The Madness is beginning.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
sleep1979

31 May 2019

I avoided it all 🙂

antic604

01 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
31 May 2019
I avoided it all 🙂
:thumbs_up:

I unfortunatelly fell victim to Steerpike, Euclidean, Sequences, Umpf Drums, Reason Electric Bass, QNG, Radical Keys & Resonans. I'm happy, my wallet not so much - so the world is in balance ;)

antic604

01 Jun 2019

BTW, the sale is still going even though it's 1st of June :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2019

antic604 wrote:
01 Jun 2019
Yeah. Everyone in Sweden had the day off yesterday (a red day as they call it) and the majority of folk are off today as well (the day between the red day and the weekend) so that might be why. Nobody there to push the stop button. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

mon

01 Jun 2019

I also bought a few things, even though I thought I won’t. I was unable to resist “Sequences” which is one of my best purchases ever. Fritz was long overdue and grabbed it half price. Also bought a couple of nice utilities and two instruments... Next year I will skip the deals... I hope :)
:reason: 10+
:recycle: :re: :refillpacker:

mjxl

01 Jun 2019

My library has grown with AMMO1200BR, SCRE Bundle (CoreRelation + SideChain Reaction), Volt-SL1, Reason Drum Kits, StringWERK, Sequences + Euclidian Rhytms
And the big Panda order: Nostromo ,Spektrum ,UTL Modifier ,Shape LFO Editor ,LPM ,Torsion ,ZFO-2, Fritz and DYN-4

In the couple weeks before the sale I bought Complex-1, Blamsoft Modular, DEG/DVC, some players.. Enough for now i guess.. :? :roll:

Oh I just bought the Loopcracker Bundle, and UMPF Bundle was in my cart still so I pressed buy :roll:

Soeno

01 Jun 2019

= Sync All

sleep1979

03 Jun 2019

antic604 wrote:
01 Jun 2019
Nah i avoided it , i didn’t need anything i have the maia 1.5 update to look forward to anyway looks awesome

reddust

04 Jun 2019

I finally decided to get RB Sequences, but as the sale price was because of it being a new product introductory price I'd say I haven't made any use of the may madness sales

sleep1979

04 Jun 2019

reddust wrote:
04 Jun 2019
I finally decided to get RB Sequences, but as the sale price was because of it being a new product introductory price I'd say I haven't made any use of the may madness sales
well done mate , yeah i'm not buying any more for a long time now vst or synths until I finish music i'm done ( back to singing and playing the piano a lot the only thing I will get is an update from reason intro to 11 , hopefully that's £169 still when ill treat myself to a Christmas or birthday present in black Friday or December haha

had a convo to my son about how he isn't getting no more fortnite skins for a while he has loads and everytime they bring a new one out he wants it just for the way it looks . plays for it for a bit then wants something else , but I had no argument because I do that too with music stuff so had a good old think about that and made a decision , from now on ill only buy what I need not what I want because I want it if im gonna teach him a lesson not to ask for all my money :-)

I know someone will come with a smart comment buy him a skin and get a synth
NO :-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

reddust

04 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
04 Jun 2019
well done mate , yeah i'm not buying any more for a long time now vst or synths until I finish music i'm done ( back to singing and playing the piano a lot the only thing I will get is an update from reason intro to 11 , hopefully that's £169 still when ill treat myself to a Christmas or birthday present in black Friday or December haha

had a convo to my son about how he isn't getting no more fortnite skins for a while he has loads and everytime they bring a new one out he wants it just for the way it looks . plays for it for a bit then wants something else , but I had no argument because I do that too with music stuff so had a good old think about that and made a decision , from now on ill only buy what I need not what I want because I want it if im gonna teach him a lesson not to ask for all my money :-)

Yess, now it's time to make use from what I already own instead of thinking some new plugin is going to do the job for me :lol:

It is hard to reeducate this bad habit of wanting something new every two weeks, but I already own enough stuff to make music for my next three lives, in case reincarnation exists :)

Kategra

04 Jun 2019

I trialed:
Echobode,
Reasonator Acoustic Resonance Emulation,
HarmBode Frequency Shifter ,
GrainShift Delay PitchShifter,
Tape Cassette Deck
Parafilter III Sequencer,

but I didn't like any of them enough to make a purchase, even with some of them discounted.

