Another sequencer on the way (from Panda)...

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
BRIGGS

11 Jun 2019

rcbuse wrote:
11 Jun 2019
rcbuse wrote:
10 Jun 2019
Interesting ideas about pitch and velocity on the ratchets.. Never considering doing that, going to have to play around with it, yea.

BreakTweaker looks insane!
Oh yea.. thats it.

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 1.00.04 AM.png
If every note also had it's own vibrato, it would be closer to a human playing it. Like lead guitar.
r11s

Sterioevo

11 Jun 2019

rcbuse wrote:
11 Jun 2019
rcbuse wrote:
10 Jun 2019
Interesting ideas about pitch and velocity on the ratchets.. Never considering doing that, going to have to play around with it, yea.

BreakTweaker looks insane!
Oh yea.. thats it.

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 1.00.04 AM.png
Made my day!

miscend

11 Jun 2019

Is there any chance of adding Elektron style parameter locks to a sequencer device?

rcbuse
RE Developer

11 Jun 2019

miscend wrote:
11 Jun 2019
Is there any chance of adding Elektron style parameter locks to a sequencer device?
That could be done, but it would need to be a sequencer + sound generator combo like Redrum. If they are not tied together, all you really are talking about is a CV curve output.

scratchnsnifff

11 Jun 2019

rcbuse wrote:
11 Jun 2019
miscend wrote:
11 Jun 2019
That could be done, but it would need to be a sequencer + sound generator combo like Redrum. If they are not tied together, all you really are talking about is a CV curve output.
If you are doing stuff for propellerhead, how on earth are you able to also still put out your own stuff.

I’d love to see another synth, but based around warp modes and custom warp curves like in serum.

No matter what stuff you work on I’m sure it will be stellar :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

scratchnsnifff

11 Jun 2019

rcbuse wrote:
11 Jun 2019
miscend wrote:
11 Jun 2019
If you are doing stuff for propellerhead, how on earth are you able to also still put out your own stuff.

I’d love to see another synth, but based around warp modes and custom warp curves like in serum.

No matter what stuff you work on I’m sure it will be stellar :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Sterioevo

11 Jun 2019

rcbuse wrote:
11 Jun 2019
miscend wrote:
11 Jun 2019
miscend wrote:
11 Jun 2019

In some respects there are elements of the elektron approach available in players already, though not integrated to the extent in the hardware. Such as note and parameter controls (cv), step recording, conditionals, lane lengths and resolutions, note time shifting, variety of trig types, etc. Although even the matrix doesn't come close in terms of the number of patterns available.

The hardware really shines in terms of the "hands on" methods available to input parameter locks, such as holding a step and tweaking knobs to set locks or live recording. This is enhanced by the way you access multiple pages and the 6 or 8 parameter knobs on the fly for parameter input. The fact that some of these parameters are envelopes and lfo's adds another layer of complexity in terms of output. If the concept for data entry could be replicated using a generic approach that any controller could be easily setup to control there would be significant workflow enhancements - pads or keys to select the step (or live recording), 4-6 buttons to select the page and 6-8 knobs for the parameters. I think the elektron limit is 64 parameter locks per track per pattern.

I see the point regarding being an integrated instrument device to be able to access the necessary parameters. The only other way I guess would be to send midi out and back in via EMI and remote. Or have a limit of say 16 parameters, which would still be very useful imo.

• Information