Maia 1.5 has been released

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

14 Jun 2019

Hi Folks,

I am really proud to present Maia 1.5 :)

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... nthesizer/

The trial period has been reset, so everyone can check the new features.
We worked a lot in the last 2 months to develop & finish this free update, so I'm very happy now... and I would like to say a big "THANK YOU!" to all beta testers!

What’s new in Maia 1.5:

• Oscillator tables of Maia give you a unique way to create continuously changing sequences, melodies or bass lines. They can work perfectly either with the internal step sequencer or you can use them with any player device of Reason. The oscillator tables have three play modes: step, velocity or random.

• LED display on the step sequencer: shows the current position of the running steps.

• Step sequencer’s mono mode: when playing on the keyboard in legato mode, the step sequencer and the oscillator table won’t restart the sequence, it will jump to the next position and continue the sequence.

• updated and enlarged factory patch bank

• minor bug fixes

That's all, have fun!

Andras
Andras
----------------
I am the voice of PinkNoise

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

mon

14 Jun 2019

Thanks a lot! :)
:reason: 10+
:recycle: :re: :refillpacker:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Jun 2019

I’d like to jump in early just to say 1.5 is great. It really is. Just so you know. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

14 Jun 2019

Fantastic, thank you! Can't wait to explore the new patches. I put Maia to use in my new song, she's a welcomed addition to my rack.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

mon

14 Jun 2019

The manual is still for the old version. Any hints how to access the OSC tables? It's not evident to me, except the button near the mod wheel, which is not enough to make it work.

:oops:

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

14 Jun 2019

mon wrote:
14 Jun 2019
The manual is still for the old version. Any hints how to access the OSC tables? It's not evident to me, except the button near the mod wheel.

Working on it! The fresh new, updated & very detailed manual will be available on Monday! :)

Andras
Andras
----------------

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

mon

14 Jun 2019

I usually need specific parts of the manuals. If you give me few tips here just for the OSC tables, I will be O.K. I am familiar with the rest of the instrument :)

mon

14 Jun 2019

I just found found the dashed line under the "Synth selector" :)

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

14 Jun 2019

mon wrote:
14 Jun 2019
Yes, this picture can be found on the product page, it may help:

Andras
----------------

Soeno

14 Jun 2019

good job!

Loque

14 Jun 2019

Congratulations to the release! Its a very nice sounding synth and it produces quickly good results.

Here are a few patches which did not made it into the release of 1.5. Have fun with it.
Attachments
Maia - Loque.zip
(35.65 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Reason12, Win10

Fraxis

14 Jun 2019

Great news! I had been really looking forward to this update. It's such an enjoyable synth and usually the first thing I fire up when writing something new.

scratchnsnifff

15 Jun 2019

AndrasHaasz wrote:
14 Jun 2019
mon wrote:
14 Jun 2019
Yes, this picture can be found on the product page, it may help:

Is there any way to make it crossfade between tables without the step sequencer type sound?

I like the random variation mode. That’s pretty fun and unique :)

This synth is becoming quite the monster
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

15 Jun 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
15 Jun 2019

Is there any way to make it crossfade between tables without the step sequencer type sound?

Sorry, there is no crossfade option, it's not a wavetable synth.

Andras
Andras
----------------

scratchnsnifff

15 Jun 2019

AndrasHaasz wrote:
15 Jun 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:
15 Jun 2019

Sorry, there is no crossfade option, it's not a wavetable synth.

Andras
Gotchya :)

The update is fun and this style of wave sequencing is unique to other Res

So glad to constant development, keep up the good work man
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

17 Jun 2019

AndrasHaasz wrote:
14 Jun 2019
mon wrote:
14 Jun 2019
The manual is still for the old version. Any hints how to access the OSC tables? It's not evident to me, except the button near the mod wheel.

