Enlightenspeed plugins have hit the shop!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
future-bit

05 Jun 2019

Last edited by future-bit on 07 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

05 Jun 2019

future-bit wrote:
05 Jun 2019
I also think it is very inconvenient to switch from the "input" mode to the "scale" mode. I forgot to switch, and I had to score a chord several times. Can this be done easier? For example, make the button "learn" for "scale".
The device has no intuitive way of knowing when the user is finished inputting the details. Flicking a switch on and off is still the same number of user gestures as changing the modes anyway.

I can think of one potential way of doing it, but it has some issues which would need to be addressed first. The 1.1 upgrade of Chordbank, when I get the chance to code it, could possibly include this, but it's more likely to be part of V2.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

05 Jun 2019

future-bit wrote:
05 Jun 2019
I did not understand that automating chord / pad / pattern is "chord focus". Because I do not see the inscription "chord focus" on RE.
Good point, this will be dealt with in v1.1.

Thanks,
Brian

mjxl

05 Jun 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
05 Jun 2019
The device has no intuitive way of knowing when the user is finished inputting the details. Flicking a switch on and off is still the same number of user gestures as changing the modes anyway.
Maybe default it to scale/chords mode, and let the user choose to start recording notes instead :)

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Jun 2019

I have just updated NoteFilter to 1.1.
Shop page states the following: Offer ends in 1 day
??
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

mjxl

05 Jun 2019

diminished wrote:
05 Jun 2019
??
That's still from the sale or introduction price. Lol

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

05 Jun 2019

diminished wrote:
05 Jun 2019
??
Yip, that's just the end of the May Madness thing, as I did mine at a slightly different time from everyone else.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

06 Jun 2019

mjxl wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
05 Jun 2019
Maybe default it to scale/chords mode, and let the user choose to start recording notes instead :)
Sorry I missed this.

Unfortunately, I can't change this. It would be very easy to do, actually, and was my initial design, but...

***CENSORED BY THE NDA CURTAIN***

..., truth be told this doesn't bother me much.

Good talk :puf_bigsmile:

Cheers,
Brian

mjxl

06 Jun 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
06 Jun 2019
mjxl wrote:
05 Jun 2019

Sorry I missed this.

Unfortunately, I can't change this. It would be very easy to do, actually, and was my initial design, but...

***CENSORED BY THE NDA CURTAIN***

..., truth be told this doesn't bother me much.

Good talk :puf_bigsmile:

Cheers,
Brian
Ah, Gotcha ;)

future-bit

06 Jun 2019

Last edited by future-bit on 07 Dec 2020, edited 2 times in total.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

07 Jun 2019

future-bit wrote:
06 Jun 2019
Brian, thank you.

nf.jpg
Not a problem, mate :)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

09 Jun 2019

Update on videos.

Hi folks, just an update on the schedule for video stuff. I'm working away on the first extra features update for Chordbank, and this means that a lot of the videos that were planned have now not been done at all. Sorry about this.

Unfortunately, time-wise it won't be possible to do any more next week, due to constraints being placed on me by the upcoming Download festival in the UK, which entails that I am effectively conscripted into a field in Derbyshire to get roaring pissed and watch lots of metal bands whilst falling about drunk.

So ideally, Tuesday 18th is effectively the earliest time that you will see anything new up. Apologies if this means that you are waiting a long time for more details on how to do cool stuff; real life has caught up with me a lot over the last month or so.

What is on the menu once they start arriving?

1. Chordbank bite-size tutorials. Little micros tutorials that should make all of Chordbank's 1.0 features easier to understand.
2. Chordbank + PolyStep - A match made in Heaven.
3. Chordbank and TonicMint Chordline - Another match made in Heaven.
4. Chordbank 1.1 new features in bite-size format - (probably a bit longer wait on this, of course)

Just trying to keep you folks informed as you may have noticed that it has been all quiet around here recently, but we are still beavering away on cool new stuff. :)

Thanks,
Brian

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 Jun 2019
Update on videos.

Hi folks, just an update on the schedule for video stuff. I'm working away on the first extra features update for Chordbank, and this means that a lot of the videos that were planned have now not been done at all. Sorry about this.

