Propellerheads PolyStep Sequencer

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5546
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 05 Jun 2019

丰2ॐ

User avatar
moalla
Posts: 69
Joined: 20 Oct 2017

Post 05 Jun 2019

Nice, but a bit expensive for a pure midi device : :?
there is no right life in the wrong one [T.W. Adorno]
MAKE REALITY GREAT AGAIN

Läpptop mit zuviele Plugins :)

User avatar
max|waves
Posts: 18
Joined: 07 Sep 2015

Post 05 Jun 2019

Yes, very powerful tool...
And now the question is: Sequences by Robotic Bean, same price, less features... does make sense?

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 1769
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 05 Jun 2019

Must be fake :P

Panda at it again. And in my eyes and for my workflow, it's way more useful than QNG.

That Transpose function via MIDI is lovely. Can you change the scale type with MIDI too? Pretty please.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

User avatar
Enlightenspeed
RE Developer
Posts: 527
Joined: 03 Jan 2019

Post 05 Jun 2019

I'm already in love with this thing, and it's going to make some of the more esoteric ideas for Tips'N'Tricks videos sooooo much easier to do. This is an instabuy for me, and anyone using the Enlightenspeed plugins should give it serious consideration. :)

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 8011
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 05 Jun 2019

Wow...that is such a surprising release :-D

Nevertheless, it looks very nice. I like the CV output. the variations can be interesting, i think. Apr and strumming...cool.

Panda is working at PH now. That explains why he doesnt release new stuff :-P

Gonna trial it at some point (currently just too busy with other stuff). Just from the pic i would like to see a Arp or Strum edit area in the sequencer View.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 1769
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 05 Jun 2019

moalla wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Nice, but a bit expensive for a pure midi device : :?
I wish there was a reward system where you'd get points for buying stuff in the shop, which you could then buy new devices with people actually want. Hm.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Ermitage
Posts: 78
Joined: 21 Apr 2018

Post 05 Jun 2019

moalla wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Nice, but a bit expensive for a pure midi device : :?
How it goes:

1. Release RE at inflated price
2. Offer 30-50% discount a few months later.
3. When new version of Reason arrives, either include the RE with it or as part of an upgrade promotion later on.

It's effectively an intro-price, except you fork over more money instead of less.

User avatar
tiker01
Moderator
Posts: 1307
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 05 Jun 2019

diminished wrote:
05 Jun 2019
moalla wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Nice, but a bit expensive for a pure midi device : :?
I wish there was a reward system where you'd get points for buying stuff in the shop, which you could then buy new devices with people actually want. Hm.

There is, but a bit hidden and limited.
    
Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

User avatar
QVprod
Moderator
Posts: 2545
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 05 Jun 2019

Frank is back!
Ermitage wrote:
05 Jun 2019
3. When new version of Reason arrives, either include the RE with it or as part of an upgrade promotion later on.
I feel like I keep correcting this. Every RE that has been bundled with a Reason upgrade (except Radical Piano as a special case) was already offered for free for current users upon release. That includes Pulsar, Synchronous, Audiomatic, and the Softube amps. Following that pattern, Drum Sequencer just might be added since that was offered free in the future as well. No other paid release has ever been included except as promotions for new users buying the full version (not upgrade).

User avatar
Jackjackdaw
Posts: 705
Joined: 12 Jan 2019

Post 05 Jun 2019

Black Friday this will be 50% off. Props take us for mugs when we pay full whack for their Re.s

scratchnsnifff
Posts: 1423
Joined: 21 Sep 2016

Post 05 Jun 2019

Having ableton is such a double edged Sword. I love the advanced features that Reason lacks. But seeing these new devices makes it hard learning a new DAW. Congrats on the new amazing player!

Props have been killing it, this makes me think of a neat sequencer feature. What if the concept of scales and chords was inside of Reasons main sequencer. That would be awesome, instant recall of chords that would appear in a transparent manor.

