The Maddest thing about May Madness is that it still costs $39 to upgrade Parsec to version 2 from version 1

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Prints

23 May 2019

MEGA LAME :thumbs_down:

antic604

23 May 2019

I'd pay up to $19 to "degrade" the GUI of Parsec 2 to the one of Parsec 1 :) :P

dvdrtldg

23 May 2019

Prints wrote:
23 May 2019
Are you the guy who's been on a one-man jihad against the Parsec upgrade price for like a year?

Jesus f christ dude it's $39, just pay your money and enjoy your synth

Prints

23 May 2019

Anytime I get an email about some “amazing” Parsec sale, I check the price for upgrading from the version I already paid $100 for, and it always infuriates me.

MannequinRaces

23 May 2019

antic604 wrote:
23 May 2019
I like the GUI of P1 better as well. It is ridiculous the upgrade never goes on sale. When the Synthetic Rig went on sale for $129 I snatched it up. A benefit was that the Parsec upgrade was included.

Loque

23 May 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
23 May 2019
antic604 wrote:
23 May 2019
I like the GUI of P1 better as well. It is ridiculous the upgrade never goes on sale. When the Synthetic Rig went on sale for $129 I snatched it up. A benefit was that the Parsec upgrade was included.
The update was once on sale. Seem to be a bit problematic or just not in PHs focus...
Reason12, Win10

antic604

23 May 2019

Loque wrote:
23 May 2019
MannequinRaces wrote:
23 May 2019

The update was once on sale. Seem to be a bit problematic or just not in PHs focus...
Anyone actually contacted them asking for it? Because last Friday I asked why Radical Kays isn't discounted during MM, I was told it was an oversight and it was fixed Monday morning. Maybe it's an oversight too?

Biolumin3sc3nt

23 May 2019

dvdrtldg wrote:
23 May 2019
Prints wrote:
23 May 2019
Are you the guy who's been on a one-man jihad against the Parsec upgrade price for like a year?

Naw it's a 2 man circle jerk at the moment lol --- I'm a part of the wtf team too $19 bones should be it

challism

23 May 2019

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
23 May 2019
dvdrtldg wrote:
23 May 2019

Naw it's a 2 man circle jerk at the moment lol --- I'm a part of the wtf team too $19 bones should be it
I'll join your 2 man movement. Now it's a triangle jerk.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Prints

23 May 2019

antic604 wrote:
23 May 2019
Loque wrote:
23 May 2019

Anyone actually contacted them asking for it? Because last Friday I asked why Radical Kays isn't discounted during MM, I was told it was an oversight and it was fixed Monday morning. Maybe it's an oversight too?
Yes. They said thanks for the suggestion.

dvdrtldg

23 May 2019

challism wrote:
23 May 2019
Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
23 May 2019

I'll join your 2 man movement. Now it's a triangle jerk.
I bow to your superior firepower, gentlemen

Seriously though, if you're willing to pay $19, then really you've got a situation where you'd only be $20 out of pocket if you just went ahead and upgraded anyway. Seems a bit weird to stand on principle for the sake of twenty bucks when you could have a fucking awesome synth (leaving aside the updated GUI which I agree is a bit disappointing)

Zac

23 May 2019

Count me in for infuriated too. I paid full price for the original and another 35 makes it 150+. No, enough. Not when it's so cheap now on sale. I would love to get 2 but i fear i shall forever be 1.

MannequinRaces

24 May 2019

I know it was a substantial update but it should have been free to all previous owners. They probably could have moved a lot more units when they had momentum when the update was released. Now that it’s been out awhile people are more inclined to spend that $39 on something else. If they make it free it will only anger everybody that already paid for the upgrade. As far as business decisions go I think this was a bad one. But hey, I’m no bean counter! :)

challism

24 May 2019

I'm just going to get Parsec 2 with the rig bundle upgrade. I'm holding off on getting the upgrade now, though I want to see what else is added to the bundle in V5. Rig4 doesn't yet have enough stuff in it for me to upgrade.

MannequinRaces

24 May 2019

challism wrote:
24 May 2019
I'm just going to get Parsec 2 with the rig bundle upgrade. I'm holding off on getting the upgrade now, though I want to see what else is added to the bundle in V5. Rig4 doesn't yet have enough stuff in it for me to upgrade.
How often do these get updated? I honestly never paid much attention to the Rigs until they started to get heavily discounted. Fantastic value for the money. R4 had enough that I didn't have that made it very worthwhile. I think I might be all synthed out for quite some time, lol.

Zerosity

24 May 2019

Pat of the Parsec 1 crew waiting on different upgrade price.

antic604

24 May 2019

If you'd put aside 1EUR every month you've been waiting for cheaper upgrade, you'd almost be able to afford it by the end of 2019 :D

Or you could've been writing mad music with it 3 years ago already :P

challism

27 May 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
24 May 2019
challism wrote:
24 May 2019
How often do these get updated? I honestly never paid much attention to the Rigs until they started to get heavily discounted. Fantastic value for the money. R4 had enough that I didn't have that made it very worthwhile. I think I might be all synthed out for quite some time, lol.
I'm not sure. I can't remember when the Rig bundles first started. Seems like it was just a few years ago (2 or 3?) and we are on version 4 now. So what does that work out to be, an updated rig bundle every 9-12 months or something?

Zac

27 May 2019

Zac wrote:
23 May 2019
Count me in for infuriated too. I paid full price for the original and another 35 makes it 150+. No, enough. Not when it's so cheap now on sale. I would love to get 2 but i fear i shall forever be 1.
Still quite unhappy honey. We can't all be updating our fRIGs every time and it seems a bit of a con to see that as a valuable Parsec update route. 35 will always be an insult.

• Information