Maia 1.5 has been released

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
sleep1979

20 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
20 Jun 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
20 Jun 2019
... pinknoise studio makes them all friendly every patch works , maybe thats why loques didn't get in I'm not sure...
You are absolutly right. But i liked the patches very much and they were build for the community, so i uploaded them here for everyone who can use them. I normally useonly stock and free devices, so everyone can use them. But i am not fully aware, what is possible in Intro.
yeah man i'm sorry i totally get that now i have only just noticed that you have patches in the new bank with the extension lQ right very nice bud cheers

sleep1979

20 Jun 2019

ScuzzyEye wrote:
20 Jun 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
20 Jun 2019
Ok ill break it down for you , reason intro and lite sorry not compact , have some effects missing , patches made for rack extensions shouldn't contain effects that are not in intro /essentials / lite if you want everyone to hear them , pinknoise studio makes them all friendly every patch works , maybe thats why loques didn't get in I'm not sure , even pulsar and polar have some patches that don't work and its really annoying props should include friendly patches across the spectrum , not refills because it states there not intro friendly so u cant but them fair enough , but u can buy all rack extensions, and its not nice when u cant use all the patches , hence i try things out now and if all the patches don't work i give it a miss , so im just saying leave out a few effects that intro users dont have like unison and stuff cheers.
I completely disagree. There's no reason to restrict what devices are used in sample patches.

Think about this. You can't hear the patch that includes Unison. So let's say they didn't include the patch then. Same effect, you'd also not be able to hear it. But what if it is a really interesting patch. You'd deny everyone from hearing it, just because some people don't meet the requirements.

My MS-34 chip synth does very little on its own. It relies heavily on other devices for control. I included patches that even used non-free REs from other developers, because they produced interesting results.

Maybe it would be nice for developers to make a folder of Intro-friendly patches, but they're under no obligation to limit their device selection to suit every version of Reason and an empty collection of REs.
have them as a bonus download not connected to the RE then
Its probably not annoying for you because you have full reason but
this is proper annoying
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (321.49 KiB) Viewed 1296 times

sleep1979

20 Jun 2019

what's annoying is having to load them up one by one and find only maybe three patches out of 20 that work
that just isn't fair in my book, seeing as though propellerheads say racks are totally compatible
Last edited by sleep1979 on 20 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

sleep1979

20 Jun 2019

anyway ill stop hijacking this thread lol great synth andras

sleep1979

20 Jun 2019

h
Last edited by sleep1979 on 20 Jun 2019, edited 2 times in total.

diminished
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2019

These are solid bread&butter sounds, but why don't you try and utilize the osc table, the sequencer and the mod matrix a bit more?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

sleep1979

20 Jun 2019

diminished wrote:
20 Jun 2019
These are solid bread&butter sounds, but why don't you try and utilize the osc table, the sequencer and the mod matrix a bit more?
I put another one in there updated it
I don't know how to use the sequencer and osc table that greatly tbh
and I like pads and keys I will learn i'm aiming to learn this synth completely cheers

Magnus

23 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
20 Jun 2019
what's annoying is having to load them up one by one and find only maybe three patches out of 20 that work
that just isn't fair in my book, seeing as though propellerheads say racks are totally compatible
Props have been pulling this shit since they split Reason out and they do it to make people want to upgrade to the full version...

It's 100% possible for the Browser to filter out CMBs that contain devices not supported by that version of Reason (the last time I checked if you invoke a browser from a mixer channel programmer browse button, it does just that - only shows CMBs that are supported by that Reason version it hides all others). They've deliberately left the browser broken when browsing for instruments to reinforce that you're not running full Reason and give you annoying error messages all the time... I used to run a separate Reason Essentials as a simplified cut-down Reason and ultimately quit it because of this exact issue...I now only use full Reason...

Loque

23 Jun 2019

Magnus wrote:
23 Jun 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
20 Jun 2019
Props have been pulling this shit since they split Reason out and they do it to make people want to upgrade to the full version...

