Unwanted Rack Extensions

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
DrGOA®

17 Jun 2019

Is there a way to remove unwanted RE's from my account?

I want to check for updates for RE's I have.
But if I click on "SYNC ALL" button all RE's will be downloaded - wanted and unwanted.

mjxl

17 Jun 2019

You'd have to ask support to remove them from your account :)

Noplan
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2019

But if I click on "SYNC ALL" button all RE's will be downloaded - wanted and unwanted.
At some point, you think twice about whether to buy a plugin that you might not need soon. it is by no means sales-promoting. And SYNC ALL is the feature that I value most about the rack extensions but at some point it loses all its magic. PH should definitely give more options in the user account, also in their interest.

motuscott

17 Jun 2019

Noplan wrote:
17 Jun 2019
. And SYNC ALL is the feature that I value most about the rack extensions but at some point it loses all its magic. PH should definitely give more options in the user account, also in their interest.
I concur.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Magnus

17 Jun 2019

Cautionary tale here; I had the RE-2A removed from my account (amongst some other REs) a few years back as I wasn't using it between different systems and was tired of the Sync All downloading it all the time. I subsequently thought it would be nice to repurchase it after realising it had performed a very specific function within the Rack. But of course I can't repurchase now as it's been removed from the Shop. Propellerheads were unable to restore the device back due to licensing issues.

Of course I would never have done this if the Propellerhead account management allowed for the creation of groups that I could 'Sync Group' without having to bring everything down all the time a Sync All is performed.

Anyway the moral of the story is think long and hard about getting REs removed as you might not have the option to repurchase them in future if you have second thoughts.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2019

As above. If you write to Propellerheads they’ll remove them for you. I got them to remove those Aeon synths two days after I bought them. Next up are this two stupid DNALabs Romplers. What was I thinking when I bought those. Man!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DrGOA®

17 Jun 2019

So, I wrote to Propellerheads and waiting for their answer.
Also I made a list of unwanted RE's.
At some point, you think twice about whether to buy a plugin that you might not need soon.
They all are free ones.

diminished
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2019

I don't mind _owning_ all those freebies and unwanted REs but I'd sure as shit love an option to hide everything I don't wanna see within Reason. Not downloading them in there first place is welcomed too, but I'd like to have both options.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

antic604

17 Jun 2019

Noplan wrote:
17 Jun 2019
At some point, you think twice about whether to buy a plugin that you might not need soon. it is by no means sales-promoting. And SYNC ALL is the feature that I value most about the rack extensions but at some point it loses all its magic. PH should definitely give more options in the user account, also in their interest.
Same here. I actually resigned from buying several REs that I wasn't 100% certain of, just for that reason - I don't want them visible in my Browser reminding me of my bad purchasing decisions :D

sleep1979

17 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jun 2019
As above. If you write to Propellerheads they’ll remove them for you. I got them to remove those Aeon synths two days after I bought them. Next up are this two stupid DNALabs Romplers. What was I thinking when I bought those. Man!!!
I have kept my aeon organic has flaws but is usable , but i have had some removed , but were just wasting money here man , the moral we really need to try things out fully before we buy , hence why im renting to own predator , i trialed it did one month left it for two now im doing another and i really like it so i may carry on with paying the monthly payments , but yeah we are just wasting money here .

DrGOA®

06 Jul 2019

On 18-th June I recieved an answer from Propellerheads, that they will try to remove unwanted REs from my account.
'Till now - NO REs were removed.

So, I can do 2 things (I suppose):
1. Click on the "SYNC ALL" button, download all REs, then delete all unwanted.
Or:
2. Delete all my REs, then download only those, which I want.

strangers
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2019

Is there any reasoning as to why there's still no license transfer options?

mjxl

06 Jul 2019

DrGOA® wrote:
06 Jul 2019
On 18-th June I recieved an answer from Propellerheads, that they will try to remove unwanted REs from my account.
'Till now - NO REs were removed.

So, I can do 2 things (I suppose):
1. Click on the "SYNC ALL" button, download all REs, then delete all unwanted.
Or:
2. Delete all my REs, then download only those, which I want.
Well quicktip, as long as the devices you own are not in the "New Arrivals" section, they have not had an update. (Unless you have WAYYYYYYYYYY more than me, which has a good chance still at this point)

As you can see on the image below (sorted on new to old) , i own Sequences, Select Program and MODRACK VCO. They've all had updates recently, but there's no point for me to sync the devices.
Attachments
REUpdates.png
REUpdates.png (420.93 KiB) Viewed 1998 times

wendylou

06 Jul 2019

On Mac OS, you can remove an unwanted RE by removing it from your user library. Move them to a backup folder somewhere. If you change your mind, just move them back. I just tested this – it works :puf_smile:

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 4.50.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 4.50.45 PM.png (186.96 KiB) Viewed 1991 times
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

mjxl

06 Jul 2019

Yep on Windows aswell. They are in " %APPDATA%\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions "

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jul 2019

wendylou wrote:
06 Jul 2019
On Mac OS, you can remove an unwanted RE by removing it from your user library. Move them to a backup folder somewhere. If you change your mind, just move them back. I just tested this – it works :puf_smile:

Yeah. In Windows you can just open authorizer and delete the REs you don’t want in your Rack. The thing is that clicking sync all on the account page just puts ‘em all back on there. I think the general consensus is that a click box on the account page for what does and doesn’t get downloaded when sync all is pressed would be a good idea.
I currently just keep an eye on “new arrivals” as also suggested above. No sync all for me :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DrGOA®

07 Jul 2019

mjxl wrote:
06 Jul 2019
Yep on Windows aswell. They are in " %USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions "
I know that.

seqoi

07 Jul 2019

Yeah a simple tick or untick option floating alongside individual RE for SYNC in Propellerhead account would do wonders.

Basically only those that are "ticked" should be synced/downloaded/installed on SYNC ALL. Job done.

I can't see this as a ground breaking, expensive and exhausting feature to do - in their won store.

Magnus

07 Jul 2019

Just contact Propellerhead support and ask them nicely and tell them you don't mind waiting if they're busy. They can remove the unwanted REs from your account, that way you get only what you like with a Sync All.

dvdrtldg

07 Jul 2019

wendylou wrote:
06 Jul 2019

Thanks! Going to do some housekeeping now

• Information