New Player "Inrange" from Tonicmint

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

diminished
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2019

Woah I need to give this a run. Is that the device which allows me to split octaves on a 25key..?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

diminished
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2019

diminished wrote:
18 Jun 2019
Woah I need to give this a run. Is that the device which allows me to split octaves on a 25key..?
It is!!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

antic604

18 Jun 2019

Still grey, still nope.

I don't understand what's so hard in releasing them in two colours?
I can't be the only one who prefers Players to be white, or am I?

Loque

18 Jun 2019

antic604 wrote:
18 Jun 2019
Still grey, still nope.

1st world problems :-P
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2019

This may be controversial but I like the grey.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

friday

18 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
18 Jun 2019
This may be controversial but I like the grey.
+1

diminished
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2019

Also, everyone will complain about the light gray once a proper dark theme for the SSL arrives.

antic604

18 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
18 Jun 2019
antic604 wrote:
18 Jun 2019
Still grey, still nope.

1st world problems :-P
I can afford those ;) :P

doze

18 Jun 2019

Time for a bundle of InRange + Note Limiter + Note Monitor ;)

scratchnsnifff

18 Jun 2019

antic604 wrote:
18 Jun 2019
Still grey, still nope.

I like the white look as well!
But the chordline player does look pretty sweet, I love the Halloween look to it
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

reddust

18 Jun 2019

I actually have more trouble with the purple/green keyboard than with the main window being grey vs white :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Jun 2019

reddust wrote:
18 Jun 2019
I actually have more trouble with the purple/green keyboard than with the main window being grey vs white :)
Well...
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reddust

18 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
18 Jun 2019
reddust wrote:
18 Jun 2019
Well...
Nice video, and nice song haha, I like that kind of green and purple

guitfnky

18 Jun 2019

dark grey >= white
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

seqoi

19 Jun 2019

antic604 wrote:
18 Jun 2019
Still grey, still nope.

I prefer grey and darker color - BY FAR.

Much easier to work with in long nights. But i understand people are different. With that being said perhaps it's possible to add seocnd "light" skin with a switch? For people like you.

Reasonable man

23 Jun 2019

I have been trying this device since it came out. I highly reccomend it. Its espcially good for editing sample and hold / euclidean type sequences from Kron o Psq or a set of ramdomised matrix notes and blocking those nasty squeltchy high peaks and obstrusive farty low ends in one go.
If you can get a nice ecuclidean type rythmn going ..the list of blues scales you can match them to are a massive bonus.
Due to the lsit of scales to choose from from the likes of bartok , ravel or gregorian chants etc im gusessing the developer knows a bit about music .
Tiny quibble on all these palyer devices is the vast majoriy off them can't be folded down which adds to the chaos within the rack. It woudn't take long to adda folding feature on all of em . Tiny quibble as i say.

Undistraction

25 Jun 2019

This is so close to what I need, but please make the notes on the piano roll toggleable. Don't limit it to the same scale notes repeated across each octave. Please allow us to choose our own selection of notes spanning multiple octaves.

ab459

24 May 2020

Folks, i wanted to ask - TonicMints's InRange it's do similar thing as OChen.K's CVTuner (but ready for players) ? Or nor exactly.
Or by other words - it can replace CV Tuner ?

And second question - do i need NoteLimiter if i buy InRange ? It's almost the same or no ?

Bes
Competition Winner

24 May 2020

from memory note limiter allows you to partition/filter note signal based on velocity, which is something inrange cannot do.

i guess you could say this device does similar things to CVTuner but i hadn't thought of it as a replacement. one thing i really like about CVTuner is the parallel note out with interval adjustment
- Certified Reason expert

ab459

24 May 2020

Bes wrote:
24 May 2020
from memory note limiter allows you to partition/filter note signal based on velocity, which is something inrange cannot do.

i guess you could say this device does similar things to CVTuner but i hadn't thought of it as a replacement. one thing i really like about CVTuner is the parallel note out with interval adjustment
Ok. Do i right understand that players note stream also available to use thru CV Tuner by use CVPT ? (i have cv tuner but did not use it with players yet).
And parallel question - do really more profitable\useful for this task will be "MIDI-CV Converter" (by LoveOne Consulting) comparing with CVPT ?

Bes
Competition Winner

24 May 2020

you should try it out, CVPT is very useful

Vil
RE Developer

24 May 2020

The bounch of CVs on the back side of InRange are for inputs (and not for outputs). So you can filtering the note of an instrument by another instrument, thanks for the CVPT.
(eg: play chords on instrument A, place CVPT on instrument A. play bassline on instrument B. Place InRange on instrument B. Connect the CVPT with InRange. Than your bassline are limited/corrected to the current chords)

In another case, the intimacy between players and instruments limited to the MIDI ifnormation. So a player couldnt provide a better solution for tuning than the CVTuner.

Ohh, and one more thing. I just noticed, the InRange has wrong images in the shop. InRange doesent have CV inputs for the velocity range, because this device doesnt handle it. I have to fix it, sorry about that.

ab459

24 May 2020

@Vil ok thanks for info (trialed InRange today - liked what he does, will buy until end sale). About picture - yes incl that why i thought about difference with Limiter heh, well np.
Bes wrote:
24 May 2020
you should try it out, CVPT is very useful
Well, i had been use it already a bit, yes, thing actually useful, but also think about MIDI-CV Converter until it at sale. And I already read the opinions about his difference with CVPT, but it seemed to me that the opinions were somehow equally divided about this need or no.

Bes
Competition Winner

24 May 2020

MIDI-CV has been on sale every big Reason Studios sale, black friday, xmas and may madness and probably at other times of the year as well. if you are asking me specifically i suggest just waiting until you are more comfortable with your options.

that said i have both and use MIDI-CV 90% of the time

• Information