Anybody use Zvork ST100?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 May 2019

Just that. Anybody got it or tried it or use it?
What do you make of it?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

eusti

21 May 2019

Kind of neat. But realized that I’m not a big player user. :p

D.

mjxl

21 May 2019

I've bought it, it does it's thing.

Lots of tweakability in the strumming etc
And 64 steps sequence.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

21 May 2019

The feature I like is that you can put in a long chord in the sequencer, say a Cm7 for 2 bars. Then you use the ST100 to trigger the synth several times with a Cm7 hit and each trigger can have its own unique strum setting.
It is neat for that, but in a backwards work flow kind of way.
A sequencer midi clip + ST100 can kinda do something like RB Sequences (but then not really :?), but you have to work inside the midi clip and the rack at the same time, so kinda wonky, but you get some good way to manage strumming and re-triggering.

Now, if you want to work in the rack 100% you combine ST100 and Sequences, set ST100 to 64 steps, and by muting and triggering at the right places you can in a way get 64 steps even though Sequences is only 32! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

To get chords into Sequences you obviously have Chordbank - maybe Players finally start to match a useful workflo' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

challism

22 May 2019

I have it. I bought it when it was new at the promo price. So I had it before they added the "play retrigger" button. That button made a big difference to me. Anyway, I like it, don't regret buying it for $19. It's on sale for $9 now? I would buy it. You can use it to come up with new ideas, patterns, variations and sequences. Sometimes I throw it on drums and come up with some pretty cool sounding stuff. I think it's definitely worth $9, but I dont use it as much as my other plays. My go to players are Kompulsion and Sequences.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

24 May 2019

Have a gander at this as an alternative :)

EpiGenetik

24 May 2019

One flaw that's quite noticeable with ST-100 is that it lacks an internal "play mode" so it will always be in ReTrig, unless the sequencer is active.

mashers

24 May 2019

I trialled it, but didn't find it very convincing as a virtual guitar. It might work better as a synth player, and it's interesting that the demos on the shop page are mostly of it playing synths. The Pangea demos sound really artificial to my ear. In my opinion the strummed synth sounds aren't particularly pleasant or useful, but I realise that's a matter of taste. If it's a virtual strumming guitar you're after, I'd spend a bit more and get the Ample Sound VSTs. I've got the Martin acoustic, the Eclipse electric and the Ray bass, and they all sound absolutely incredible.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
24 May 2019

Enlighten Speed: the Scottish Army Knives making all other Players redundant. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MarkTarlton

24 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
24 May 2019

that is fun to play with. can you record the mouse movements via automation somehow as you are switching the keys on chordbank like at the 3.21 second mark in your video? I came up with a fun pattern but am having some difficulty figuring it out.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 May 2019

Thanks for all the info and opinions and stuff. I’ll get on it. Thanks again.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

24 May 2019

MarkTarlton wrote:
24 May 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
24 May 2019

that is fun to play with. can you record the mouse movements via automation somehow as you are switching the keys on chordbank like at the 3.21 second mark in your video? I came up with a fun pattern but am having some difficulty figuring it out.
Two methods :)

One is to use the Chord Focus via Remote. Ideally done via a Combinator. Of course, you can just automate that specifically; remember you need to sort out a Sequencer Track first.

The best way though is to do it from a MIDI keyboard - in this particular scenario this becomes difficult, so you need to use Scale Chaining to get it done easily. There will be a video on this very soon, possibly tomorrow which will be an extension of this same theme as this is a good place to explain why it's so cool. :)

Cheers

MarkTarlton

24 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
24 May 2019
MarkTarlton wrote:
24 May 2019

Two methods :)

One is to use the Chord Focus via Remote. Ideally done via a Combinator. Of course, you can just automate that specifically; remember you need to sort out a Sequencer Track first.

The best way though is to do it from a MIDI keyboard - in this particular scenario this becomes difficult, so you need to use Scale Chaining to get it done easily. There will be a video on this very soon, possibly tomorrow which will be an extension of this same theme as this is a good place to explain why it's so cool. :)

Cheers
Thanks! I would suggest you make a new thread in the tutorial and tips forum, update the first post in the thread via editing it every time you add one of these great tutorials/tips. That way they are nicely organized in one place :)

looking forward to the next one!

• Information