Re Samplers?...

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
plaamook

09 May 2019

Where are we all at with the SDK and samplers?
We get all sorts of purpose built sampler-playing-devices like the dummer, the piano, the bass guitar and so on, but we don't get any kind of creative straight up samplers.
We got Grain, which a large percentage of people complained about as part of a weak update, and that's about it?
Is it still not possible to make a sampler Re?
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

miscend

09 May 2019

I see no reason why not. For a simple sampler without multi gigabyte disk streaming or sample management features that is. Quadelectra recently added sample loading to their drum machines for example.

chaosroyale

19 May 2019

I don't think anyone complained about Grain, which was generally praised as the standout strong point of an otherwise weak update.*

If someone comes out with a decent replacement for the NN-XT I would be tempted, but that's kind of letting Props off the hook for not updating it themselves since it came out.

*Europa too, I guess, although I was lukewarm on it until later when it got user sample loading.
plaamook wrote:
09 May 2019
We get all sorts of purpose built sampler-playing-devices like the dummer, the piano, the bass guitar and so on, but we don't get any kind of creative straight up samplers.
We got Grain, which a large percentage of people complained about as part of a weak update, and that's about it?

Kategra

20 May 2019

If somebody made new Sampler for Reason, I would hope they include a feature to auto sample other instruments. Like you could specify the note range to sample (with notes interval, like sample every 4 notes starting from C2 up to C4) , sample duration and just select Europa, Expanse, Snakebyte or NN19 or whatever instrument you have in your rack.
This kind of sampling sometimes changes the sound in a way that I like more than the original instrument.

scratchnsnifff

20 May 2019

chaosroyale wrote:
19 May 2019
I don't think anyone complained about Grain, which was generally praised as the standout strong point of an otherwise weak update.*

If someone comes out with a decent replacement for the NN-XT I would be tempted, but that's kind of letting Props off the hook for not updating it themselves since it came out.

*Europa too, I guess, although I was lukewarm on it until later when it got user sample loading.
plaamook wrote:
09 May 2019
In my opinion the reason 10 update was not weak in any way shape or form.

It’s best to critique an update when the next one comes out :)

Because when I think of Reason 10, I also include 10.1 -> .2 -> .3 etc.

With the last two updates Reason 10 has been solid as can be :)

I loved Europa, and even though it could use samples in all 3 engines it’s still in every day use. Grain is also great because it’s essentially malström 2.0 the grain oscillator mode lets you pretty much make granular wavetables.

As for a sampler, if any developer makes a RE sampler I’d really hope that they can do multi timbre sampling, as well as other features :) also it would be cool to see an actual sub oscillator like grain but with the ability to have single cycle waveform import
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information