New "Note Limiter" Player by Tonicmint

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

antic604

28 May 2019

The real value of Player filtering out the notes outside of the key/scale is that it'll move the "false" notes to the correct key, like you can do in Scales & Chords.

I don't really see the point of this Player?

Also, the grey is plain wrong.

Undistraction

29 May 2019

I think this might be great. It looks like it allows you to map an arbitrary CV signal across a range of notes. Combined with some kind of pulse for triggering the gate, this seems like it might be a lot of fun. Every other similar device limits you to repeating the same scale across every octave, but this appears to be much more flexible.

[Edit] Looks like I was wrong. It's the same as all the others. You are limited to a single scale repeated up the whole roll. Doesn't look like you can edit notes individually. What a missed opportunity.

Vil
RE Developer

29 May 2019

Hi Guys,

Sorry about my silence, I planned more activity here, when my rack extensions released in the shop.
I'm a full time software developer for a company, and a big project just started, so I'm very busy in this days. (I'm creating rack extensions only in my free time.)

(and my English is not the best, (as you will see soon... :) ) so apologize for this also)

Some more devices are in the queue, and already approved by Propellerhead, I just need to create shop pages and videos. But, as I mentioned, I have not enough free time for this.

Perhaps the timing of the releases also not the best... i just want to go out with some devices in May.

Maybe the dark skins broke some untold conventions, but I hope, they make it softly.

I'm trying my best, I'm trying creating useful devices for you.
(And for myself. Because I'm a big fan of Propellerhead products since RB338. :) )

I hope, sooner or later everyone will find something useful from my rack extensions.

Undist, you are right, Note Limiter is only about filtering.... maybe one of my next... or after the next... but hush, this is still a secret... :) (PM me, if you would like to try)

So lets create music and fun (with or without dark skinned devices, doesn't matter :) )

Cheers,

Wobbleburger

29 May 2019

What does it do?
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

Undistraction

30 May 2019

Vil wrote:
29 May 2019
Hi Guys,

Sorry about my silence, I planned more activity here, when my rack extensions released in the shop.
I'm a full time software developer for a company, and a big project just started, so I'm very busy in this days. (I'm creating rack extensions only in my free time.)

(and my English is not the best, (as you will see soon... :) ) so apologize for this also)

Some more devices are in the queue, and already approved by Propellerhead, I just need to create shop pages and videos. But, as I mentioned, I have not enough free time for this.

Perhaps the timing of the releases also not the best... i just want to go out with some devices in May.

Maybe the dark skins broke some untold conventions, but I hope, they make it softly.

(And for myself. Because I'm a big fan of Propellerhead products since RB338. :) )

I hope, sooner or later everyone will find something useful from my rack extensions.

Undist, you are right, Note Limiter is only about filtering.... maybe one of my next... or after the next... but hush, this is still a secret... :) (PM me, if you would like to try)

So lets create music and fun (with or without dark skinned devices, doesn't matter :) )

Cheers,
FWIW I'd definitely pay for a similar device that allowed me to select notes across the role, then quantised an arbitrary CV signal to those notes.

Loque

30 May 2019

Undistraction wrote:
30 May 2019
Vil wrote:
29 May 2019
Hi Guys,

Cheers,
FWIW I'd definitely pay for a similar device that allowed me to select notes across the role, then quantised an arbitrary CV signal to those notes.
I suggested this to an other dev. Dunno why nobody did this, it's so easy to code...
Reason12, Win10

Undistraction

30 May 2019

@loque yeah. Seems like something that someone should have put together. I could imagine it offering a few different quantisation algorithms, and possibly some predefined scales to use as a starting point, but beyond that there is nothing at all complex needed.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2019

Rumour Control: very nice RE coming soon from Tonicmint. Just saying :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Vil
RE Developer

07 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
03 Jun 2019
Are you talking about AB Transpose?
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... transpose/
I don't think so.... :)

But alarm the guys in the free RE topic....

...for the community, with love....

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jun 2019

Vil wrote:
07 Jun 2019
MrFigg wrote:
03 Jun 2019

If you think I’m talking about some other RE than Trasnpose then you would be correct.
Thankyou for the free RE by the way. Excellent.
Now bring in the big guns.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

antic604

07 Jun 2019

Vil wrote:
07 Jun 2019
MrFigg wrote:
03 Jun 2019

Why are you insisting on dark GUIs? Because of that I'm not gonna buy any of them, including this one:

Hell, I won't even download the free one. I mean I don't want to come across as racist, but Players should be white ;) :D

• Information