More modules coming to MODRACK by Murf

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2522
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 01 Sep 2019

Works for me OK..

Just use the gate in to trigger it.


User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7588
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 01 Sep 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
01 Sep 2019
Works for me OK..

Just use the gate in to trigger it.

Thats nice for you.

But the video did not helped me to identify what i did wrong :-(
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2522
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 01 Sep 2019

Loque wrote:
01 Sep 2019

Thats nice for you.

But the video did not helped me to identify what i did wrong :-(
Just use the gate in to trigger it.

How are you wiring it up?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2522
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 01 Sep 2019

There you go.
Murf Modules.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7588
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 01 Sep 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
01 Sep 2019
Loque wrote:
01 Sep 2019

Thats nice for you.

But the video did not helped me to identify what i did wrong :-(
Just use the gate in to trigger it.

How are you wiring it up?
Hum...i tried a gate since the ADSR does not react on a MIDI input...sigh...Can you please provide a simple patch? I gonna try it again tomorrow.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

Mataya
Posts: 65
Joined: 03 May 2019

Post 01 Sep 2019

Maybe you should look into the existing Rack extensions that offer same modular basic experience and see what we already have and what else could we really use beside that.

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... lar-synth/
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... lar-synth/
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/pro ... -system-i/

Basic modular experience is possible in Reason for years now. I would love to see some weird experimental stuff in a module form taken from eurorack, although we already have that to in Reason.
For me, Noise engineering rack extensions offer pure taste of eurorack and also Complex1 with it's buchla style approach. Basic modules like Ochen.K and Blamsoft are pretty much all you need for basic modular eurorack style experience,but I would like to see some weirdness in terms of module types.
Thanks for your hard work. Looking forward to see what else you develop.

M

Lov2sing
Posts: 220
Joined: 15 Nov 2015

Post 02 Sep 2019

What I would love to see are modules that are based on physical modeling being there is only one in the shop. I also like to see a sampler that can have eight playing all at the same time. That way one could cv to the drum sequencer and make beats.
Last edited by Lov2sing on 02 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Make a Joyful noise, or join a large choir,

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7588
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 02 Sep 2019

Lov2sing wrote:
02 Sep 2019
What I would love to see are modules that are based on physical modeling being there is only one in the shop. I also like to see a sampler that can have eight playing at a time.
You noticed, that Europa has a Karplus Strong algorithm?
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

Lov2sing
Posts: 220
Joined: 15 Nov 2015

Post 02 Sep 2019

Thanks, I did not know that. I guess one could use Europa as a filter in that way. but I still believe it would be a great additions.
Make a Joyful noise, or join a large choir,

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1695
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 02 Sep 2019

Murf wrote:
12 Jul 2019
Then again I could always do this:
:)

Image
That would be cool. Would the modules be interchangeable? Like the RedRock devices?

DrGOA®
Posts: 618
Joined: 26 Aug 2018

Post 03 Sep 2019

modrack.jpg
If he does this - these modules can't be used with other devices. For example - I use them alone with other devices a lot.
Or he can put a switch to Switch Off modules you don't want.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2522
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 03 Sep 2019

DrGOA® wrote:
03 Sep 2019
modrack.jpg
If he does this - these modules can't be used with other devices. For example - I use them alone with other devices a lot.
Or he can put a switch to Switch Off modules you don't want.
He could do it like that and you will still have the full flexibility of the individual modules as it's all controlled by CV at the back..

User avatar
kungubu
Posts: 111
Joined: 21 May 2016

Post 11 Sep 2019

Murf wrote:
13 Jul 2019
Stygian Abyss wrote:
13 Jul 2019
Thank you Murf for these modules. I'd suggest you to add CV control to the ADSR parameters too, and, further refinement, control(s) to alter the curves. Another nice thing would be the addition of audio rate outputs to the CV modules (LFO, ADSR), allowing to use them directly as modulation sources through the audio rate inputs of synths like Complex-1.
Great ideas! Thanks :)
Murf
Another thing, besides cv-control over ADSR-parameters and curve shapes, that i find very useful in an envelope is trig-outs for end of cycle or end of each stage, or gate out for all the different stages. Just a thought...

User avatar
Murf
RE Developer
Posts: 94
Joined: 21 Jun 2019
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post 17 Apr 2020

dusan.cani wrote:
31 Aug 2019
Hello Murf,

How can I trigger ADSR envelope by MIDI key gate ? I've put ADSR into combinator, but there is no posibbility to tick the "Receive Notes" checkbox in the combinator programmer. Thanks
Good idea thanks I will see what i can do.

