Murder Rhythm Cutter

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 May 2019

Anybody got anything to tell me about it? I’ve got beatchop, glitch, buffre and a whole load of Glitchmachines stuff. If you’ve got it or tried it or use it I’d appreciate any views. Preferably within the next 48 hours ha ha :):):). Thanks.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

29 May 2019

Why not trial it?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 May 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
29 May 2019
Why not trial it?
Weeeeell (and thanks for the suggestion ) but I already did ages ago and I didn’t make good use of my trial so...
Also, even if I hadn’t, I’m in the middle of a big forest for the next 3 days with no Reason access.
I did think of doing what you suggested but that unfortunately is not an option. :) thanks though.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

29 May 2019

haha, i know, I stated the obvious 🤭

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 May 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
29 May 2019
haha, i know, I stated the obvious 🤭
❤️🙃
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Reasonable man

29 May 2019

I got it and i put it in as an insert on select channels...sometimes random channels. I like it.
Is it in the same league as something like Buffre?....hell no.
I tend to use it for randomization of a pad sound or a snare or whatever..(depends on whats there). I put in mostly just draw in one repitch/repeat square or one reverse square at a slow rate and dont calulate the timming so you get this temporary reverse or repeat at some stage in your 16 bar loop that sounds quite random and organic.
On Drums if you mess around with the repitch/repeat you get the beatchop effect that is a feature of umpf club drums but more usfefull as umpf is awkward for effects if your splitting into seperate channels.
It took me a while to calculate how to time it though as the steps are steps per beat and have little to do with the step numbers on the grid and this took me a while to seperate the two concepts.
They're are plug ins from cable guys that are a more wokable soulution to these effects but at twice the price.

For me this device is great for throwing into an insert channel of an instrument, drawing in a square or two on the grid and at some stage ...automating it on and off again adding a little spice. There is a similar qlitch thingy from ochen k .. (which does the same thing) just depends which one you prefer i guess.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 May 2019

Glitch and Buffre are both totally magic. Ochen K’s stuff is some of my favourite ever.
I can’t get my head around Turn2on devices really. I want to like them and think in theory they’re great but of the ones I’ve tried I find the output to be pretty grimy if that’s the right word. I might of course be using them wrong but more often than not the majority of the sounds I get out are a mess. So I’m guessing I’ll stuck with Beatchop, Buffre and Glitch.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

29 May 2019

I am not fully warmed up with Murder, maybe its too much "just gate" imo. All the glitchy thing i have and i like, have pitch or frequency shift, some kind of modulation and distortion.

If you are looking for something interesting, try this one: https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... at-looper/
It is so freaking ugly imo, but it has some good patches and can hold a lot of variations of glitch settings, which can be pushed in with a press of midi key. It just lacks a bit of control, which note has which settings (like "slot is occpupied or not"). Just put it together with your instrument in a Combinator and have fun...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 May 2019

Yeah. I tried distillery and kind of liked it. But not enough to buy it. I think Sononics GSX is pretty cool too. Glitchmachines do the Glitch thing great though.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information