Electronic Drums with Reason Drum Kits RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
oldskewl95

07 Jul 2019

Hi, all this is my first post. I own an Alesis Strike Pro and was hoping to use it as a controller for the new Reason Drum Kits rack extension via USB. The software has no issue recognizing the the Strike Pro, but the mapping is all out of whack. Even when I set the key mapping on Reason Drum Kits to Alesis Kit, the pads and triggers don't line up. I don't know how to manually map sounds to pads. I'm not sure if the issue lies within the software or the drum module. Has anyone on here used Reason Drum Kits to record their electronic drum kit? Right now there is no sound coming from my high hat or my crash cymbals. The rim of my floor tom is triggering an open high hat sound. I'm a complete noob with recording e drums so any advice is much appreciated. Let me know if my post is too vague and I''ll post more details about gear I'm using

guitfnky

07 Jul 2019

there should be a way to edit the notes your kit is sending in the drum brain. one thing to keep in mind though—some of the different kit pieces might not be in the patch you’re using. you should test on a keyboard to make sure the hats, crashes, and any other kit pieces you’re expecting are indeed part of the patch you’ve got loaded. if they’re loaded to keys there, then you can start mapping the notes in your drum brain.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

gullum

08 Jul 2019

I had a Millenium kit (I sold it) and it was working perfectly with a-list drums and the Reason drum kits RE is mapped the same so I think it is your Alesis that is not set up to send general midi.

oldskewl95

08 Jul 2019

well i have heard remapping the hi hat on the strike pro is always a hassle so yes I think the issue is within the drum module and not the software. Thanks!

• Information