PROPS EMAIL; CONFUSED? Can anyone point me to any 80% off top-selling synths...

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
BananaSkins

22 May 2019

Just received the Props email:
upto 80 percent off.png

Yes I know it states up to 80% off and this could mean something is only 1% off. (But this 'AD' should also mean at least one top selling synth is 80% off) Where are they :?:
But I just can't find any single synth that is currently at a sale price of 80% off.

Just a pity in this 'AD' none of the mentioned Expanse, Parsec, or ABL3 are currently 80% off :roll:
Attachments
upto 80 percent off.png
upto 80 percent off.png (168.15 KiB) Viewed 1771 times

challism

22 May 2019

Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

diminished
Competition Winner

22 May 2019

I don't know if you can count the Rigs. The bundles aren't discounted, it's their regular price isn't it?
It's misleading bullshit. And not by accident.
The Email specifically states synths, the banner on their site is less specific.
I've searched for those deals and the ONLY things that are 80% off are two(, maybe three) Refills which are as old as time:
Reggaeton by Salazar Brothers and
Pascal Gabriel's Melophonia or something
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

antic604

22 May 2019

Zvork's SH-1 and CB-1 are discounted from EUR/$9 to FREE so technically they're discounted infinitely.

I knew Props were lying!!! :x

;) :lol:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 May 2019

antic604 wrote:
22 May 2019
Zvork's SH-1 and CB-1 are discounted from EUR/$9 to FREE so technically they're discounted infinitely.

I knew Props were lying!!! :x

;) :lol:
Not to be an accountant but they’re discounted 100% 😉
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

BananaSkins

22 May 2019

Don't go off on a tangent Guys; I want to see the top selling synths that are 80% off as advertised...

I won't hold my breath... :thumbs_down:

retreed
Competition Winner

22 May 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
22 May 2019
Don't go off on a tangent Guys; I want to see the top selling synths that are 80% off as advertised...

I won't hold my breath... :thumbs_down:
"Up to X%" is one of the most used marketing phrases for promoting a sale where some items are more discounted than others. In no dictionary "up to" will be listed as synonym for "exactly the same as" or "equal".

To be correct from their side, this complete sale needs some stuff that is on sale for 80%. CHECK
And it needs synths on sale. CHECK

To answer your question: You will not find any synth that is discounted for exactly 80% (or higher). You will find devices that are discounted for 80% (or higher).

I hope you still find something you like in the shop or get a good groove with what you have. :thumbs_up:

boingy

22 May 2019

For me "Up to 80% off top selling synths" means that there should be at least one synth with 80% off and that that synth should be one that sells well. You can't count a bundle in that, even if it is 80% off.

Interestingly on the website right now the advert says "Over 500 Products. Up to 80% off.", which is definitely more truthful.

diminished
Competition Winner

22 May 2019

Exactly, the email states "Get up to 80% off top-selling synths". I guess there is Hydronexius as a loophole, but if you concur with that you have to call it a real synth for the rest of your lives.. (and it's also available for that price up to 80% of the time ;))
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 May 2019

diminished wrote:
22 May 2019
Exactly, the email states "Get up to 80% off top-selling synths". I guess there is Hydronexius as a loophole, but if you concur with that you have to call it a real synth for the rest of your lives.. (and it's also available for that price up to 80% of the time ;))
And should carry a warning label saying “This Rompler is totally crap. “
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Oquasec

22 May 2019

UP TO 80% OFF
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

challism

22 May 2019

This is the same wording Props have used for every sale since I can remember. And it seems like the discounted percentage went WAY up after they released the rig bundles. So that was their loophole for previous sales. I didn't realize the rigs weren't discounts this go around (kind of surprised by that), so that's why I originally said, see the rigs. But seeing that they are NOT discounted (ie, sale price), their discount from full retail shouldn't be mentioned as part of this sale.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Heater

23 May 2019

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 May 2019

Heater wrote:
23 May 2019
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... ation-rom/
£89 to £17 = 80%

The only one.
And probably (in my opinion) the worst RE ever if you don’t count Aquios.
They took first place in the crap RE hall of fame after the removed the Aeon synths from the shop (again...only my opinion).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Ermitage

23 May 2019

It's so patronizing. They're assuming that their customers are idiots.

