Sequences from Robotic Bean - 1.3 is out!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Sterioevo

Post 15 May 2020

Well the thing about the Digitakt is that it is hardware and it is a momentary button, and as a result can be played like an instrument.

PhillipOrdonez

Post 15 May 2020

Could be a button on the front panel? That way you can automate or assign to a controller. It would be more powerful than the fill function on the digitakt because it would not have the same constrains ( same step cannot have two trig conditions on it)

Sterioevo

Post 15 May 2020

The performance control on Sononics GSX is a good example of a multi function interface - playable and overridable. Using allocated midi notes allows you to play with the on-screen keyboard and the mouse - with both behaving as momentary switches, an external keyboard responds this way by default too.

What would be interesting is a performance mode that lets you "play" the data lanes, e.g. allocate an octave to these controls? Opening up powerful possibilities as suggested by Phillip. Just a thought...
Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 11.21.07 am.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Crumbfort

Post 18 Jul 2020

Been playing around with Sequences for the first time in a little while... ye gods I love this thing.

I have a Make Noise 0-Ctrl that is just brilliant:

Couple things from the 0-Ctrl that I think would just be killer if implemented into Sequences:

-End of pattern gate/trigger OUT (granted, 0-Ctrl has gate outs for EVERY step, but I think this might be overkill in Sequences)
-Gate/trigger IN to toggle between normal playback and reverse playback

Not sure if these feature requests are possible or not, or if anyone else would find them intriguing, but I figured I'd throw that out there!

Thanks again for such a dope device!

• Information