I’ll have to give this player a trial, hopefully it pops up in the rewards :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Ermitage
Posts: 78
Joined: 21 Apr 2018

Post 05 Jun 2019

QVprod wrote:
05 Jun 2019
I feel like I keep correcting this. Every RE that has been bundled with a Reason upgrade (except Radical Piano as a special case) was already offered for free for current users upon release. That includes Pulsar, Synchronous, Audiomatic, and the Softube amps. Following that pattern, Drum Sequencer just might be added since that was offered free in the future as well. No other paid release has ever been included except as promotions for new users buying the full version (not upgrade).
Except there's no precedent for this as all of those are either Audio effects/instruments/utilities while this is a MIDI effect.

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 2109
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the New York

Post 05 Jun 2019

Frank I believe is the voiceover guy.
Vlad the thread stopper 🧂

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 1769
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 05 Jun 2019

Watched the video 4 times now just because I love listening to Frank so much lol.

Aw man the fact that you can just throw in some strums and randomness and arps in there is SO cool.

PLEASE PLEASE Panda and Props, add MIDI scale change. A-List style.
And let us change the scale on a "per variation basis". This is global, right?
Last edited by diminished on 05 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 2696
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 05 Jun 2019

QVprod wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Frank is back!
Ermitage wrote:
05 Jun 2019
3. When new version of Reason arrives, either include the RE with it or as part of an upgrade promotion later on.
I feel like I keep correcting this. Every RE that has been bundled with a Reason upgrade (except Radical Piano as a special case) was already offered for free for current users upon release. That includes Pulsar, Synchronous, Audiomatic, and the Softube amps. Following that pattern, Drum Sequencer just might be added since that was offered free in the future as well. No other paid release has ever been included except as promotions for new users buying the full version (not upgrade).
yep, and how long had Radical Piano been out before they included it in R10?

people act like they’re getting shafted for the silliest reasons. woe is me, the most downtrodden consumer of DAWs!

antic604

Post 05 Jun 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Black Friday this will be 50% off. Props take us for mugs when we pay full whack for their Re.s
This is so short sighted... I'd rather spend my 50% "extra" now and have fun with this device right away, than wait half a year to save EUR35...
Last edited by antic604 on 05 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 1719
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 05 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Panda is working at PH now.

That's really cool!

antic604

Post 05 Jun 2019

Jagwah wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Loque wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Panda is working at PH now.

That's really cool!
Well, we know he does stuff for them, but we don't know if he works FOR Propellerhead (as in "is an employee").

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1043
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 05 Jun 2019

8 clicks to draw 4 notes = matrix is still the king
R11 Suite

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 8011
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 05 Jun 2019

antic604 wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Jagwah wrote:
05 Jun 2019



That's really cool!
Well, we know he does stuff for them, but we don't know if he works FOR Propellerhead (as in "is an employee").
Just my impression. I don't have facts.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 884
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 05 Jun 2019

max|waves wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Yes, very powerful tool...
And now the question is: Sequences by Robotic Bean, same price, less features... does make sense?
Sequences has 32 step and is better looking, just my 2 cents.
Except the 4 variations, which I haven't full understood how it works from the intro vid.
which would translates to ..64 steps?

Mind better looking doesn't mean better workflow, to the end it''s always a user preference, PH is great at making difficult stuff look easy, which is good for creativity.
Last edited by Re8et on 05 Jun 2019, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 1940
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 05 Jun 2019

I wish RB Sequences would show up under "Similar products". Strange.

User avatar
reddust
Posts: 676
Joined: 07 May 2018

Post 05 Jun 2019

Ermitage wrote:
05 Jun 2019
How it goes:

1. Release RE at inflated price
2. Offer 30-50% discount a few months later.
3. When new version of Reason arrives, either include the RE with it or as part of an upgrade promotion later on.

It's effectively an intro-price, except you fork over more money instead of less.

I like the new device but I think I'm going to wait for point 3. Just bought Robot Bean Sequences.

And honestly, I don't really like seeing this device now and at this price, right after the may madness is gone and giving us two devices for free in 10.4 which features were actually well covered in Reason already.

User avatar
rcbuse
RE Developer
Posts: 910
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: SR388

Post 05 Jun 2019

antic604 wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Jagwah wrote:
05 Jun 2019



That's really cool!
Well, we know he does stuff for them, but we don't know if he works FOR Propellerhead (as in "is an employee").
Helping out with just the code.. like the QNG, the props did all the actual RE design, graphics, promotion, etc.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Italophile and 3 guests