Petition for QNG upgrdade

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Which of these featurese you would like to see implemented

Variations in spite of the chord generator section
13%
Randomizer in spite of the chord gen section
9%
Cv/Internal routing Matrix in spite of the chord gen section
No votes
Something else instead of the chord gen section
4%
Cv inputs for clock/speed control on the back and no Matrix
4%
Cv inputs on the back and matrix
9%
Automatization vor pattern variations both by cv input and combinator
17%
More tempo choices, triplets, slower rates, fixes to the length of the patterns that do not reflect the speed (as if 32 beat is constant from some main clock fixed at 1/16 rate) that also mean have a Main clock source selectable probably.
26%
Main clock source easily available with ability to select which pattern will follow him, main seq, or key.
4%
16 outputs for each chord generator section, so it makes sense to be there.
13%

Total votes: 23
Re8et
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2019

Let's try to get some numbers to convince PH that QNG need an upgrade, shall we?
If choosing something else consider give us a clue.

3 choices.

Re8et
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2019

Somethinge else... a quad Sample and hold module? ok this is out of pool but I don't even know how to modify the title...

boingy

12 Jul 2019

You should probably correct the typos in the title: "Petition for QGN upgrdade" :thumbs_up:

MannequinRaces

12 Jul 2019

All of the above choices seem like feature bloat to me. I like it how it is. Very quick and easy to use to get quick results. Sounds like you want an entirely new device...

Re8et
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
12 Jul 2019
All of the above choices seem like feature bloat to me. I like it how it is. Very quick and easy to use to get quick results. Sounds like you want an entirely new device...
I just might reconsider everything....
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7513006

Stygian Abyss

13 Jul 2019

Isn't removal of the chord gen section impossible according to PH's policies, as it would make previously created patches unusable or sounding different ?

gullum

14 Jul 2019

to me, it is just fine as it is and I would still not buy it if more futures were added. players are just not for me

sleep1979

14 Jul 2019

Whats qgn?

two shoes

14 Jul 2019

The fact that they successfully managed to pass this thing off as some kind of generative or semi-generative note pattern GENERATOR when it's just some knobs and buttons attached to 32 random midi sequences is kind of hilarious in a sad way. It reminds me of those 3k "analog summing boxes" that got popular a few years ago then people would open the cases and find a $10 passive resistor network soldered kinda shitty. Why that's a real boutique, point-to-point hand wired rack device ya'll got there. Maybe Quad Note Player 2.0 will have 64 patterns divided into "genres".....

VariableX

14 Jul 2019

two shoes wrote:
14 Jul 2019
The fact that they successfully managed to pass this thing off as some kind of generative or semi-generative note pattern GENERATOR when it's just some knobs and buttons attached to 32 random midi sequences is kind of hilarious in a sad way. It reminds me of those 3k "analog summing boxes" that got popular a few years ago then people would open the cases and find a $10 passive resistor network soldered kinda shitty. Why that's a real boutique, point-to-point hand wired rack device ya'll got there. Maybe Quad Note Player 2.0 will have 64 patterns divided into "genres".....
haha keep telling yourself that 😀

Re8et
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2019

Stygian Abyss wrote:
13 Jul 2019
Isn't removal of the chord gen section impossible according to PH's policies, as it would make previously created patches unusable or sounding different ?
Probably yes, but since it is quite young, it might get en exception, however
it seems to me that, the chord gen renders chords differently from stock chord player.
I have not run a super in depth test, but that is my post-pool-post impression.

• Information