GForce...c'mon FFS

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2019

Bought ReTron the day it came out ( a long time ago). Bought ChamberTron and Strings too...yeah, you guessed it. Subscribed to their mailing list. Get an email once or twice a month saying what a good time it is to buy such and such or here's a whole new bank of tapes we never knew we had etc...
REs though?...Nuthin'!
So just wanted to say...if you're reading this GForce...then what about us, the RE users?

(Oh yeah...and if you ARE reading this then, whatever happened with that mystical 10s rule bug I found and which your sound guys had a theory about? You went dark on that one.)
ReasonTalkers...I can't say too much more :). Sorry :). Maybe GForce can :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

03 Jul 2019

what’s the 10-second bug you mentioned?
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2019

guitfnky wrote:
03 Jul 2019
what’s the 10-second bug you mentioned?
It was a while ago so details are a bit foggy in my head. It was something like having a Chambertron playing a random note melody at the start of bar 1 in a song made Reasons play cursor skip when it reached 10 seconds mark It wasn’t much but I noticed a short glitch noise in a Rex Loop and saw the cursor skip. Changing the tempo of the song made the glitch at different points (always at the 10 second mark). I sent Props a file and they confirmed my findings but said it was nothing they were worried about (negligible) and that I could take it up with the 3rd party developer. GForce wrote back and forth with me a couple of times...said that one of their sound guys had had a theory about some esoteric 10 second thing and that I’d just confirmed it and that if it was indeed what they thought they would have to do a major code rewrite. That was the last I heard from them and there haven’t been any updates since. I wrote and asked them a while later but never got a reply. So there you have it. The whole story. Nothing more nothing less :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

RobBarnett

03 Jul 2019

Do you think developers who have abandoned the RE platform leaving products with bugs, should provide a refund. After all if you purchased faulty hardware you would be entitled to a repair or refund and since they have decided not to repair ????

VariableX

03 Jul 2019

RobBarnett wrote:
03 Jul 2019
Do you think developers who have abandoned the RE platform leaving products with bugs, should provide a refund. After all if you purchased faulty hardware you would be entitled to a repair or refund and since they have decided not to repair ????
No, but it isn't right that they still try to sell there REs without stating they support them no longer.
Maybe they should be marked down 70% and potential purchasers informed that there is no ongoing support.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
03 Jul 2019
RobBarnett wrote:
03 Jul 2019
No, but it isn't right that they still try to sell there REs without stating they support them no longer.
Maybe they should be marked down 70% and potential purchasers informed that there is no ongoing support.
Or maybe existing RE customers should be given the VST (bug free) counterparts. Like what U-he did :).

As regards the bug I found...I haven’t checked it for a long time so maybe something has changed with all the Reason updates and it works fine now. Don’t know.
Thought it was pretty weird them saying that they figured it was there and then just ceasing all communication though.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

03 Jul 2019

MrFigg wrote:
03 Jul 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
03 Jul 2019

Or maybe existing RE customers should be given the VST (bug free) counterparts. Like what U-he did :).

As regards the bug I found...I haven’t checked it for a long time so maybe something has changed with all the Reason updates and it works fine now. Don’t know.
Thought it was pretty weird them saying that they figured it was there and then just ceasing all communication though.
something should be worked out, but you know if it was hardware and the manufacturer stops making said devices or stops firmware updates do you expect anything?

how are you going with the DNA labs song? 😜😂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2019

Hahaha. I deleted both of said Rompler catastrophes unequivocally from my Rack.
They will never return I can promise you.
All DNA refills have also been purged from my HD.

Thanks for asking hahaha :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

03 Jul 2019

MrFigg wrote:
03 Jul 2019
Hahaha. I deleted both of said Rompler catastrophes unequivocally from my Rack.
They will never return I can promise you.
All DNA refills have also been purged from my HD.

Thanks for asking hahaha :)
😂😂

• Information