Unfortunately, time-wise it won't be possible to do any more next week, due to constraints being placed on me by the upcoming Download festival in the UK, which entails that I am effectively conscripted into a field in Derbyshire to get roaring pissed and watch lots of metal bands whilst falling about drunk.

So ideally, Tuesday 18th is effectively the earliest time that you will see anything new up. Apologies if this means that you are waiting a long time for more details on how to do cool stuff; real life has caught up with me a lot over the last month or so.

1. Chordbank bite-size tutorials. Little micros tutorials that should make all of Chordbank's 1.0 features easier to understand.
4. Chordbank 1.1 new features in bite-size format - (probably a bit longer wait on this, of course)

Just trying to keep you folks informed as you may have noticed that it has been all quiet around here recently, but we are still beavering away on cool new stuff. :)

Thanks,
Brian
Gotta say Brian...fckng excellent communication with the user base man. Fantastic. Thanks.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2019

Yep. <3
So don't lose all your brain cells at Download Festival, we need them! :)
PS will you travel by Chordbike?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

10 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
09 Jun 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 Jun 2019
Update on videos.

Thanks,
Brian
Gotta say Brian...fckng excellent communication with the user base man. Fantastic. Thanks.
No worries mate :)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

10 Jun 2019

diminished wrote:
09 Jun 2019
So don't lose all your brain cells at Download Festival, we need them! :)
PS will you travel by Chordbike?
I'll do my best but I make no guarantees :D

I'm actually designated driver (not of the aforementioned bike device ;) ), so I'll not start drinking until Wednesday afternoon, and I'll be completely dry on Sunday so I can drive us all back up on Monday, which might just help my braincell count.

mjxl

10 Jun 2019

Oohh, Download fest, have fun dude !

I'm looking forward to your tips'n'tricks, I keep finding more stuff to do with your plugins :thumbs_up:

EpiGenetik

10 Jun 2019

mjxl wrote:
10 Jun 2019
I'm looking forward to your tips'n'tricks, I keep finding more stuff to do with your plugins :thumbs_up:
Indeed I found a cool one myself recently, when using Battery with Chordbank, basically creating playable micro-patches within it governed by Chordbank’s Scales. This works well because of the way that Battery’s patches are organised. Sling a Note Alter and a Note Filter in beforehand in the chain and then you have endless fills too. Really works nicely 😊

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

10 Jun 2019

mjxl wrote:
10 Jun 2019
Oohh, Download fest, have fun dude !
Thanks mate, the time away from the screen is much needed 😂

Cheers,
Brian

FLVZ

13 Jul 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
14 May 2019
Flavolous wrote:
10 May 2019
During beta testing I found note alter useful for sending note data strictly in the rack without any action in the sequencer. Never actually got the time to understand what was happening under the hood. I think I'll pick up note alter to marry psq and continue with my modular excursions with players :D
I haven't actually tried PSQ yet, but I'll investigate and see what goodies I can come up with from it. Don't know if it'll get a tips'n'tricks video though, it would need to make some sort of workflow possible, you never know though.

Regarding what happens "under the hood" - a note comes in, it has a note number and a velocity, Note Alter changes them based on probability i.e. if the randomizer says 'yes' which it will do 'x' percent of the time depending on the setting. That's pretty much it, the rest of the controls are just parameters for shaping and/or fine-tuning that process.
If I end up videoing any of my experiments I'll be sure to inbox you.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

17 Jul 2019

Flavolous wrote:
13 Jul 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
14 May 2019

I haven't actually tried PSQ yet, but I'll investigate and see what goodies I can come up with from it. Don't know if it'll get a tips'n'tricks video though, it would need to make some sort of workflow possible, you never know though.

Regarding what happens "under the hood" - a note comes in, it has a note number and a velocity, Note Alter changes them based on probability i.e. if the randomizer says 'yes' which it will do 'x' percent of the time depending on the setting. That's pretty much it, the rest of the controls are just parameters for shaping and/or fine-tuning that process.
If I end up videoing any of my experiments I'll be sure to inbox you.
Thanks, man, appreciate it :)

All work on the Enlightenspeed stuff has stalled for now due to concentration on "real work" :) So, unfortunately, nothing much has been done here video-wise, with what little time I have spare going towards the next device to get released, and an upgrade for Chordbank.