Then again, at this point they probably are.

Aosta

23 May 2019

But do they mean up to 80% but not including 80% or up to and including 80%?
Tend the flame

motuscott

23 May 2019

Not to go all accountant on yer ass, but I would advise costly litigation...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

xylyx

24 May 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
22 May 2019

Yes I know it states up to 80% off and this could mean something is only 1% off. (But this 'AD' should also mean at least one top selling synth is 80% off) Where are they :?:
But I just can't find any single synth that is currently at a sale price of 80% off.
Yeah, I felt the same way when I got the email. I took a quick look for the 80% off synth and just presumed it would be one of the lower end synths where it had happened. Problem is, I lost interest pretty quickly and closed the page, so this sort of marketing deters rather than entices me to spend...

reddust

24 May 2019

I'm not a friend of these kind of selling tactics either, hope the props don't go further in that direction, be fair PHs, make the difference

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 May 2019

Not decrying anyone here but I personally think saying “up to 80% off” isn’t a selling tactic. Sure it’s a “haha made you look!” tactic but I’m guessing that people would have looked anyway, even if the mail had just said “SALE!”
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reddust

24 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
24 May 2019
...saying “up to 80% off” isn’t a selling tactic. Sure it’s a “haha made you look!” tactic...
Isn't that the same :)

I mean is not that bad, but I think using just some fairer information could be the most revolutionary selling tactic these days haha

xylyx

24 May 2019

Yeah, they just need to send an email informing us there is a sale - I personally don't find the shouty "80% off" or "buy one, get one free and we'll give you free t-shirt as well" type tactics that enticing but that could just be me :)

The most annoying sale email of all, and I had one recently, stated something like "get a free synth!", so I went to the page and it said "get a free synth...when you buy any of these plugins". Instant page close and unsubscribe from the email list :roll:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 May 2019

reddust wrote:
24 May 2019
MrFigg wrote:
24 May 2019
...saying “up to 80% off” isn’t a selling tactic. Sure it’s a “haha made you look!” tactic...

I mean is not that bad, but I think using just some fairer information could be the most revolutionary selling tactic these days haha
Nah. A selling tactic makes you buy something.
A “haha made you look tactic. “ just makes you look. :).
As I said most folk were psyched at the thought of May Madness and would probably have looked anyway. And even if there was something for 80% off it might have just been crap like Aeon or D*A L*BS 🤭
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reddust

24 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
24 May 2019
reddust wrote:
24 May 2019

Nah. A selling tactic makes you buy something.
A “haha made you look tactic. “ just makes you look. :).
As I said most folk were psyched at the thought of May Madness and would probably have looked anyway. And even if there was something for 80% off it might have just been crap like Aeon or D*A L*BS 🤭
Yeah, I think at the end people know what they're looking for and can decide if the real discount over the full price is worth the buy.

I was kind of hyped myself about the MayMadness sale but at the end I'm not buying anything because there is not a single sale on the products I'm interested in that I can really consider worth buying.

BananaSkins

24 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
24 May 2019
Not decrying anyone here but I personally think saying “up to 80% off” isn’t a selling tactic. Sure it’s a “haha made you look!” tactic but I’m guessing that people would have looked anyway, even if the mail had just said “SALE!”
Let's pull no punches here oh think we shouldn't upset Propellerhead!
It's 100% false advertisement! End of!

I spent 20 minutes of my time looking for the / or any advertised 'TOP SELLING SYNTH' that was on sale for the ADVERTISED '80% off!

There is none!

Wrap it up how you like; that email was a con! :thumbs_down:

• Information