User avatar
Murf
RE Developer
Posts: 94
Joined: 21 Jun 2019
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post 17 Apr 2020

Faastwalker wrote:
02 Sep 2019
Murf wrote:
12 Jul 2019
Then again I could always do this:
:)

Image
That would be cool. Would the modules be interchangeable? Like the RedRock devices?
If you mean "have any module in any slot" then yes.

User avatar
Murf
RE Developer
Posts: 94
Joined: 21 Jun 2019
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post 17 Apr 2020

DrGOA® wrote:
03 Sep 2019
modrack.jpg
If he does this - these modules can't be used with other devices. For example - I use them alone with other devices a lot.
Or he can put a switch to Switch Off modules you don't want.

The modules are identical to the stand alone REs.
The patch panel at the back is a mess to achieve this :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Murf
RE Developer
Posts: 94
Joined: 21 Jun 2019
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post 17 Apr 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
01 Sep 2019
There you go.

Murf Modules.zip
This is zero bytes when unzipped :cry:

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2522
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 17 Apr 2020

Murf wrote:
17 Apr 2020
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
01 Sep 2019
There you go.

Murf Modules.zip
This is zero bytes when unzipped :cry:
Not sure what has happened with that file, will check it out. (I wonder if it's an old post and hence the file has been removed?)

In the mean time this may interest you :)


User avatar
Murf
RE Developer
Posts: 94
Joined: 21 Jun 2019
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post 17 Apr 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
17 Apr 2020
Murf wrote:
17 Apr 2020


This is zero bytes when unzipped :cry:
Not sure what has happened with that file, will check it out. (I wonder if it's an old post and hence the file has been removed?)

In the mean time this may interest you :)

Great video PoohBear, it has inspired me to get back into RE dev. Watch for MODRACK VCF on the Reason store shortly! (Free of course) - Murf.

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2522
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 19 Apr 2020

Murf wrote:
17 Apr 2020
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
17 Apr 2020


Not sure what has happened with that file, will check it out. (I wonder if it's an old post and hence the file has been removed?)

In the mean time this may interest you :)

Great video PoohBear, it has inspired me to get back into RE dev. Watch for MODRACK VCF on the Reason store shortly! (Free of course) - Murf.
Good to hear, I did send you mail REF the sustain level, would be nice if that could be changed to hit full volt at the moment it's maximum is .5v

Lov2sing
Posts: 220
Joined: 15 Nov 2015

Post 21 Apr 2020

Murf wrote:
12 Jul 2019
Jackjackdaw wrote:
12 Jul 2019
Looks great Murf.

How about making the modules with less controls in half sized like spider sized to save space?
I wish! Unfortunately RE devs don t get the ability to do a half width RE, however I definitely am prepared to bundle 2 or more repeats of a function into one RE, for example 2 x ADSR or 4 x NOISE etc etc
Murf
How about doing a two in one unit. LFO and White noise or EQ and distortion. Maybe a bigger unit that has a front patch bay.
Make a Joyful noise, or join a large choir,

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7588
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 21 Apr 2020

Lov2sing wrote:
21 Apr 2020
Murf wrote:
12 Jul 2019


I wish! Unfortunately RE devs don t get the ability to do a half width RE, however I definitely am prepared to bundle 2 or more repeats of a function into one RE, for example 2 x ADSR or 4 x NOISE etc etc
Murf
How about doing a two in one unit. LFO and White noise or EQ and distortion. Maybe a bigger unit that has a front patch bay.
I am fine with the full 1u devices. Not a big fan of half rack size.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

Lov2sing
Posts: 220
Joined: 15 Nov 2015

Post 21 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
21 Apr 2020
Lov2sing wrote:
21 Apr 2020


How about doing a two in one unit. LFO and White noise or EQ and distortion. Maybe a bigger unit that has a front patch bay.
I am fine with the full 1u devices. Not a big fan of half rack size.
I like the full rack also but for some RE’s a full rack takes up a lot of real estate and could share space with another unit. Yet I get your point.
Make a Joyful noise, or join a large choir,

scratchnsnifff
Posts: 1420
Joined: 21 Sep 2016

Post 22 Apr 2020

Lov2sing wrote:
02 Sep 2019
Thanks, I did not know that. I guess one could use Europa as a filter in that way. but I still believe it would be a great additions.
Quad and resonans both can do karplus as well :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Ermitage, estuary and 2 guests