Delta MIDI Computer (January 17: 1.3 is out now! New Node!)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Socram

Post 28 Nov 2019

bigguy1 wrote:
27 Nov 2019
Maybe it would be interesting that the notes getting mirrored stay in the same octave, like having a mirror at the same position in every octave on the keyboard.

Do you think it is possible to create a note like this?
While I could certainly recreate that functionality in a Node, I am a bit wary of copying another developer's device especially one that's so unique and recently released, so while you're not the first to request this I will probably refrain.

That being said I'm not sure how your tweak would work, if you mirror within an octave. Let's say the mirror point is a B, and you play an A, or any note really. The mirroring would end up in the next octave if I'm picturing this correctly.
geronimo wrote:
28 Nov 2019
Without wanting to be too demanding, I noticed that few parameters are Delta are accessible from the controls of a Combinator (4 years old Rotarys 4 buttons).
But maybe this has already been asked ? Knowing that the interface is empty when Delta starts, it may not be easy to code ?
Unfortunately due to the dynamic and custom display driven nature of Delta, exposing more stuff to those knobs/automation etc is not really possible. I assume you are hoping for rotary control of specific node parameters, and at the moment this is totally impossible. I have a potential work around for this, but its pretty complicated, both from a implementation and usability standpoint, so I don't really have an ETA or want to guarantee it'll even work.
CR68 wrote:
28 Nov 2019
is there a chance that anyone will make a refill or community refill for that? would be great
I have heard some discussion of this, I will talk to the guy :)
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, AutoLatch, and more coming soon!
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

bigguy1

Post 29 Nov 2019

I can perfectly understand, that you don't want to rebuild something so unique.

You are right, the notes would end up in another octave in many cases. But essentially they would not be far away from their origin note.

geronimo

Post 29 Nov 2019

For the Combinator ...

Deltablue.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Socram

Post 17 Jan 2020

Hello everyone, excited to bump the thread to announce that V1.3 is now live!

1.3 brings another new node, the manually controlled Trigger Switch with a separate input for stepping through its pattern.

It also has a new setting for hiding node names, as well as some other minor fixes and under the hood improvements!
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, AutoLatch, and more coming soon!
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

PhillipOrdonez

Post 17 Jan 2020

Wohoooo

BananaSkins

Post 17 Jan 2020

Back Of The Net!

The Delicious Delta Cake Just Added Another Sweet Layer! :puf_bigsmile:

Thank You... :thumbs_up:

MannequinRaces

Post 17 Jan 2020

Very cool. 😎

manisnotabird

Post 18 Jan 2020

Not sure if it's possible, but it would be cool if Delta could be sensitive to where in the measure a note fell. Maybe whichever sixteenth note each note falls closest to relative to the master clock. For example, transpose the "1" of every bar down an octave. Or to make the sixteenth note offbeats lower in velocity. Etc.

Jackjackdaw

Post 19 Jan 2020

Thanks to the Dev for such a great device! I have a feature request. A probability module where you simply set the probability of the note passing through from 0-100%

I have a very specific use case. I love writing generative rhythms with Drum Sequencer player and I want to be able to replicate these patterns using a Beatstep Pro for live performance. I can achieve something close using Delta by dividing the drum pads with an 'If' module and then setting probability with a 'Chance Switch' but the work around has two flaws. First, I can't figure out the maths for the module 'weight' control acheive an exact percentage chance. Second if I have a Delta patch set up with a Chance switch for every drum pad, then there is no way of making the probability of a pad 100% without removing the Chance switch module for that pad or adding another connection.

olive6741

Post 19 Jan 2020

manisnotabird wrote:
18 Jan 2020
Not sure if it's possible, but it would be cool if Delta could be sensitive to where in the measure a note fell. Maybe whichever sixteenth note each note falls closest to relative to the master clock. For example, transpose the "1" of every bar down an octave. Or to make the sixteenth note offbeats lower in velocity. Etc.
Would be great! +1!

Socram

Post 19 Jan 2020

manisnotabird wrote:
18 Jan 2020
This is a very cool idea, I will add it to the list!
Jackjackdaw wrote:
19 Jan 2020
Thanks to the Dev for such a great device! I have a feature request. A probability module where you simply set the probability of the note passing through from 0-100%

I have a very specific use case. I love writing generative rhythms with Drum Sequencer player and I want to be able to replicate these patterns using a Beatstep Pro for live performance. I can achieve something close using Delta by dividing the drum pads with an 'If' module and then setting probability with a 'Chance Switch' but the work around has two flaws. First, I can't figure out the maths for the module 'weight' control acheive an exact percentage chance. Second if I have a Delta patch set up with a Chance switch for every drum pad, then there is no way of making the probability of a pad 100% without removing the Chance switch module for that pad or adding another connection.
Perhaps this excerpt from the manual will help you understand how weighting equates to percentages: https://i.imgur.com/EB6vHUE.png

The mindset for this is that it is much more straightforward to expose to controls. Imagine if you had 3 outputs on a chance switch, all set to 33%, instead of weights. Then you want to change one to 50%. Where does that 17% difference from from? There's ways to reason it out, but all of them seemed to have downsides or frustrations, so I went with this weighting option which kinda freed up the notion of ensuring all odds added up to 100%.

Perhaps there's something I'm missing, but if you are breaking out each drum pad with an If and want to give a specific pad a 100% chance to play, why run it through a Chance Switch at all?
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

MannequinRaces

Post 20 Jan 2020

Still really really hoping for a custom delay node. (crosses fingers) :)

Jackjackdaw

Post 20 Jan 2020

Socram wrote:
19 Jan 2020

The mindset for this is that it is much more straightforward to expose to controls. Imagine if you had 3 outputs on a chance switch, all set to 33%, instead of weights. Then you want to change one to 50%. Where does that 17% difference from from? There's ways to reason it out, but all of them seemed to have downsides or frustrations, so I went with this weighting option which kinda freed up the notion of ensuring all odds added up to 100%.

Perhaps there's something I'm missing, but if you are breaking out each drum pad with an If and want to give a specific pad a 100% chance to play, why run it through a Chance Switch at all?
Thanks I will Rtfm! Re, why run through the chance switch at all, because I would like a preset delta patch I can tweak without having to reroute for different scenarios. I have had wonderful success though and it wouldn't be possible without Delta , so thank you for your work!

Jackjackdaw

Post 20 Jan 2020

I use an if to separate the pads and another to single out the notes I want to randomize using a specific velocity (Set on the beatstep). So if I want notes to be random I set them to vel. 99 for example and the rest at 100 or whatever.

• Information