Quad update to 1.0.80 causing problems

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dusan.cani

16 May 2019

There is something wrong with this latest update for Quad.

I am experiencing changed volume of some my existing patches. Some of them have very high loudness, this certainly didn't happen before I applied the update.

Is there a way to install the previous version of the RE ?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

16 May 2019

Unlikely you can downgrade. I helped them fix an issue with Osc-Osc FM modulation problem, hence the update. But you can send them a ticket explaining the problem.
I did not notice any issues with the beta version. Patches you programmed yourself or factory ones?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

dusan.cani

17 May 2019

I tried to create a ticket on Rob's website but there is no Quad listed in the Product selection...

Yes, it happens with my own presets.

I can post the patches here later and If you have access to previous version we can compare the difference.

diminished
Competition Winner

17 May 2019

You contact Rob Papen for a bug report. If there's no Quad in the selection, try info.[.at.].robpapen dot com
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

dusan.cani

17 May 2019

Thanks, I will try.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

17 May 2019

dusan.cani wrote:
17 May 2019
I tried to create a ticket on Rob's website but there is no Quad listed in the Product selection...

Yes, it happens with my own presets.

I can post the patches here later and If you have access to previous version we can compare the difference.
I have a machine here with the old version on and another one with the new version so I could test a patch for you.

dusan.cani

18 May 2019

Carly: Thanks. I am attaching my patches. As it should reveal, when played in new version of Quad they sound very loudly compared to previous version of Quad.

BTW: I've already contacted support, so we will see.
Attachments
quad-patches.zip
(5.65 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 May 2019

dusan.cani wrote:
18 May 2019
Carly: Thanks. I am attaching my patches. As it should reveal, when played in new version of Quad they sound very loudly compared to previous version of Quad.

BTW: I've already contacted support, so we will see.
I can confirm there is a good 12db difference between them..

Interestingly I took a RP patch from the old Quad save it to my other machine and it was more or less the same level...

RP support are very good, most of the time Rob will be in there himself...

Regards

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 May 2019

Oh yeah, Nice patches.. :)

dusan.cani

21 May 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
18 May 2019
Oh yeah, Nice patches.. :)
Thanks :puf_smile: . But they sound right in the previous version (1.0.7) because of issues with the latest update (it affected also timbre, not only loudness).

I am in touch with Rob's team, their support is amazing :)...I am communicating with them to solve the mentioned issues.

My advice is to wait for the next update and don't download the current version (1.0.80).

Loque

05 Jun 2019

Reason12, Win10

• Information