PROPS EMAIL; CONFUSED? Can anyone point me to any 80% off top-selling synths...

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 May 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
24 May 2019
MrFigg wrote:
24 May 2019
Not decrying anyone here but I personally think saying “up to 80% off” isn’t a selling tactic. Sure it’s a “haha made you look!” tactic but I’m guessing that people would have looked anyway, even if the mail had just said “SALE!”
Let's pull no punches here oh think we shouldn't upset Propellerhead!
It's 100% false advertisement! End of!

I spent 20 minutes of my time looking for the / or any advertised 'TOP SELLING SYNTH' that was on sale for the ADVERTISED '80% off!

There is none!

Wrap it up how you like; that email was a con! :thumbs_down:
Ok. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EpiGenetik

24 May 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
24 May 2019
MrFigg wrote:
24 May 2019
Not decrying anyone here but I personally think saying “up to 80% off” isn’t a selling tactic. Sure it’s a “haha made you look!” tactic but I’m guessing that people would have looked anyway, even if the mail had just said “SALE!”

I spent 20 minutes of my time looking for the / or any advertised 'TOP SELLING SYNTH' that was on sale for the ADVERTISED '80% off!

There is none!

Hydronexius is 80% off. It is a top-selling synth, going by the number of people who claim to have it.

The advert is correct and you are not telling the truth. End of.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

24 May 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
24 May 2019

There is none!

Speaking as a developer, with an awareness of how the shop really works, there is no way for the Props to know before the campaign starts exactly what the maximum discounts will be because the developer has the ability to change something last minute regarding the pricing.

So it's perfectly feasible that some devs had bigger discounts planned and changed them after Propellerhead had designed all of their marketing material.

...and as someone else stated above there are well-known and presumably big selling synth devices going for 80% off so they did actually meet the criteria regardless.

boingy

24 May 2019

And with perfect timing I just had a Toontrack email that said "67% off" so I clicked on the link and it took me to a page that said "64% off". hehe

Lokey

24 May 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
22 May 2019
Just received the Props email:
upto 80 percent off.png

Yes I know it states up to 80% off and this could mean something is only 1% off. (But this 'AD' should also mean at least one top selling synth is 80% off) Where are they :?:
But I just can't find any single synth that is currently at a sale price of 80% off.

Just a pity in this 'AD' none of the mentioned Expanse, Parsec, or ABL3 are currently 80% off :roll:

It s called Lowball
fl mobile

BananaSkins

24 May 2019

Lokey wrote:
24 May 2019
BananaSkins wrote:
22 May 2019
Just received the Props email:
upto 80 percent off.png

Yes I know it states up to 80% off and this could mean something is only 1% off. (But this 'AD' should also mean at least one top selling synth is 80% off) Where are they :?:
But I just can't find any single synth that is currently at a sale price of 80% off.

Just a pity in this 'AD' none of the mentioned Expanse, Parsec, or ABL3 are currently 80% off :roll:

It s called Lowball
Where I come from they call it A Load Of Pish! :puf_bigsmile:

Lokey

24 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
24 May 2019

Speaking as a developer, with an awareness of how the shop really works, there is no way for the Props to know before the campaign starts exactly what the maximum discounts will be because the developer has the ability to change something last minute regarding the pricing.

So it's perfectly feasible that some devs had bigger discounts planned and changed them after Propellerhead had designed all of their marketing material.

...and as someone else stated above there are well-known and presumably big selling synth devices going for 80% off so they did actually meet the criteria regardless.
Then DNA labs should have been higlighted for Aquios and Hydro efforts, if they only justify a 80% price tag as an main offer
fl mobile

Lokey

24 May 2019

*I bought DnA aquios and Hydronexius for 19% and they are pretty good at some fancy dicky parallels of nexius
one month ago they were already in sale
and than blabla some ppl hooked on the real discounted price tag to hint reasoin is able to provide 80% discount
BUT RIGS 4 are an okey offer i wont lie on this
fl mobile

BananaSkins

24 May 2019

No synth popped up at 80% off after a thorough search on the same day I received the email.
Maybe this post has worked the trick! :thumbs_up:

diminished
Competition Winner

24 May 2019

Look people, the fact that we're even having this discussion speaks volumes IMHO. Call it misdirection, false advertisement, shady or legal business practice - it's not what I expect from a company, especially not from one I hold in high regards.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MannequinRaces

24 May 2019

You guys will complain about anything on here, lol.

Zerosity

25 May 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
24 May 2019
You guys will complain about anything on here, lol.
No we won't!

:lol: :P :P

seqoi

26 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
24 May 2019

Developer here. Not RE developer but i build e-commerce solutions. From the technical standpoint this can be done in 10 000++ different ways. There is a zero chance that they can't do this. After all Props own shop and rule it.

So you speak from the perspective of what they told you or you didn't do e-commerce rigorously.

