joeyluck wrote: ↑
12 May 2019
- Is there anything mapped to the Advance button when using step record? I didn't see anything mentioned in the user guide. Is it possible? I think if the sustain pedal could be mapped by default, that would be very handy!
Unfortunately (but understandably), Players don't receive MIDI CC's, we only intercept note on/off.
The exception is when you're using Remote, but we can't map or enable those by default, it has to be done by the user.
On Step Note Recorder 2.0, we added the possibility to map a MIDI key to Rest (which is the same as Advance in Sequences):
But we haven't received feedback from anyone actually using this feature, and we didn't want to clutter the UI unnecessarily. It might be added later on in some form, though. But we want to take our time and investigate it more thoroughly to make sure we're getting it right.
- Any chance of moving the power button to the left? Players are already at a disadvantage of not being able to be minimized individually—making navigating a big chain of players a pain (not your fault and I hope that changes!). But most Players have the power button on the left (kind of like the on/off/bypass button on effects), so it's where I look when scrolling and toggling Players.
I don't know, for now we're keeping it consistent with Euclidean. We were quite early with Euclidean during the SDK 3 alpha, and at that point the official recommendation was that we come up with our own design for the power button, if we even chose to add one! When they changed their minds later on we had already committed ourselves to this design.
So my honest answer is that I don't know.
- Would it be possible to assign CV to the playhead position? That would be fun! A direction selection would be great, but I think if you can send CV to it, the possibilities are endless. This is a feature with Step Note Recorder right?
That is correct, Step has a Position CV input. We skipped it for Sequences 1.0 because it didn't feel like a core feature, but it's not impossible that we add something like that later on.
- As others have requested, it would be great to be able to save patches within the device.
Oh? I hadn't noticed!
- I'm also in favor of a pencil tool even if the cursor doesn't show as a pencil. I've been using emvoice VST which behaves this way, and it's clear enough by looking at the buttons to know. Your default would still be the selection tool, so folks who select the pencil know that they selected the pencil.
Thanks for the feedback!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.