remote mapping for Blamsoft Devices

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
rorystorm

06 Jul 2019

Hi there
I'm remote mapping my devices for my Novation Launchkey 49. Everything is going fine except for some reason, I can't map anything by Blamsoft. I emailed them and they flicked me back their remote mapping templates, which I've used but still getting nothing. I've triple checked and made sure there's not errors in my typing.... The most likely issue I can see is that the dev's name in the Scope field is incorrect, but I've tried every variation on Blamsoft Inc (with and without commas, with and without full stops, upper and lower case letters) and nothing works.
Has anyone else had this problem? Appreciate any help.
Thanks!

artotaku

06 Jul 2019

rorystorm wrote:
06 Jul 2019
Hi there
I'm remote mapping my devices for my Novation Launchkey 49. Everything is going fine except for some reason, I can't map anything by Blamsoft. I emailed them and they flicked me back their remote mapping templates, which I've used but still getting nothing. I've triple checked and made sure there's not errors in my typing.... The most likely issue I can see is that the dev's name in the Scope field is incorrect, but I've tried every variation on Blamsoft Inc (with and without commas, with and without full stops, upper and lower case letters) and nothing works.
Has anyone else had this problem? Appreciate any help.
Thanks!
I once had a problem with Synapse´s Antidote RE where the unique device or developer name for the scope changed between two versions.
But if you got the latest template from Blamsoft it should work.

To be 100 % sure you may export the Device Remote Info file and compare the device and developer name if it fits.
Select the Blamsoft device in the rack and File -> Export Device Remote Info.

Also, can you post your scope line from the remotemap file here in the forum so we could double-check it?

gullum

06 Jul 2019

you can put a device in a combinator ans save the patch and open that in text editor you should see the scope name
a few lines down you should find
Properties deviceProductID="com.blamsoft.DC1"

rorystorm

06 Jul 2019

okay, thanks.
Tried both of those and neither seems to have done anything.

The scope line is
Scope Blamsoft, Inc. com.blamsoft.Viking

artotaku

07 Jul 2019

rorystorm wrote:
06 Jul 2019
okay, thanks.

The scope line is
Format looks correct, tabs are in between.
Then it must be something different. And you say, with the same remotemap file other devices are mapped and working correctly?
Can you share the complete remotemap file here ot a least the part with the mappings for the Viking device?

eXode

07 Jul 2019

rorystorm wrote:
06 Jul 2019
okay, thanks.

The scope line is
Just double checking, do you have the latest version (is it Viking 1?)

Considering that 1.5 was a paid upgrade, so you aren't trying to use a 1.5 remote mapping for an older version of Viking or similar. :)

rorystorm

08 Jul 2019

eXode wrote:
07 Jul 2019
rorystorm wrote:
06 Jul 2019
okay, thanks.

The scope line is
Just double checking, do you have the latest version (is it Viking 1?)

Considering that 1.5 was a paid upgrade, so you aren't trying to use a 1.5 remote mapping for an older version of Viking or similar. :)
yeah nah, good question - I've tried it with four or five different devices and had the same issue.

• Information