It's 100% possible for the Browser to filter out CMBs that contain devices not supported by that version of Reason (the last time I checked if you invoke a browser from a mixer channel programmer browse button, it does just that - only shows CMBs that are supported by that Reason version it hides all others). They've deliberately left the browser broken when browsing for instruments to reinforce that you're not running full Reason and give you annoying error messages all the time... I used to run a separate Reason Essentials as a simplified cut-down Reason and ultimately quit it because of this exact issue...I now only use full Reason...
Guys...relax...How long do you think you are willing to wait for the browser to filter out all patches/Combinators that cannot played by your Reason Version without any Rack Extensions and VSTs until, lets say 500 patches are filtered?

And next we gonna talk about samples...Filter every NNXXT which samples are not available...Oh, ymaybe i could "Look after them", so no, do not filter that samples, that could be on my HD somewhere...

Please before you start slapping all over, try to think and make a constructive suggestion.

* My suggestion would be, RE could be available without any possibles changes/automation if the devs commit to it.
* For VSTS: Bad luck dude...
* Sample...just add a database
* There are probably plenty other things to improve in the browser, like tagging and millions of other things...
Reason12, Win10

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

28 Jun 2019

Maia 1.5.1 has been released.

Changes:

Up/Down arrows added to the fields of Osc Tables for easier editing and navigation.

Handling of leds on the Oscillator Table has been changed:
When you played a chord by holding notes and you went beyond the end of the Osc Table, the Leds turned off when you released the last key even if another key still played that Oscillator. Now it works as intended.

The leds on the Osc Tables now show only the real sounding notes, when the number of playing notes exceed the max polyphony setting, the leds of the old notes will be filtered out.

Bugfixes:

In some cases, the ghost leds on the Osc Tables appeared incorrectly, fixed.

In mono mode, the Osc Table lost the focus when reverted to held note and it played the main oscillator instead of the Osc tables’s setting. This has been fixed.

When one of the synth engines was in mono mode and its sequencer pattern was enabled, the Osc Table LEDs on the other synth engine didn’t turn off.

In some cases when you changed mono mode while you held keys, the held keys could get stuck. Now if you change mono mode, Maia will release all sounds.

Osc Table Led bug: if you played several notes and released one key, the Led on step1 of the Oscillator table always turned off.

Many thanks to Loque for his meticulous betatesting!

Have fun :)

A.
Andras
----------------
I am the voice of PinkNoise

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

Loque

28 Jun 2019

Good job. Thanks for having the patience with anoying beta testers :-D
Reason12, Win10

geronimo

28 Jun 2019

Too bad the Rate of each sequencer (A & B) and other parameter (Table Length) are not independent .

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

28 Jun 2019

Table lengths are independent, I couldn’t make the rates independent for backward compatibility reason.
Andras
----------------

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

Loque

28 Jun 2019

geronimo wrote:
28 Jun 2019
Too bad the Rate of each sequencer (A & B) and other parameter (Table Length) are not independent .
You can always have 2 Maia...
Reason12, Win10

Micha1973

29 Jun 2019

A great update! MAIA is one of my to go re´s. :thumbs_up:
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2019

Both Maia and Luna are totally magic. Pretty much the only synths I’ve been using these days.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

tobypearce

04 Jul 2019

Is there a bug in Maia 1.5?
Filter cut off only automates in discrete jumps.
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-07-04 at 07.44.37.png
Screenshot 2019-07-04 at 07.44.37.png (990.88 KiB) Viewed 864 times
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

sleep1979

04 Jul 2019

tobypearce wrote:
04 Jul 2019
Is there a bug in Maia 1.5?
Filter cut off only automates in discrete jumps.
There was another update after that did u get it ?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2019

Turn off Snap 1/8?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

tobypearce

04 Jul 2019

No update yet - checked 3 hours ago.
Snap would affect point placement but shouldn’t prevent the line between two points being straight

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

04 Jul 2019

I checked it and works fine on my system. Here is a test project file I created.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SO8vG ... Api-K65cGb

So, I think the problem is somewhere in your setup, not in Maia.

Andras
Andras
----------------

tobypearce

04 Jul 2019

Hi Andras - I’ve sent over a mail with more details.

Best wishes, Toby.

• Information