MIDI Note Monitor PLAYER from Tonicmint

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
antic604

23 May 2019

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... e-monitor/

Pretty simple device from a new developer, but what caught my attention is that it's ...grey? I thought all Players need to be white? Or is this a hint of upcoming dark theme extending to rack & mixer elements? ;)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 May 2019

Any idea what it’s actually useful for? I really can’t imagine.
I know how many notes I have in my chords and I know which notes I’ve used.
Is it so you can see how many times certain notes have been used so you can give them time off in the next song you make?
No disrespect intended. I just don’t understand it
Last edited by MrFigg on 23 May 2019, edited 2 times in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

buddard
RE Developer

23 May 2019

antic604 wrote:
23 May 2019
Pretty simple device from a new developer, but what caught my attention is that it's ...grey? I thought all Players need to be white? Or is this a hint of upcoming dark theme extending to rack & mixer elements? ;)
No, there's no such restriction, we can basically design our devices how we want. Players are no different from other RE types in that regard.
I think most of us have chosen the light color scheme to have it match the "player bar" at the top of the stack + most other players, at least that was our thinking behind it.

antic604

23 May 2019

buddard wrote:
23 May 2019
antic604 wrote:
23 May 2019
No, there's no such restriction, we can basically design our devices how we want. Players are no different from other RE types in that regard.
I think most of us have chosen the light color scheme to have it match the "player bar" at the top of the stack + most other players, at least that was our thinking behind it.
Oh, thanks! There should be a restriction though (this one looks REALLY out of place) and I'm happy every other Player follows the unwritten rule :)

Loque

23 May 2019

I like that it shows the intensity (Velocity) of the played notes. Wondering that this was not done by other devs already. Now add some fade-out, to keep track of fast played notes, and i gonna buy it.
Reason12, Win10

dioxide

23 May 2019

I think I will be picking this up also. I started out as a keyboard player and I like to know which notes and octave things are being played in. Sometimes its's tricky to know what's going on when you go back to an old song.

I think I prefer Players to be in a white colour scheme also, but the GUI on this is really nice. Good work!

PhillipOrdonez

23 May 2019

Loque wrote:
23 May 2019
I like that it shows the intensity (Velocity) of the played notes. Wondering that this was not done by other devs already. Now add some fade-out, to keep track of fast played notes, and i gonna buy it.
They have a static mode which keeps all played notes lit up.

I like this device!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 May 2019

Sorry to ask again...but can one of you folks who're going to buy this tell me what it is that is useful with it?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

23 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
23 May 2019
Sorry to ask again...but can one of you folks who're going to buy this tell me what it is that is useful with it?
I would use this if i generate notes and to see the note spreading over the keyboard or specific notes, i do not want i try to filter them out. And for simplicity, its just flashing to watch :-D
Reason12, Win10

EpiGenetik

23 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
23 May 2019
It has a useful diagnostic capability too, in that it can tell you what the maximum polyphony required for a MIDI file is :) Just play through the file with the player in place and it'll count up the maximum number of voices that are present at any one time. So if you then have a MIDI file that you know needs 12 voices of polyphony, then you know the required output synth will require at least this, i.e. an 8-voicer won't cut it.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 May 2019

Thanks. Understand :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 May 2019

Loque wrote:
23 May 2019

I would use this if i generate notes and to see the note spreading over the keyboard or specific notes, i do not want i try to filter them out. And for simplicity, its just flashing to watch :-D
Aaah. I’ve already got this one.
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... t-premier/
:)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

friday

23 May 2019

There is still a similar Player from Selig with aditional features. Like transposing....
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... -noteview/

• Information