Poly Step Sequencer Question

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
graeme75

01 Jul 2019

Hi all

I'm having troble with something that should be so basic. I have a 4 note chord entered in PolyStep Sequencer (see screenshot). What I want to do is create a rhythm, but I can't seem to wotk out how to copy and paste into the currently selected pattern. Surely you dont have to enter it manually for each step you require?

Cheers
Graeme
Attachments
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (2).png (703.45 KiB) Viewed 607 times

vondersulzburg

01 Jul 2019

Same me. I found now way to copy the chord. I can select it, but no way to copy it to another position inside the Variation.
MacBook Air 512GB SSD 16GB RAM, Reason 11 Suite, LogicProX, FL-Studio, Live10Suite

antic604

01 Jul 2019

It's easy - when entering new note, PolyStep copies the one that was active recently. So just click on the chord, now click elsewhere to enter it again.

graeme75

01 Jul 2019

I think that only works if making a 'Standard' chord, doesnt seem to work when you build a 4 note chord note by note, unless Im missing something obvious?

antic604

01 Jul 2019

graeme75 wrote:
01 Jul 2019
I think that only works if making a 'Standard' chord, doesnt seem to work when you build a 4 note chord note by note, unless Im missing something obvious?
You're right - such chords are treated as separate notes and cannot be copied together. But I guess that's not what the device was designed for :(

But it's also true PolyStep desperately needs a "lasso" tool for selecting multiple notes and doing stuff with them, just like Sequences does.

• Information