free predator 1.6 banks

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
sleep1979

17 Jun 2019

does anyone know of some good ones ?
I found some great ones by arksun the rest are a bit hit and miss
, by the way the RE patch convertor is 32 bit (FOR PC ) so wont work in reason download reaper or something to convert them
cheers
Last edited by sleep1979 on 19 Jun 2019, edited 2 times in total.

eusti

17 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
17 Jun 2019

, by the way the RE patch convertor is 32 bit so wont work in reason download reaper or something to convert them
cheers
That is on a PC, yes? As I stated in the other thread, it is working fine here on my Mac system and Reason 10.4 which seems to indicate, that at least for Macs the plug in is 64 bit.

D.

sleep1979

17 Jun 2019

eusti wrote:
17 Jun 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
17 Jun 2019

, by the way the RE patch convertor is 32 bit so wont work in reason download reaper or something to convert them
cheers
That is on a PC, yes? As I stated in the other thread, it is working fine here on my Mac system and Reason 10.4 which seems to indicate, that at least for Macs the plug in is 64 bit.

D.
Thats quite unusual isnt it , that they only made a 64 bit for mac , they emailed me and said they will work on the pc version , seems crazy where there are way more pc users , anyway im not sure how many banks are worth converting ive only found one so far arksun , have you found more ?

boingy

18 Jun 2019

Somewhere in the dim and distant past I found a simple Windows freeware VST host that would host 32 bit and 64 bit VSTs and run as a standalone EXE file. That would be prefect for the converter. If only I could find it or remember its name.....

ScuzzyEye

18 Jun 2019

boingy wrote:
18 Jun 2019
Somewhere in the dim and distant past I found a simple Windows freeware VST host that would host 32 bit and 64 bit VSTs and run as a standalone EXE file. That would be prefect for the converter. If only I could find it or remember its name.....
VSTHost? http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm

sleep1979

18 Jun 2019

so best free one
http://arksun-sound.com/freeware.html

another ok free one

https://sites.google.com/site/osirissynths/

this is mega cheap and good 2 dollars
https://sonic-elements.com/product/predator-pandora/

xenos soundworks
also lets you get two predator packs for under 5 dollars
https://xenossoundworks.com/predator_other.html

moneykube

18 Jun 2019

ok ... this is an example of greyed out fxb patches... there were two other demo selections that were also greyed... banks work fine... patches for some reason always greyed out... this was in relation to my post that files were greyed out when I tried converting with the converter,
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 1.55.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 1.55.22 PM.png (418.57 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

sleep1979

18 Jun 2019

Email rob papen team they seem helpful

eusti

18 Jun 2019

moneykube wrote:
18 Jun 2019
ok ... this is an example of greyed out fxb patches... there were two other demo selections that were also greyed... banks work fine... patches for some reason always greyed out... this was in relation to my post that files were greyed out when I tried converting with the converter,Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 1.55.22 PM.png
Did you make your library folder accessable? I'm not sure, but I seem to recall that at least in earlier Mac systems (El Capitan, etc) you had to make your library folder visible to access it... Could that be going on?

D.

moneykube

18 Jun 2019

eusti wrote:
18 Jun 2019
moneykube wrote:
18 Jun 2019
ok ... this is an example of greyed out fxb patches... there were two other demo selections that were also greyed... banks work fine... patches for some reason always greyed out... this was in relation to my post that files were greyed out when I tried converting with the converter,Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 1.55.22 PM.png
Did you make your library folder accessable? I'm not sure, but I seem to recall that at least in earlier Mac systems (El Capitan, etc) you had to make your library folder visible to access it... Could that be going on?

D.
I download and unzip in downloads folder.... banks convert no problem there, but single patches are always grey.... it is not in library folder so I don't think that is the issue. It is a mystery to me. Not a terrible situation because many sounds to work with already, but it makes me hesitant to purchase any patches I might need to convert, since I can't figure out why it does this....since it works on patches for you I am leaning toward an os version issue.
mountainlion seems the most stable for me... every time I try to upgrade os there are major problems, I have tried a number of later operating systems and always end up pulling my hair out because multiple things start going crazy lol... which drives me crazy :puf_wink: 5 attempts or so... I always end up reverting back to mountain lion in the end of multiple testing... even had apple on the phone for one attempt... they just try to sell you another computer and have no real answers it seems on this issue anyways
Last edited by moneykube on 18 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

eusti

18 Jun 2019

moneykube wrote:
18 Jun 2019
I download and unzip in downloads folder.... banks convert no problem there, but single patches are always grey.... it is not in library folder so I don't think that is the issue. It is a mystery to me. Not a terrible situation because many sounds to work with already, but it makes me hesitant to purchase any patches I might need to convert, since I can't figure out why it does this....
As I understand the manual it only converts banks not single patches:

"This program will convert Predator VST bank (.fxb) files to Predator-RE Reason patches (.repatch) files
• • •
Click on the "Set Original File" button, and then select the .fxb files to convert. You can also select more than one .fxb file at a time.
Click on the "Set Export Folder" button and select the folder you wish to save the converted repatch files to.
Click on the "Convert" button, this will convert the selected .fxb files to the .repatch extension. Individual presets are saved as patches.
For an example the preset "Arp : 1980" in the Introduction bank, would be saved as "Arp - 1980. repatch".
Note: the : is replaced by - to give a valid file name."

Hope this helps.

D.

eusti

18 Jun 2019

PS: If you are thinking about buying patches and can't convert them, hit me up with a PM and I might be able to help you as I have the working converter and the VST version of Predator.

D.

moneykube

18 Jun 2019

I guess this post of yours made me think single patches were possible
eusti wrote:
16 Jun 2019
Ok. Just tried it on my Mac OS X 10.11.6 / Reason 10.4D4: The converter works as intended here.
Pick a bank, pick a folder, click convert, done.
if only banks then it does work as it is supposed to... thanx for that clarification... I am ok with all that... it was a bonus app after all. :mrgreen:

moneykube

18 Jun 2019

eusti wrote:
18 Jun 2019
PS: If you are thinking about buying patches and can't convert them, hit me up with a PM and I might be able to help you as I have the working converter and the VST version of Predator.

D.
awesome and very kind of you... I will keep that in mind.... :exclamation:

sleep1979

19 Jun 2019

moneykube wrote:
18 Jun 2019
I guess this post of yours made me think single patches were possible
eusti wrote:
16 Jun 2019
Ok. Just tried it on my Mac OS X 10.11.6 / Reason 10.4D4: The converter works as intended here.
Pick a bank, pick a folder, click convert, done.
if only banks then it does work as it is supposed to... thanx for that clarification... I am ok with all that... it was a bonus app after all. :mrgreen:
My post dude and i meant banks but put patches so sorry about that pal, i didn't know it didn’t convert patches so changed the title cheers ,
Have you guys got any different banks to the ones i mentioned that are any good ? Cheers

• Information