Poll: Rewards Points (*Reset: Please vote again)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Have you used Rewards Points?

I have used Rewards Points to buy something.
15%
I have Rewards Points and may use them in the future.
28%
I have Rewards Points but will probably never use them.
41%
I don’t have enough Rewards Points to use to buy something.
16%

Total votes: 61
MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2019

Rewards Points...the questions speak for themselves.
Last edited by MrFigg on 28 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2019

...I edited the questions and everything was reset so if you’ve already participated then sorry but please take the time to click in a box again.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reddust

28 Jun 2019

I miss an option that could be in the middle between good or bad, and it's that reward points are a good idea but it's very bad implemented, I wished I could use them but the way they're implemented makes them pretty useless for me, meaning:

- putting a time limit once the reward points are redeemed into a voucher code
- having a very short list of expensive articles available for reward points
- not being able to use them on articles on sale.

These three conditions make the reward points useless for me, even when I think the concept isn't bad at all, but the way they actually are is far from making loyal customers feel really rewarded.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2019

reddust wrote:
28 Jun 2019
I miss an option that could be in the middle between good or bad, and it's that reward points are a good idea but it's very bad implemented, I wished I could use them but the way they're implemented makes them pretty useless for me, meaning:

- having a very shot list of expensive articles available for reward points

These three conditions make the reward points useless for me, even when I think the concept isn't bad at all, but the way they actually are is far from making loyal customers feel really rewarded.
I hear you and I also agree.
I actually removed the two final questions asking whether people thought Rewards was good or bad. Instead hopefully now the poll will reflect whether people have had any use from the Rewards system. (Removing the questions unfortunately reset the poll so hopefully those who already voted will see this and vote again )
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reddust

28 Jun 2019

Yeah, now the pool is more neutral and concrete, let's see what reasoners have to say :)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2019

reddust wrote:
28 Jun 2019

- having a very short list of expensive articles available for reward points

Pretty much this.
The reward system as an idea is fine, but the way it's implemented makes it pretty useless.

gullum

28 Jun 2019

I currently have 31 points that's enough to get 25% off so many of these RE's come down to 75$ but I'd rather have it down to 49$ or 50%. but then I need to buy other RE's first and I already have all that I can think of needing so may never get to the 50 points and I already own almost all of the RE's in the reward program.

I think the reward system needs more re's and more cheaper once

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2019

Yep. 87 points. Got all the REs I want from the Rewards page already. The only one left that might have interested me is cheaper when it goes on sale than if I used a voucher. Points expire soon. What’s the point really?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

mjxl

28 Jun 2019

Voted #2 , unsure atm.

It would be nice if the reward points could just be spent on all the things, not just some small selection. This gives more incentive to buy more stuff , which in turn gives more rewards, which in turn gives more reason to buy stuff, "insert buy/reward loop here".

moneykube

28 Jun 2019

used this twice so far for expensive synths rarely on sale that for some reason I had to have even though I have too many synths now lol
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

doze

28 Jun 2019

Curious what are the two reward values in other currencies, ie U.S. and Euro? Are they 25 and 50 in each currency? I'm asking because if they are the same value in each currency then it's even less of a deal that it is to non U.S. peeps. Since the actual products don't remain the same value in other currencies.

reasonsuser88

28 Jun 2019

I had 50 active points but they expired so I couldn't even use them. Which bubble am I supposed to fill in? :crazy: I don't have enough points anymore but if I had them now then I would use them.
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

Trefor

29 Jun 2019

I currently have 65 rewards points but there is nothing in the rewards section that I want to buy. It would be a more transparent process if I could use rewards point to purchase anything I want from entire the prop shop.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2019

Trefor wrote:
29 Jun 2019
I currently have 65 rewards points but there is nothing in the rewards section that I want to buy. It would be a more transparent process if I could use rewards point to purchase anything I want from entire the prop shop.
I think that’s the general consensus. It feels to me (and I know this sounds cynical) that Propellerheads say:
“Wow!! You’ve been so good at spending your money in the shop. Here’s what we’ll do. We’ll allow you to buy these items we’ve picked out (all of which have an RRP of €99 or more) for dearer than they would be on sale. As an extra reward though we’ll let you buy them whenever you want without you having to wait until they go on sale (which is about every 12 weeks). Thanks for being a great customer. Oh yeah...your points will expire but that’s ok...let’s face it, it’s your own fault for waiting so long for us to put new stuff into the Rewards section.“
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

stratatonic

29 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
28 Jun 2019
Rewards Points...the questions speak for themselves.
Don't see an option for: Have never owned Reward Points

I just found out this morning that I could "join" this Program and collect 5 points for doing so - after agreeing to the Terms and Conditions... :roll:
And Propellerhead will give me 20 more points if I upgrade my Reason 8 to Reason 10.