Working on it! The fresh new, updated & very detailed manual will be available on Monday! :)

Andras
The magnificent new manual (1.5) is available from here: http://reasonbanks.com/re_maia.html

Will be updated on the props site as well, but they're not so fast ;-)

Andras
Andras
----------------

sleep1979

20 Jun 2019

Soeno wrote:
14 Jun 2019
good job!
think for rack extensions you should make them intro and compact friendly I cant load those thanks anyway

diminished
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
20 Jun 2019

think for rack extensions you should make them intro and compact friendly I cant load those thanks anyway
what are you talking about
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

sleep1979

20 Jun 2019

diminished wrote:
20 Jun 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
20 Jun 2019

Ok ill break it down for you , reason intro and lite sorry not compact , have some effects missing , patches made for rack extensions shouldn't contain effects that are not in intro /essentials / lite if you want everyone to hear them , pinknoise studio makes them all friendly every patch works , maybe thats why loques didn't get in I'm not sure , even pulsar and polar have some patches that don't work and its really annoying props should include friendly patches across the spectrum , not refills because it states there not intro friendly so u cant but them fair enough , but u can buy all rack extensions, and its not nice when u cant use all the patches , hence i try things out now and if all the patches don't work i give it a miss , so im just saying leave out a few effects that intro users dont have like unison and stuff cheers.

sleep1979

20 Jun 2019

Ie -im a intro user and i dont see that changing any time soon

sleep1979

20 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
20 Jun 2019
Soeno wrote:
14 Jun 2019
good job!
I quoted the wrong person 😂

sleep1979

20 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
14 Jun 2019
Congratulations to the release! Its a very nice sounding synth and it produces quickly good results.

Here are a few patches which did not made it into the release of 1.5. Have fun with it.
I was supposed to quote loque sorry about the confusion

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
20 Jun 2019
diminished wrote:
20 Jun 2019

Ok ill break it down for you , reason intro and lite sorry not compact , have some effects missing , patches made for rack extensions shouldn't contain effects that are not in intro /essentials / lite if you want everyone to hear them , pinknoise studio makes them all friendly every patch works , maybe thats why loques didn't get in I'm not sure , even pulsar and polar have some patches that don't work and its really annoying props should include friendly patches across the spectrum , not refills because it states there not intro friendly so u cant but them fair enough , but u can buy all rack extensions, and its not nice when u cant use all the patches , hence i try things out now and if all the patches don't work i give it a miss , so im just saying leave out a few effects that intro users dont have like unison and stuff cheers.
Point is they could leave them out but at the end of the day you’d still only have the same amount of patches you can use if they didn’t leave them out. I’ve got loads of REs and refills which have combis with REs I don’t have. I just hop over them, use the ones I can and see it as a bonus if in the future I buy the missing REs. Admittedly it’s good if the combis specify which REs are specific to them. (Separate patch folder) so you can avoid trying to load them up.
Last edited by MrFigg on 20 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ScuzzyEye

20 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
20 Jun 2019
I completely disagree. There's no reason to restrict what devices are used in sample patches.

Think about this. You can't hear the patch that includes Unison. So let's say they didn't include the patch then. Same effect, you'd also not be able to hear it. But what if it is a really interesting patch. You'd deny everyone from hearing it, just because some people don't meet the requirements.

My MS-34 chip synth does very little on its own. It relies heavily on other devices for control. I included patches that even used non-free REs from other developers, because they produced interesting results.

Maybe it would be nice for developers to make a folder of Intro-friendly patches, but they're under no obligation to limit their device selection to suit every version of Reason and an empty collection of REs.

Loque

20 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
20 Jun 2019
... pinknoise studio makes them all friendly every patch works , maybe thats why loques didn't get in I'm not sure...
You are absolutly right. But i liked the patches very much and they were build for the community, so i uploaded them here for everyone who can use them. I normally useonly stock and free devices, so everyone can use them. But i am not fully aware, what is possible in Intro.
Reason12, Win10

• Information