There is 100% a way Props can know EXACTLY what the maximum discounts are. Just an example. They can contact all of their developers and ask them who want to join sale (they actually do that as you know). They can ask them to join this May Madness sale under SPECIFIC conditions until sale is ended. One specific condition for a developer which joined sale can be " what amount of discount you want to give to your customers". Then developer need to fill that in. Props can contract that discount value to be valid until sale is ended (let it be 80% for this example). Developer can choose whether she/he want to adapt to these rules or don't.

End of story.

This email/banner to me is pure con. There should be at least one 80% top selling synth. Otherwise it IS a con. Hydronexus is certainly not a top selling synth.

It's really unfair banner.

And it's not like there aren't good deals. There really are. It's just bitter taste for a customer imho. Someone said it and it really is like that. Like you are and idiot. They send you banner which say 80% off on top selling synths. Then you go to their shop and search for 20 minutes to find - zero.

Like what?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 May 2019

RDK with discount code €19 instead of €99. There’s your 80% discount. You’ve just got to look a bit harder 😂
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

26 May 2019

seqoi wrote:
26 May 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
24 May 2019

Developer here. Not RE developer but i build e-commerce solutions. From the technical standpoint this can be done in 10 000++ different ways. There is a zero chance that they can't do this. After all Props own shop and rule it.

So you speak from the perspective of what they told you or you didn't do e-commerce rigorously.

There is 100% a way Props can know EXACTLY what the maximum discounts are. Just an example. They can contact all of their developers and ask them who want to join sale (they actually do that as you know). They can ask them to join this May Madness sale under SPECIFIC conditions until sale is ended. One specific condition for a developer which joined sale can be " what amount of discount you want to give to your customers". Then developer need to fill that in. Props can contract that discount value to be valid until sale is ended (let it be 80% for this example). Developer can choose whether she/he want to adapt to these rules or don't.

End of story.

This email/banner to me is pure con. There should be at least one 80% top selling synth. Otherwise it IS a con. Hydronexus is certainly not a top selling synth.

It's really unfair banner.

And it's not like there aren't good deals. There really are. It's just bitter taste for a customer imho. Someone said it and it really is like that. Like you are and idiot. They send you banner which say 80% off on top selling synths. Then you go to their shop and search for 20 minutes to find - zero.

Like what?
There are many false assertions here about the nature of the PropShop.

If you care to register for the SDK then I can discuss it further, otherwise I’m not sure how much I can say about it.
Last edited by Enlightenspeed on 26 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.

EpiGenetik

26 May 2019

seqoi wrote:
26 May 2019

Developer here. Not RE developer....

End of story.
Fixed that for you 😂😂😂

BananaSkins

28 May 2019

Thanks to all that have positively contributed to my post :thumbs_up:

Just to bring my post to a closure:

No synth popped up at 80% off after a thorough search on the same day I received the email containing the 80% off banner.

Even if Aquios X4 Workstation ROM & Hydronexius Workstation ROM were advertised on this day; I can concur as a musician currently trialing both of them; even though they seem decent enough to use and would appeal to some Reason users at their current price of £17.
I would not put them in the same brackets as 'Top Selling Synths' such as Expanse, Parsec etc.

EpiGenetik wrote:
24 May 2019
BananaSkins wrote:
24 May 2019

There is none!

Hydronexius is 80% off. It is a top-selling synth, going by the number of people who claim to have it.

The advert is correct and you are not telling the truth. End of.
Not very professional; an RE Developer accusing a Reason user / potential customer of lying on a forum. :thumbs_down:

EpiGenetik

28 May 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
28 May 2019
...accusing a Reason user / potential customer of lying on a forum. :thumbs_down:
I didn't accuse you of lying. I informed you, correctly, that you weren't telling the truth. There is a difference.

reddust

28 May 2019

seqoi wrote:
26 May 2019
There is 100% a way Props can know EXACTLY what the maximum discounts are. Just an example. They can contact all of their developers and ask them who want to join sale (they actually do that as you know).
And that's the reason why I am not buying the Noise Engineering REs anymore

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

28 May 2019

reddust wrote:
28 May 2019
seqoi wrote:
26 May 2019
There is 100% a way Props can know EXACTLY what the maximum discounts are. Just an example. They can contact all of their developers and ask them who want to join sale (they actually do that as you know).
In the interests of fairness, I don't remember seeing that email this year, so Noise Engineering could genuinely not be aware of it. I didn't think it was happening this year until I saw the shop announce it. It has been quite a low key affair from the Props this time around.

reddust

28 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
28 May 2019
reddust wrote:
28 May 2019

In the interests of fairness, I don't remember seeing that email this year, so Noise Engineering could genuinely not be aware of it. I didn't think it was happening this year until I saw the shop announce it. It has been quite a low key affair from the Props this time around.
Thanks, that's good to know. I do like the NE rack extensions but not as much as to pay the full price they usually have, so I guess I'll wait for the next sale and see if their price get reduced as well :thumbs_up:

• Information