can anyone explain Echobode to me?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
two shoes

19 May 2019

I'm a sucker for great Reverb and Delay effects and every time I get Echobode out I'm blown away again by how musically useful it is - it's almost impossible to get an uninteresting sound out of it and the range of stuff it's capable of is incredible. I've read the manual, but I've never been clear on why doing what it says it does produces the results it does - can anyone simplify what this thing is doing for me? the goal is to build Echobode inspired combinators that do variations of the same thing, then bolt on other stuff to take it further, but so far my experiments in that direction have been flops.

MannequinRaces

19 May 2019

It’s a delay with a frequency shifter in the feedback loop. All the controls interact with each other to create a wide range of effects. Check out the included combinators if you haven’t already. There are some great ones and you can learn a lot by dissecting them.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 May 2019

I'd look at the VST before you decide...I chose that one over the RE and it's great :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MannequinRaces

19 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
19 May 2019
I'd look at the VST before you decide...I chose that one over the RE and it's great :)
The OP already has the RE I think... did you even read the post?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 May 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
19 May 2019
MrFigg wrote:
19 May 2019
The OP already has the RE I think... did you even read the post?
Yes I did read the post...and I'm trying very hard not to read a tone into you asking that.
I thought he may be on a trial of the RE. Apparently not.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

19 May 2019

Hui...just noticed that the original devices are quite pricy and cost between 1000 and 3500 bucks.

For some experimentation you can also try this one: https://valhalladsp.com/shop/delay/valhalla-freq-echo/
The guy who wrote this plugin has published some source code parts with the math behind frequency shifting, so you can try to build your own with SocaLabs Math VST. It does not seem too complicated...
Reason12, Win10

reggie1979

19 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
19 May 2019
Me too. I demoed it and fell in love with it. Feeling pinched financially though.

Ostermilk

19 May 2019

Loque wrote:
19 May 2019
Hui...just noticed that the original devices are quite pricy and cost between 1000 and 3500 bucks.

For some experimentation you can also try this one: https://valhalladsp.com/shop/delay/valhalla-freq-echo/
The guy who wrote this plugin has published some source code parts with the math behind frequency shifting, so you can try to build your own with SocaLabs Math VST. It does not seem too complicated...
Even less complicated is just to FSU with the RE... :puf_bigsmile:

• Information