Breaking Newsflash: Selig Leveler and DeEsser are brilliant

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
selig
RE Developer

06 Jun 2019

Boombastix wrote:
31 May 2019
selig wrote:
31 May 2019
I welcome any feedback/suggestions - but please be aware this won’t happen any time soon, as I am in the very early stages of planning at present. Sorry, but I don’t see any way to incorporate the displays you suggested, at least at first glance. :)
Add LUFS to the Gain?
Good suggestion, I will look into this! It will likely involve finding a way to add more buttons to the UI without increasing clutter (it's already pretty crowded as is - it may be time to consider doubling the size if/when adding new features, but as a utility I'd love to keep it as it is if at all possible).
Selig Audio, LLC

jzquantum

06 Jun 2019

selig wrote:
06 Jun 2019
jzquantum wrote:
31 May 2019
Selig,

Why don't you take these products to VST? Costs more to develop I suppose but you'd have a bigger customer base.
I've been hoping to do this for years, but our current dev team doesn't have the time or experience to do so, and to date I've been unable to find alternatives. So it's not for a lack of wanting to do so!
Maybe that will change in the future. I would think Apple would like your REs for Logic. Just seems like a good fit for them.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2019

In Gain, when you set the the auto fade. Is it possible to set so it only fades out, but won't do the fade in when you click on mute?
Eg working on a track and setting a final old school fade out of 30s, but then have to wait every time 30s for the fade in to finish until I can continue to work. So, maybe a future reset option if this cannot be done now?

With SDK switchable panels, could we have options for panning, like now, but also a width + single pan knob, like the knobs in the Reason mixer but still being "true" panning? Same function just alternative way to display your setting and switching back-n-forth does nothing but display it in two ways.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

selig
RE Developer

06 Jun 2019

Boombastix wrote:
06 Jun 2019
In Gain, when you set the the auto fade. Is it possible to set so it only fades out, but won't do the fade in when you click on mute?
Eg working on a track and setting a final old school fade out of 30s, but then have to wait every time 30s for the fade in to finish until I can continue to work. So, maybe a future reset option if this cannot be done now?

With SDK switchable panels, could we have options for panning, like now, but also a width + single pan knob, like the knobs in the Reason mixer but still being "true" panning? Same function just alternative way to display your setting and switching back-n-forth does nothing but display it in two ways.
That feature was "lifted" from the SSL console, and that's how it works in hardware. I'm so used to turning the time to the fastest to re-do a fade I may be a little biased…

Since this is something you'd automate, my suggestion as always been to make the initial fade rate very short, and automate the rate and mute at the same time. That way when you start your song from the top it will fade up immediately.

That being said, I'll definitely consider a mode (probably will need to be on the back) that fades back up quickly - remember even the fastest fade in/out time is non-zero to prevent "clicking" when muting.
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information