Unpopular opinion: "Players" are the worst feature of Reason

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
guitfnky

11 Jul 2019

BS. if you make music, you’re a musician. you don’t have to be some sort of professional to be considered a “real” musician.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2019

guitfnky wrote:
11 Jul 2019
BS. if you make music, you’re a musician. you don’t have to be some sort of professional to be considered a “real” musician.
Haha. Punk’s not dead :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reddust

11 Jul 2019

guitfnky wrote:
11 Jul 2019
Haha totally agree, there are people with less technical and/ or theoretical knowledge doing more interesting music than others who may know a lot about theory and technique but aren't able to make something special out of it. Not saying this is always the case, because obviously it's not, but it does happen more often than some people may think.

guitfnky

11 Jul 2019

MrFigg wrote:
11 Jul 2019
guitfnky wrote:
11 Jul 2019
I should hope not! 😆

guitfnky

11 Jul 2019

reddust wrote:
11 Jul 2019
guitfnky wrote:
11 Jul 2019
Haha totally agree, there are people with less technical and/ or theoretical knowledge doing more interesting music than others who may know a lot about theory and technique but aren't able to make something special out of it. Not saying this is always the case, because obviously it's not, but it does happen more often than some people may think.
for sure. totally possible to make awesome music without any technical/theoretical knowledge. music is, after all, about sounds and our opinions of them. you don’t have to know anything technical to make sounds, and we all know what they say about opinions... 😂

diminished
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2019

Musicmaking is way more democratized these days than it ever was and that's a beautiful thing. Neither education nor money can keep people from doing what they love and sharing it with the world. There always have been and there always will be elitists, reactionaries and people who, in order to make themselves feel better, pefer to spit down on others and devalue their accomplishments rather than sharing their journeys.
Fuck those people.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2019

diminished wrote:
11 Jul 2019
Musicmaking is way more democratized these days than it ever was and that's a beautiful thing. Neither education nor money can keep people from doing what they love and sharing it with the world. There always have been and there always will be elitists, reactionaries and people who, in order to make themselves feel better, pefer to spit down on others and devalue their accomplishments rather than sharing their journeys.
Fuck those people.
Fuck yeah!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

11 Jul 2019

diminished wrote:
11 Jul 2019
Fuck those people.
well-said! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Magnus

11 Jul 2019

diminished wrote:
11 Jul 2019
Fuck those people.
This is why I admire Apple's approach with Garageband and Logic. They're not being elitists by offering Logic, they're just acknowledging that some people like deeper more technical tools and need more complexity to get their work done to the standard they need.

The original point of this debate was that the Players could have been executed in a way that is more Logic and less Garageband...if that makes sense. Instead it feels like they're too simplified and broad in their approach...

boingy

11 Jul 2019

MrFigg wrote:
11 Jul 2019
To quote Mr Carter: "Even on my own, I am the juggernaut"

scratchnsnifff

12 Jul 2019

guitfnky wrote:
11 Jul 2019
reddust wrote:
11 Jul 2019

for sure. totally possible to make awesome music without any technical/theoretical knowledge. music is, after all, about sounds and our opinions of them. you don’t have to know anything technical to make sounds, and we all know what they say about opinions... 😂
Gene Simmons went on opie and Anthony a long while back, and he talked about the construct of rules with music (a short little tid bit of the two hour conversation)

He talked about how they just picked up instruments and winged it. Lol he said something like why should we have rules in music and they are there to be broken

Then he o&a mentioned his hypocrisy by calling him out for litigation against unofficial cover bands that try to throw in extra riffs on old kiss songs 😂
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

kitekrazy

12 Jul 2019

guitfnky wrote:
11 Jul 2019
reddust wrote:
11 Jul 2019

I think we tend to get carried way with the production part while the listener doesn't care. I don't think anyone in my neighborhood wold say, "Wow the EQ is awesome. Which one is it?" We are often into fanboyism. Then companies capitalize on it with artist endorsements. Imagine if they came out with (insert your favorite producer) Reason Edition. It won't be $399.

diminished
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2019

kitekrazy wrote:
12 Jul 2019
guitfnky wrote:
11 Jul 2019

I think we tend to get carried way with the production part while the listener doesn't care. I don't think anyone in my neighborhood wold say, "Wow the EQ is awesome. Which one is it?" We are often into fanboyism. Then companies capitalize on it with artist endorsements. Imagine if they came out with (insert your favorite producer) Reason Edition. It won't be $399.
Side note: I'd pay serious coin for a Peter Gabriel Reason Edition with all his samples, effects and SSL presets.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Auryn

13 Jul 2019

Man, has this thread really gone on for 5 pages without anyone calling the OP a playerhater or telling him "don't hate the player, hate the game"? Such missed opportunities! :puf_bigsmile:
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

djadalaide

13 Jul 2019

Playa playa playa, playa, bytch!

chaosroyale

14 Jul 2019

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

This is what I wanted.
Auryn wrote:
13 Jul 2019
Man, has this thread really gone on for 5 pages without anyone calling the OP a playerhater or telling him "don't hate the player, hate the game"? Such missed opportunities! :puf_bigsmile:

• Information