All contributed ideas are still very welcome though, and when doing the videos, I'll give higher priority to them :)

Many thanks,
Brian

bidaar

30 May 2020

Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 Jun 2019
Update on videos.

Thanks,
Brian
Hey I didnt get what u mean about chordline + chordbank match is there gonna be a video or explanation or what . can u explain how they are a great match . cause its the last day of may madness and im gonna buy em both if they are so good together.
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

bidaar

06 Jun 2020

Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 Jun 2019
Update on videos.

Thanks,
Brian
Hey brian ! hope everything is good . I Bought Loopcracker Suite 2... Now I was wondering about using Chordbank and other RE in the Suite along with ( Chordline and Polystep and Scalematrix )Since you said its a match made in heaven ! along with these REs . I'd Really appreciate new tutorials or atleast explanations...
Thank you
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

06 Jun 2020

bidaar wrote:
06 Jun 2020
Enlightenspeed wrote:
09 Jun 2019
Update on videos.

.... Brian still yakking on....

Brian
Hey brian ! hope everything is good . I Bought Loopcracker Suite 2... Now I was wondering about using Chordbank and other RE in the Suite along with ( Chordline and Polystep and Scalematrix )Since you said its a match made in heaven ! along with these REs . I'd Really appreciate new tutorials or atleast explanations...
Thank you
Hi Bidaar,

Thanks for posting, and hope you're enjoying the Loopcracker Suite!

We're due a couple of videos actually. A long way behind in that regard actually. I'll get something up in this regard asap, but please be aware that the work load around here is getting pretty chronic! Officially, I've been away from my PC for the last 2 weeks, as my wife and I are "on holiday"... in the house. We wanted to still be "properly away" from absolutely everything though, so no work of any sort, be it regular or RE development stuff has happened (re - been allowed) over the last two weeks.

At this point the to-do list includes:

- Update for Note Humanizer
- Update for Chordbank
- Update for Melodic Inverter
- Approx 60-70% of the remaining development work on "Project X", which we started an early alpha on just before I went off.
- Videos for Mel Inverter & more tips'n'tricks videos (such as your request)
- Finally (!!!!!2£!!!) get the website done.

... and trust me there is a lot more than this on the cards too :D

I'll try and make this an early priority though, as someone has asked about it and I like the idea of easing myself back in 'gently' rather than going full-way back into "Project X" mode.

Thanks again,
Brian

bidaar

06 Jun 2020

Enlightenspeed wrote:
06 Jun 2020
bidaar wrote:
06 Jun 2020

Thank you
Hi Bidaar,

Thanks for posting, and hope you're enjoying the Loopcracker Suite!

We're due a couple of videos actually. A long way behind in that regard actually. I'll get something up in this regard asap, but please be aware that the work load around here is getting pretty chronic! Officially, I've been away from my PC for the last 2 weeks, as my wife and I are "on holiday"... in the house. We wanted to still be "properly away" from absolutely everything though, so no work of any sort, be it regular or RE development stuff has happened (re - been allowed) over the last two weeks.

At this point the to-do list includes:

- Update for Note Humanizer
- Update for Chordbank
- Update for Melodic Inverter
- Approx 60-70% of the remaining development work on "Project X", which we started an early alpha on just before I went off.
- Videos for Mel Inverter & more tips'n'tricks videos (such as your request)
- Finally (!!!!!2£!!!) get the website done.

... and trust me there is a lot more than this on the cards too :D

I'll try and make this an early priority though, as someone has asked about it and I like the idea of easing myself back in 'gently' rather than going full-way back into "Project X" mode.

Thanks again,
Brian
Appreciate your Reply . I hope you guys having a great time and enjoying... so you could come back more fresh and powerful ! Yes ! We need lots of tutorials on your REs and blending em with other players and ... Im enjoying Chordbank anyway though and watched your already uploaded videos several times . best wishes to your life and work <3

• Information