Enlightenspeed plugins have hit the shop!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

22 May 2019

Hey folks,

As promised last night, I finally got this done today despite being ill again.

This one is all about creating an advanced pattern sequencer by feeding a randomized Matrix loop into a Note Alter, into a Chordbank, and finally on to the instrument.

This works well with Matrix, but can, of course, be used to breathe life into other static loop generators such as Quad Note Generator, Kompulsion, and all the other ones.

This is a simple-ish version of this trick, and I'll show the more complex one in a later release. But for now, get your head round this...

Next up on the list after this, hopefully tomorrow or Friday, is "Things to do with Note Echo-cho-ho-o".

Cheers,
Brian

diminished
Competition Winner

22 May 2019

Great. Looking forward to that scale chain tutorial!!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

22 May 2019

diminished wrote:
22 May 2019
Great. Looking forward to that scale chain tutorial!!
Probably sometime early next week - that one needs to be more musically elaborate in order to really get the point home.

So I'll need to try and force some artistic merit out of my cold dead soul.

:)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

22 May 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
22 May 2019
Looking forward to it! Thanks for your measured reply to my previous post, i'm glad you knew I wasn't criticising your product. Im from Scotland too btw so don't tell me your team cos if its the wrong one .... 😜
My team is...

whoever stands with me through the struggles of life, and never breaks under the strain... always feeling the hardship, but smiling and laughing for they would not dampen the spirits of others... working feverishly to reach the goal but still having the time to hear the cries of the downtrodden...

I could continue with this sorta pish for ages, but I'll stop :D

VariableX

22 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
22 May 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
22 May 2019
Looking forward to it! Thanks for your measured reply to my previous post, i'm glad you knew I wasn't criticising your product. Im from Scotland too btw so don't tell me your team cos if its the wrong one .... 😜
My team is...

whoever stands with me through the struggles of life, and never breaks under the strain... always feeling the hardship, but smiling and laughing for they would not dampen the spirits of others... working feverishly to reach the goal but still having the time to hear the cries of the downtrodden...

I could continue with this sorta pish for ages, but I'll stop :D
Well thanks for hearing my cries.
Good video it enlightened me a bit and will speed up my understandings.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

24 May 2019

Ok folks,

it's strumming and jamming time in the Loopcracker Suite Tips'N'Tricks series!!!

Enjoy!

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

24 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
24 May 2019
MarkTarlton wrote:
24 May 2019

that is fun to play with. can you record the mouse movements via automation somehow as you are switching the keys on chordbank like at the 3.21 second mark in your video? I came up with a fun pattern but am having some difficulty figuring it out.
Two methods :)

One is to use the Chord Focus via Remote. Ideally done via a Combinator. Of course, you can just automate that specifically; remember you need to sort out a Sequencer Track first.

The best way though is to do it from a MIDI keyboard - in this particular scenario this becomes difficult, so you need to use Scale Chaining to get it done easily. There will be a video on this very soon, possibly tomorrow which will be an extension of this same theme as this is a good place to explain why it's so cool. :)

Cheers
Just pasting this one in here from another thread where it came up. It's more relevant here.

Gardinski

27 May 2019

I'm having immense fun playing about with Chordbank, and I can see great potential for it as a songwriting tool for coming up with unusual/jazzy ideas. Kudos to Mr Enlightenspeed on a great addition to the arsenal.

Just one tiny request. Would it be remotely possible to have the names of the programmed chords displayed upon the onscreen key layout? Obviously I appreciate that space is pretty limited, which could make it tricky for the more complex chords - but it would be an extremely helpful feature if you could pull it off.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

27 May 2019

Gardinski wrote:
27 May 2019
I'm having immense fun playing about with Chordbank, and I can see great potential for it as a songwriting tool for coming up with unusual/jazzy ideas. Kudos to Mr Enlightenspeed on a great addition to the arsenal.

Just one tiny request. Would it be remotely possible to have the names of the programmed chords displayed upon the onscreen key layout? Obviously, I appreciate that space is pretty limited, which could make it tricky for the more complex chords - but it would be an extremely helpful feature if you could pull it off.
In a later version, it's definitely a possibility, as it will almost certainly involve increasing the size of the unit anyway so the screen real estate won't be as much of an issue.

There's a bug fix version due out soon, tomorrow maybe it'll hit the shop/sync all. Don't know how busy/staffed they are right now. There's also a bug fix version for Note Alter, although that is still in acceptance right now. Depending on how much time I have, there will hopefully be a V1.1 out within the next two months or so, which is to complete the V1 feature set.

Your request would be in with the V2 feature set ideas, which is already a substantial amount of work, so I'm afraid it won't be this year; there are three other Enlightenspeed projects in the offing before that will really get picked up again. So I'll give it a try, certainly, but I have to be honest and say that it won't be soon.

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying using it btw, it's always a nice feeling for me.

Cheers,
Brian

future-bit

28 May 2019

Last edited by future-bit on 07 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

28 May 2019

future-bit wrote:
28 May 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
14 May 2019

Ok, consider it added to the feature request list. I can't give much of a time frame right now, as there is still so much to do elsewhere. But it'll happen :)
I also expected to set the probability on certain notes, but it filters everything. Therefore, I would like this feature too.
No worries, I've since decided that this one is definitely going ahead, and sooner rather than later :) Give it 2-3 months :)

Cheers,
Brian

joel

28 May 2019

is that a bug ?
i bought chordbank for 39€ ( before the bundle )
and if i want get the update 1,01, i have to pay again 39€
i don't understand

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 May 2019

joel wrote:
28 May 2019
is that a bug ?
i don't understand
Same here. Says paid update available.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EpiGenetik

28 May 2019

Last edited by EpiGenetik on 28 May 2019, edited 3 times in total.