I would have probably trialed the Selig Coloring EQ to see if the extra stuff over the Synapse EQ which I have is good value for me, but it wasn't part of the sale, so I didn't buy anything since October 2018.
But I have a lot already, I have to scroll trough 3 pages in my account to see all the REs..

PS. There is one device I would pay full price if implemented correctly as a RE -> something identical to FL Studio Wave Traveler

Loque

04 Jun 2019

Kategra wrote:
04 Jun 2019
I trialed:
Echobode,
Reasonator Acoustic Resonance Emulation,
HarmBode Frequency Shifter ,
GrainShift Delay PitchShifter,
Tape Cassette Deck
Parafilter III Sequencer,

but I didn't like any of them enough to make a purchase, even with some of them discounted.

I would have probably trialed the Selig Coloring EQ to see if the extra stuff over the Synapse EQ which I have is good value for me, but it wasn't part of the sale, so I didn't buy anything since October 2018.
But I have a lot already, I have to scroll trough 3 pages in my account to see all the REs..

PS. There is one device I would pay full price if implemented correctly as a RE -> something identical to FL Studio Wave Traveler
Grain with the Envelope->Position in the Mod Matrix should do the job. You can try tape or grain mode and adjust settings to taste.
Reason12, Win10

sleep1979

04 Jun 2019

reddust wrote:
04 Jun 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
04 Jun 2019

Yess, now it's time to make use from what I already own instead of thinking some new plugin is going to do the job for me :lol:

It is hard to reeducate this bad habit of wanting something new every two weeks, but I already own enough stuff to make music for my next three lives, in case reincarnation exists :)
its a real addiction man and the sellers know this there selling us music crack :lol:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2019

Looks like the sellers have started the summer sale :roll: , time for a new tread? :lol:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

reddust

04 Jun 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
04 Jun 2019
its a real addiction man and the sellers know this there selling us music crack :lol:
indeed, VSTs and REs are the new heroin and crack :lol:
Boombastix wrote:
04 Jun 2019
Looks like the sellers have started the summer sale :roll: , time for a new tread? :lol:
do you mean a new threat? ;)

mjxl

04 Jun 2019

reddust wrote:
04 Jun 2019
I knew I easily fall for micro-transactions, learnt that through some sinkholes in a few games, still i walked straight into it...

motuscott

04 Jun 2019

The Madness is merely continuing. Steadfastly.
C'mon guys, we all know this.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

rgdaniel

04 Jun 2019

The Madness has been inside us the whole time... :puf_smile: ;)

Kategra

04 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
04 Jun 2019

Grain with the Envelope->Position in the Mod Matrix should do the job. You can try tape or grain mode and adjust settings to taste.
No disrespect, but Grain for doing scratches? I tried it, even the most simple ones are very cumbersome to create not compelling. It's like using Thor to create rap vocals, I am THOR I am THOR I am THOR, all with a robot accent, zero credibility :))))

This is from an old FL Demo project, all scratches are done with Wave Traveler from the project vocals and a drum sample:

reddust

04 Jun 2019

mjxl wrote:
04 Jun 2019
reddust wrote:
04 Jun 2019
I knew I easily fall for micro-transactions, learnt that through some sinkholes in a few games, still i walked straight into it...
oh yes, seeing the low prices one tends to think ok, it's not that much, but I've started a couple of weeks ago making a list of small things I'm paying every month to keep track of how much I spend in total and it's surprising how fast small transactions become a big amount of money :)

reddust

04 Jun 2019

Kategra wrote:
04 Jun 2019
Loque wrote:
04 Jun 2019

No disrespect, but Grain for doing scratches? I tried it, even the most simple ones are very cumbersome to create not compelling. It's like using Thor to create rap vocals, I am THOR I am THOR I am THOR, all with a robot accent, zero credibility :))))

This is from an old FL Demo project, all scratches are done with Wave Traveler from the project vocals and a drum sample:
can't you do that with mrhythmizer actually? but it's a VST not a RE...

• Information