Fritz question

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 May 2019

I've got my guitar going into Fritz. I get a really cool noise then hit freeze. So now I've got a really nice ambient texture. How do I get just that nice ambient texture to record? I know it's something to do with Bounce in place but I'm still hopped up on oxy after my operation and can't work it out. Much appreciated if you can help me.
Very My Bloody Valentine.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

motuscott

18 May 2019

DO NOT MAKE MUSIC UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS!
from your friends at Purdue Pharma
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? πŸ§‚

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 May 2019

motuscott wrote: ↑
18 May 2019
DO NOT MAKE MUSIC UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS!
from your friends at Purdue Pharma
πŸ„
:)
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

challism

18 May 2019

Set the channel your guiart and Fritz are in as a recording source, then create a new audio track and record it.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (42.46 KiB) Viewed 2641 times
Or you could go really old school and wire it up from the master section (into the sample input)
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (51.95 KiB) Viewed 2647 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 May 2019

challism wrote: ↑
18 May 2019
Set the channel your guiart and Fritz are in as a recording source, then create a new audio track and record it.

Or you could go really old school and wire it up from the master section (into the sample input)
Capture.JPG
Yeeeeeees!!!!! Thankyou. Recording source. Of course. Used that same trick for recording some Glitchmachines stuff ages ago but had totally forgotten. Many, many thanks :).
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

challism

18 May 2019

No worries! Reason is so complex, it's easy to forget things we already knew.

BRIGGS

18 May 2019

You could also sample into Grain or Europa, and go craysee!
r11s

diminished
Competition Winner

18 May 2019

Can I hijack this thread real quick please - speaking of things you should know but don't right now. How do you record automation with one MIDI controller on two different REs at the same time?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel β€’α΄—β€’

BRIGGS

18 May 2019

diminished wrote: ↑
18 May 2019
Can I hijack this thread real quick please - speaking of things you should know but don't right now. How do you record automation with one MIDI controller on two different REs at the same time?
Combinator?
r11s

diminished
Competition Winner

18 May 2019

BRIGGS wrote: ↑
18 May 2019
18 May 2019
Combinator?
D'oh, of course this would work in my case. So thanks!

But what if you want live control over two paramters of two REs you don't want to or can't combine, because they're in different places, for an example: reverb dampening on your aux send fx and filter freq in some synth?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel β€’α΄—β€’

mjxl

18 May 2019

18 May 2019
BRIGGS wrote: ↑
18 May 2019

Combinator?
D'oh, of course this would work in my case. So thanks!

But what if you want live control over two paramters of two REs you don't want to or can't combine, because they're in different places, for an example: reverb dampening on your aux send fx and filter freq in some synth?
You create a different combinator, rotarys to cv8x and to said previous RE/Combis ?

Or use Europa/Grain/Thor for its Matrix. Those are super nice, can give gate/note or LFO's or Envelopes to anything really

diminished
Competition Winner

18 May 2019

mjxl wrote: ↑
18 May 2019
You create a different combinator, rotarys to cv8x and to said previous RE/Combis ?
:lightbulb: :thumbs_up:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2020

MrFigg wrote: ↑
18 May 2019
18 May 2019

Capture.JPG
Yeeeeeees!!!!! Thankyou. Recording source. Of course. Used that same trick for recording some Glitchmachines stuff ages ago but had totally forgotten. Many, many thanks :).
Please help. I came back to this and now I can't get it to work any more. I check the record source on the audio track channel but I can't get the "freezed" sound from Fritz to record. I know I'm just missing one step but I can't remember what it is. Thanks if you can tell me.

Edit: No need to answer. I wrote it down last year. I needed to create a second audio track to record the first audio track and set the audio input on that track to record the first audio track. All good :)
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

challism

14 Mar 2020

14 Mar 2020
18 May 2019

Please help. I came back to this and now I can't get it to work any more. I check the record source on the audio track channel but I can't get the "freezed" sound from Fritz to record. I know I'm just missing one step but I can't remember what it is. Thanks if you can tell me.

Edit: No need to answer. I wrote it down last year. I needed to create a second audio track to record the first audio track and set the audio input on that track to record the first audio track. All good :)
Smart idea to write it down. My grandma does the same thing so she can remember her passwords and websites she likes to visit. RecipesByEdith.com is one of the good ones!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2020

14 Mar 2020

Smart idea to write it down. My grandma does the same thing so she can remember her passwords and websites she likes to visit.
Hahahahaha. What are you suggesting? :)

Actually I’m turning 50 in three weeks so you’re not so far off the truth. :)
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

challism

15 Mar 2020

I'm just saying, Edith has some really good recipes.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2020

15 Mar 2020
I'm just saying, Edith has some really good recipes.
πŸ˜‚
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

• Information