So, when ever I decide to upgrade my Reason licence, I'll receive 25 points/dollars to bring a full price 100 dollar Rewards Device down to 75 dollars that will go on sale anyways for 50 bucks or less, lol

Fucking shameful it is...Just a sleazy cash grab

Of course, it's only a cash grab for Propellerhead if you're dumb enuff to opt in...but it's still a sleazy program

Propellerhead is turning into the IKMultimedia of the DAW world

The Propellerhead of Old would never have pulled a stunt like this... :puf_unhappy:
Last edited by stratatonic on 30 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

SymphonicDischord

29 Jun 2019

doze wrote:
28 Jun 2019
Curious what are the two reward values in other currencies, ie U.S. and Euro? Are they 25 and 50 in each currency? I'm asking because if they are the same value in each currency then it's even less of a deal that it is to non U.S. peeps. Since the actual products don't remain the same value in other currencies.

They translate into your accounts default currency. So for instance, 50 points gets me a reward voucher for $50 CAD. Everything in the rewards section is $125 CAD. So it’s more like a 40% savings instead of 50%. On the flip side though, they also track my rewards based off of my CAD dollar spending so I can’t really complain since I technically have to spend less than my American or European counterparts to hit the different voucher levels.

It would be great if they could actually expand the product line available through rewards and introduce some lower price point items or even if they could let you stack vouchers. Also I would love if they would put the upgrades in there, that would be a good way to entice more early adopters to an upgrade if you could use a rewards voucher or two towards the purchase. You’d definitely end up with a lot less people humming and hawing on whether there’s enough features to justify the cost.

josiah

29 Jun 2019

I have used them, because I thought being called "Rewards" and encouraging me to spend money in the Prop Shop they must be a good deal. But afterwards, I immediately recognized that it was not a good deal at all and regretted it. I even asked for a refund, but none is allowed. Rewards are a trap!

doze

29 Jun 2019

SymphonicDischord wrote:
29 Jun 2019
doze wrote:
28 Jun 2019

They translate into your accounts default currency. So for instance, 50 points gets me a reward voucher for $50 CAD. Everything in the rewards section is $125 CAD. So it’s more like a 40% savings instead of 50%. On the flip side though, they also track my rewards based off of my CAD dollar spending so I can’t really complain since I technically have to spend less than my American or European counterparts to hit the different voucher levels.

It would be great if they could actually expand the product line available through rewards and introduce some lower price point items or even if they could let you stack vouchers. Also I would love if they would put the upgrades in there, that would be a good way to entice more early adopters to an upgrade if you could use a rewards voucher or two towards the purchase. You’d definitely end up with a lot less people humming and hawing on whether there’s enough features to justify the cost.
Sadly the rewards really are pretty much useless. The sales are always a better deal, and are pretty much always the same, just labeled with different names "Spring Sale", "Black Friday" etc... Rewards are only good on chosen items, they really should just be like PropCash, useable in the store for whatever you want, and why not? The way it is now is a completely engineered system that really doesn't ever give you a real deal. WAIT FOR SALES!! Of course when there is a sale all reward items on sale disappear from the Rewards section. Every reward item is $125CAN ($99US) or WAY more. And with a reward not being stackable, max savings is either $25CAN or $50CAN depending on the reward coupon you pick up. Picked up Resonans (nice!) for $75CAN on sale, the best I would have been able to get it from the rewards section would have been $100CAN after using a $50CAN reward.

Anyways... blah blah blah… wait for the sales. Can I change my vote to probably will never use the rewards... 8(

strangers
Competition Winner

30 Jun 2019

Chose the third option. Hoping the reward system gets a revamp sometime soon. This is the most limited reward system I've seen.

• Information