New ASVF-212 Analog State-Variable Filter from turn2on

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

antic604

28 Jun 2019

Why oh why won't they hire someone do do their GUIs?! I mean all the knobs are misaligned either vertically or horizontally, there's several fonts being used, some obvious typos (NTCH instead of NOTCH where there obviously is enough space for the 'O').

Yet another missed opportunity.

dusan.cani

28 Jun 2019

I love their GUI. It's sexy :)

seqoi

29 Jun 2019

antic604 wrote:
28 Jun 2019
Why oh why won't they hire someone do do their GUIs?! I mean all the knobs are misaligned either vertically or horizontally, there's several fonts being used, some obvious typos (NTCH instead of NOTCH where there obviously is enough space for the 'O').

Yet another missed opportunity.
I love their GUI and knobs but totally agree with you on Fonts,Typos and unused space.

scratchnsnifff

02 Jul 2019

While they have some devices that are clean, I find that this one has a few too many features

A true SVF with morphable filter types is enough of a cool feature. Maybe just a built in filter env but as far as LFOs, let shape LFO pulsar Europa or any other device handle that

Make propellerhead CV again
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

turn2on
RE Developer

03 Jul 2019

Hi. If you need to use only SVF functional - no problem (its main section of GUI)
If you need to use any external devices with CV, no problems too, main part of knobs support CV inputs.
If you need basic functionality of LFO with some tricks, its easy to use internal LFO then add bigger devices for this to make rack size of project as infinite loop of devices.
Just use what you want.
About ASVF-LFO.. Im personally found it usable because it include random functional, additional waveforms and envelope follower in one box.
Using of Limiter - really needed element for SVF, because state variable filters can be unstable and with it easy to create aggressive frequencies for ears.
We have some minor GUI bugs that be fixed at near update.

Spaceship

03 Jul 2019

I think the GUI looks cool, and I love extra modulation features in any module. Please add CV outputs for the LFO and the envelope follower!

guitfnky

03 Jul 2019

honestly, the GUI looks great to me. all of the gripes above have obvious answers, if you actually look at it for a second. the knobs are aligned just fine, and where they’re moved slightly, it’s to allow for text alignment. the same goes for truncating the word ‘notch’ (hint: it’s to properly align/justify the label with the icon below it). and I can only assume the font complaint is based on the screenshot here/the Shop...if you look at some of the values, and even the label in the upper right, you can tell they were added in with some kind of editing software, since they’re at a higher resolution than the rest of the GUI. not sure why that was done, but it renders that criticism moot, pending a proper look at the actual device as it appears in users’ racks.

a more important question...how does it SOUND?
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

turn2on
RE Developer

08 Jul 2019

Update v.1.0.1 (GUI bug fixes at rear panel) now already released in the shop.

• Information