Tell me your Fritz tips

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dvdrtldg

12 Jun 2019

This is really just a thinly veiled excuse for a Fritz Appreciation thread, I've been consistently amazed by this thing ever since it was released

Like bereavement, Fritz appreciation proceeds in stages:

1. Download, launch, tweak, wtf lol

2. Explore presets, holy shit but still wtf

3. Discover randomise button, holy shit, lose mind, disappear down rabbit hole until you've grown a beard, you're sitting in your own filth and the police are knocking on your door because nobody has heard from you for three weeks

4. Read manual, a little less wtf but a lot more holy shit

5. Start exploring on more subtle & controlled settings, realise this thing is the best RE of all time

Lately I've been putting a Graindad in the audio breakout and that's working very nicely. What are your cool Fritz discoveries?

diminished
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2019

First I thought you were asking for things to do and see while in Germany.

First Panda RE I ever bought!

I still don't know what most of the knobs and the little colored clicky things do, but the following patch was so worth saving:
fritzverb2wet.zip
(1.43 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Dial down the wetness if you use it in series. Or don't, still cool. Enjoy!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2019

Only tip I can give you is try a guitar on it. It’s the sound I’ve sought after for many years. Favourite effect at the moment.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dvdrtldg

12 Jun 2019

I like using it as a weird stereo delay, gentle settings so that it doesn't sound like a grain device at all, more like a delay with some sort of fucked up tape decay in the loop. Very atmospheric, with unpredictable things happening in the stereo field

There's a recognisable default "sound" with granular fx that I don't actually like very much, sort of thin and 90s-glitchy. My yardstick for a good grain device is how easily you can make it *not* sound like a grain device. Fritz really shines in this respect. Other things like Grain synth I have more trouble with

diminished
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
12 Jun 2019
Only tip I can give you is try a guitar on it. It’s the sound I’ve sought after for many years. Favourite effect at the moment.
So beautiful. I just put my reverb on acoustic guitar. Have a listen. Care to share some guitar fx? Same for dvdrtldg, I'd love to hear your patches.
guitarwithfritzverb.mp3
(278.89 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Loque

12 Jun 2019

I am surprised you like the patches. I don't find them very useful.

If i am really in glitch mode, i turn up the FM and shorten the grains. In normal phases i use longer grains, beat sync, less pitch and fm.

Can also be an interesting delay or reverb and shimmer with pitch or a little bit fm.

My experiments with the break out were not as satisfying as expected. I dunno how it is working, but i like the break out of The Echo more.
Reason12, Win10

challism

13 Jun 2019

That beautiful RANDOM button is all I need! Hit it as many times as I need to until I get something interesting, then just fine tune the knobs to taste. I love it! Same goes for Nostromo!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2019

challism wrote:
13 Jun 2019
That beautiful RANDOM button is all I need! Hit it as many times as I need to until I get something interesting, then just fine tune the knobs to taste. I love it! Same goes for Nostromo!
Random is best. Now I just need to “RTFM” 🤦‍♂️to understand how to fine tune the knobs. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

16161d

13 Jun 2019

Fritz has 2 modulation sections which contain over 198 different LFO waveforms for you to route not only to just about every parameter on Fritz, but on the back of Fritz there are two CV outputs for each LFO source labelled Left and Right which will allow you to route those LFO's to control other device parameters.

BRIGGS

13 Jun 2019

16161d wrote:
13 Jun 2019
Fritz has 2 modulation sections which contain over 198 different LFO waveforms for you to route not only to just about every parameter on Fritz, but on the back of Fritz there are two CV outputs for each LFO source labelled Left and Right which will allow you to route those LFO's to control other device parameters.
:idea:

Yes, precisely...the best tip is using fritz with other devices. Thank you Reason rack! :puf_smile:
r11s

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2019

Really wish Navi Retlav would re-release that free Fritz Refill he made. I missed it first time around.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

13 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
13 Jun 2019
Really wish Navi Retlav would re-release that free Fritz Refill he made. I missed it first time around.
Oh man, I missed that, too. Navi puts out top-quality patches. I would love to get my hands on that. Hopefully he will gift it again someday.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2019

challism wrote:
13 Jun 2019
MrFigg wrote:
13 Jun 2019
Oh man, I missed that, too. Navi puts out top-quality patches. I would love to get my hands on that. Hopefully he will gift it again someday.
I wrote a couple of months ago and he replied that he may include it with some free sample refill someday but he didn't currently have any plans.
If you're reading this Navi then...your people need you :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moneykube

13 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
13 Jun 2019
challism wrote:
13 Jun 2019

I wrote a couple of months ago and he replied that he may include it with some free sample refill someday but he didn't currently have any plans.
yes please
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2019

moneykube wrote:
13 Jun 2019
MrFigg wrote:
13 Jun 2019

yes please
Don’t you know him man? Please ask him to do what is right and good. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moneykube

13 Jun 2019

[/quote]
[/quote]
bought lots of his stuff... but do not know him personally lol :exclamation: :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2019

moneykube wrote:
13 Jun 2019
[/quote]
bought lots of his stuff... but do not know him personally lol :exclamation: :lol:
[/quote]

Well there you go :). You’re already half way there :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

13 Jun 2019

hi its me ur favorite customer

challism

14 Jun 2019

Thread to the Navi Fritz patches..... file can't be found.... so dont get too excited. But perhaps that is a good thread to ask/beg him for a re-upload.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7496808

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Jun 2019

challism wrote:
14 Jun 2019
Thread to the Navi Fritz patches..... file can't be found.... so dont get too excited. But perhaps that is a good thread to ask/beg him for a re-upload.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7496808
That thread is the only reason I knew the Refill even existed. So I wrote to him and asked and he basically said it's not available any more but maybe sometime in the future. :(
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Jun 2019

Right, I’ve written to Navi again and told him the ReasonTalk community would gratefully welcome a re-release. I’m hoping he’ll listen to our pleas and oblige :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fullforce

14 Jun 2019

Fritz made me dig up DirectRE.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Jun 2019

fullforce wrote:
14 Jun 2019
...and what did you do with them? :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fullforce

15 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
14 Jun 2019
fullforce wrote:
14 Jun 2019
Same audiotrack through 3 different effects (Fritz being one of them) and use DirectRE to change it on the fly and on count.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2019

fullforce wrote:
15 Jun 2019
MrFigg wrote:
14 Jun 2019

Same audiotrack through 3 different effects (Fritz being one of them) and use DirectRE to change it on the fly and on count.
I bought DirectRE the day it came out. It’s a nice one. Pretty forgotten these days I’m guessing. I was using BuffRE on some echo guitar solos yesterday.
By the way. Guitar through Nostromo then into Fritz. Woooow!!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information