from the shop.
We want our money back.
Rant rave rant rave etc...
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

apoc123
RE Developer

26 Jul 2019

[/quote]

Yeah...€99 rent to own or by it for €19. I wouldn’t take it if he paid me. Another Rompler with the same sounds as the other two Romplers and all his thousands of refills as well. If you want this then buy one of the $5 refills on his website instead. They all sound the same anyway.
I was out in the forest when his first two REs went on sale and thought how bad can they be so bought them without trying them. Turned out they were really bad. DNA Labs...worst REs since they removed the Aeon bundle from the shop.
We want our money back.
[/quote]

:lol:
This guy is mad mad. Cheer up buddy we have received great feedback from all of our products and refills.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Jul 2019

apoc123 wrote:
26 Jul 2019
We want our money back.
[/quote]

This guy is mad mad. Cheer up buddy we have received great feedback from all of our products and refills.
[/quote]

:)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

soroc sosta

26 Jul 2019

LOL, FR! Keep up the good work Apoc, your REs and refills fill a much needed void and definitely have a place in my rack! Thanks! :thumbs_up:
apoc123 wrote:
26 Jul 2019
We want our money back.
[/quote]

[/quote]

apoc123
RE Developer

26 Jul 2019

CrunkNationEnt wrote:
26 Jul 2019
LOL, FR! Keep up the good work Apoc, your REs and refills fill a much needed void and definitely have a place in my rack! Thanks! :thumbs_up:
Thank you CrunkNationEnt!

Jmax

26 Jul 2019

I have a bunch of the Refills. They are well put together and have a unique flavor.
I tried out the new RE, and I admit only played around with some of the presets. I found some very nice sounding ones.
I have DNA's other two RE's. They get pulled out every now and then and are capable of quite a lot.
Again, it's what you do with the music.
I'm curious about another RE DNA was soon to be releasing? I remember seeing an image for it.

Congrats on the release!

apoc123
RE Developer

27 Jul 2019

Jmax wrote:
26 Jul 2019
I have a bunch of the Refills. They are well put together and have a unique flavor.
I tried out the new RE, and I admit only played around with some of the presets. I found some very nice sounding ones.
I have DNA's other two RE's. They get pulled out every now and then and are capable of quite a lot.
Again, it's what you do with the music.
I'm curious about another RE DNA was soon to be releasing? I remember seeing an image for it.

Congrats on the release!
Thank you for the kind words! The Morphine 8 Digital Drum Module Sampler is in the works and should be available late next month if everything goes as planned... ;)
Morphine.jpg
Morphine.jpg (167.24 KiB) Viewed 2093 times

Michaellos

28 Jul 2019

[/quote]

We want our money back.
[/quote]

Well, I would say this - I like Hydronexius, it suits for the type of music that I write, and I use it. Later I tried Aquiox when it arrived in proshop, felt that it sounds pretty much the same as Hydro, and didn't get it. About a year later Aquiox was 19$, I thought "why not", so that was some sort of instant buy for me. After comparing these two instruments once again I felt that they are very similar to each other. I haven't tried Helium yet, but the very first impression of it was - Hydronexius part 3, I'm sorry to say. So, I would like to see the evolution of these tools, the enhanced functionality, not just content update. Do we really need 3 instruments having similar features and sounding the same ? Not sure

apoc123
RE Developer

28 Jul 2019

Michaellos wrote:
28 Jul 2019
We want our money back.
[/quote]

Well, I would say this - I like Hydronexius, it suits for the type of music that I write, and I use it. Later I tried Aquiox when it arrived in proshop, felt that it sounds pretty much the same as Hydro, and didn't get it. About a year later Aquiox was 19$, I thought "why not", so that was some sort of instant buy for me. After comparing these two instruments once again I felt that they are very similar to each other. I haven't tried Helium yet, but the very first impression of it was - Hydronexius part 3, I'm sorry to say. So, I would like to see the evolution of these tools, the enhanced functionality, not just content update. Do we really need 3 instruments having similar features and sounding the same ? Not sure
[/quote]

Everyone is entitled to their opinion! Be positive it feels good! :-D

• Information