EpiGenetik

28 May 2019

Last edited by EpiGenetik on 28 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

28 May 2019

joel wrote:
28 May 2019
is that a bug ?
i don't understand
Woah!!!

Yeah, that's a bug, sorry folks, I'll get right on it.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

28 May 2019

Note Alter has the same issue btw, so don't worry about it if that shows up the same way - I've emailed the Props to ask if they can fix it without me having to resubmit again.

My apologies, and thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
Brian

Gardinski

28 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
27 May 2019
In a later version, it's definitely a possibility, as it will almost certainly involve increasing the size of the unit anyway so the screen real estate won't be as much of an issue.

[.....] Your request would be in with the V2 feature set ideas, which is already a substantial amount of work, so I'm afraid it won't be this year; there are three other Enlightenspeed projects in the offing before that will really get picked up again. So I'll give it a try, certainly, but I have to be honest and say that it won't be soon.
Many thanks for that response, Brian. Great to know that there are further Enlightenspeed devices in the pipeline. I'm excited to see what else you have in store for us over the next few months.

All the best, from yet another (half)-Glaswegian. (My old man was from Maryhill!)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

30 May 2019

Gardinski wrote:
28 May 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
27 May 2019

[.....] Your request would be in with the V2 feature set ideas, which is already a substantial amount of work, so I'm afraid it won't be this year; there are three other Enlightenspeed projects in the offing before that will really get picked up again. So I'll give it a try, certainly, but I have to be honest and say that it won't be soon.
Many thanks for that response, Brian. Great to know that there are further Enlightenspeed devices in the pipeline. I'm excited to see what else you have in store for us over the next few months.

All the best, from yet another (half)-Glaswegian. (My old man was from Maryhill!)
Cool, if you know Maryhill yourself, I used to stay on Garrioch Road, a stone throw away from Maryhill Shopping Centre. Quite a nice part of the world actually, but like most of Glasgow's nice bits, it's also a stone throw away from some far more dodgy and dangerous areas. :puf_bigsmile:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
30 May 2019
Gardinski wrote:
28 May 2019

Cool, if you know Maryhill yourself, I used to stay on Garrioch Road, a stone throw away from Maryhill Shopping Centre. Quite a nice part of the world actually, but like most of Glasgow's nice bits, it's also a stone throw away from some far more dodgy and dangerous areas. :puf_bigsmile:
My grandpa lived in Garrioch Drive :).
Do you remember the “illegal” acid house parties on Shakespeare Street early 90s?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EpiGenetik

30 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
30 May 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
30 May 2019

Do you remember the “illegal” acid house parties on Shakespeare Street early 90s?
About a decade before I started clubbing and going to all-nighters in flats. I didn't really start doing that until about 1999, and it was always smaller gaffs/parties at first with me knowing most of the people. The first time I ended up in a flat full of random ravers was probably about 2001/2 kinda time. I then started DJ-ing at a few in about 2005. One that springs to mind is a near-legendary party flat in Cessnock which has been passed down from student to student, by all accounts for something like 30 years now;
I've had discussions with people who remember being there early 90's, and could confirm that it was definitely the same place :D That one always sticks with me because I was involved with the DJ-ing and because of the size - I estimated that there must have been 2-300 folks at one of them. Very happy memories for me :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 May 2019

EpiGenetik wrote:
30 May 2019
MrFigg wrote:
30 May 2019

About a decade before I started clubbing and going to all-nighters in flats. I didn't really start doing that until about 1999, and it was always smaller gaffs/parties at first with me knowing most of the people. The first time I ended up in a flat full of random ravers was probably about 2001/2 kinda time. I then started DJ-ing at a few in about 2005. One that springs to mind is a near-legendary party flat in Cessnock which has been passed down from student to student, by all accounts for something like 30 years now;
I've had discussions with people who remember being there early 90's, and could confirm that it was definitely the same place :D That one always sticks with me because I was involved with the DJ-ing and because of the size - I estimated that there must have been 2-300 folks at one of them. Very happy memories for me :)
Do you remember that tall guy with dreads who they sometimes had toasting on a mic along with the repetitive beats at those flat parties? He was up with Twitch and Brainstorm (or Terry and Jason) at Pure in Edinburgh one time we went through. Can’t remember his name.

Edit: just saw you wrote 1999. This was about 1990.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EpiGenetik

30 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
30 May 2019
EpiGenetik wrote:
30 May 2019

Do you remember that tall guy with dreads who they sometimes had toasting on a mic along with the repetitive beats at those flat parties? He was up with Twitch and Brainstorm (or Terry and Jason) at Pure in Edinburgh one time we went through. Can’t remember his name.

Edit: just saw you wrote 1999. This was about 1990.
Too early for me :)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

30 May 2019

Chordbank V1.0.1 is now updateable properly in the shop. :)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

31 May 2019

Hey folks,

Just a quick heads up that there will be a 1.0.2 update for Chordbank within the next couple of business days to fix the issue of Velocity Override not always quantising to the correct value when used as a preset for input 😊 The code works pretty perfectly now, to even the most perverse level of detail. So far as I can tell, only Mac users had a problem with this? Or possibly only Mac users told me about it?

Either way it is fixed and our codebase grows more solid by the day 😊

More exciting news to come soon
Brian 😊

• Information