The Madness is beginning.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 May 2019

mjxl wrote:
24 May 2019
Loque wrote:
24 May 2019

35 for Nostromo is very cheap...
Yep, I didn't think of buying it before tho. ( I wanted all the utilities and Torsion) Then I read Audio Input, ADDED.
Jaaaaaaaaa!!!! I didnt even look at the back of it. Day just got better. Thanks :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

mjxl

24 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
24 May 2019
mjxl wrote:
24 May 2019

Yep, I didn't think of buying it before tho. ( I wanted all the utilities and Torsion) Then I read Audio Input, ADDED.
Jaaaaaaaaa!!!! I didnt even look at the back of it. Day just got better. Thanks :).
!!!

boingy

24 May 2019

I like you guys....

...but sometimes you are just f***ing weird. :o

Wobbleburger

24 May 2019

mjxl wrote:
24 May 2019
Loque wrote:
24 May 2019

35 for Nostromo is very cheap...
Wait, how is the Audio In utilized on Nostromo?
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

mjxl

24 May 2019

Wobbleburger wrote:
24 May 2019
You can use it's filters, internal compressor + envelope follower.

Edit: also, not saying i bought it for that, it's a REALLY good synth. But didn't want to buy it right now. Kinda.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 May 2019

mjxl wrote:
24 May 2019
Wobbleburger wrote:
24 May 2019

Edit: also, not saying i bought it for that, it's a REALLY good synth. But didn't want to buy it right now. Kinda.
Well...the discovery of audio in has just promoted this to my current favourite synth :). Spacemen 3 guitar in full effect.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

24 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
24 May 2019
mjxl wrote:
24 May 2019

Well...the discovery of audio in has just promoted this to my current favourite synth :). Spacemen 3 guitar in full effect.
Ahhh...the many filters..awsome stuff. And you get a big bunch of LFOs and envelops and stuff which can be routed outside. Great device, just a bit too big for a quick LFO or a filter. The Panda is top notch!
Reason12, Win10

VariableX

24 May 2019

I bought my first may madness item today, props quad note player, I really liked it when it first came out but didnt want to pay full price.

I also have Robotic Bean sequences on a trial, everyone is really loving it, im not sure about it but im worried ill realise how good it is once the intro price is over. I have just not clicked with it yet, seems a bit clunky ( for example double clicking with the touch pad on my laptop is hit or miss )

I am also trialing Chord bank ( not part of may madness ) which is growing on me.

Although I dont need a new synth I am trialing ES-01.

So potential to spend lots of money.

I think I will make a new track this weekend with these devices only and decide.

BananaSkins

24 May 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
24 May 2019
I bought my first may madness item today, props quad note player, I really liked it when it first came out but didnt want to pay full price.

I also have Robotic Bean sequences on a trial, everyone is really loving it, im not sure about it but im worried ill realise how good it is once the intro price is over. I have just not clicked with it yet, seems a bit clunky ( for example double clicking with the touch pad on my laptop is hit or miss )

I am also trialing Chord bank ( not part of may madness ) which is growing on me.

I think I will make a new track this weekend with these devices only and decide.
If your interested in Chordbank look at the The Loopcracker Suite...
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/bun ... ker-suite/

VariableX

24 May 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
24 May 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
24 May 2019

If your interested in Chordbank look at the The Loopcracker Suite...
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/bun ... ker-suite/
Yes thanks good advice to anyone looking in.
If I do buy Chordbank i'll get the suit as its the same price ( no brainer ) from memory you have to trial individually as you can't trial the suite/bundle?

BananaSkins

24 May 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
24 May 2019
Yes thanks good advice to anyone looking in.
If I do buy Chordbank i'll get the suit as its the same price ( no brainer ) from memory you have to trial individually as you can't trial the suite/bundle?
That's correct, have fun with the trials :thumbs_up:

Zerosity

25 May 2019

I just opened a support ticket with Propellerhead, but it appears the wrong discount is being applied for the Umpf drum machines. They're both listed as $49, but when going to the checkout screen, there is only a discount of $29.50 applied to the full $99 price.

ImageImageImage

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 May 2019

Zerosity wrote:
25 May 2019
I just opened a support ticket with Propellerhead, but it appears the wrong discount is being applied for the Umpf drum machines. They're both listed as $49, but when going to the checkout screen, there is only a discount of $29.50 applied to the full $99 price.

ImageImageImage
That’s because that’s the bundle price. Buy them separately.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Zerosity

25 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
25 May 2019
Zerosity wrote:
25 May 2019

ImageImageImage
That’s because that’s the bundle price. Buy them separately.
You are correct, wow. They really have so many issues with the shop code it needs to be redone so badly. As a developer (enterprise web app focused), it bothers me greatly at how bad the shop is. They have so many business logic issues in the bundling and sales discounts and even the UX is horrible. I would remove the infinite scroll in the first hour of working there, that functionality does NOT belong in a shopping cart experience.

Thanks for pointing out the issue MrFigg!

Ixus

26 May 2019

Updated synth rig to 4. I always wanted super audio cart and after getting faster internet i decided to go for it since the bundle upgrade of 79 was cheaper than audio cart by itself and then you get some extra goodies on top like umpf.
After trying umpf and the new drum one from the update i gotta say its easy peasy to get great drums with these instruments. I was reading about that Studio 1 update and was thinking of maybe switching since I have 3.5 already but Reason is just so damn easy to make music with. And as a filthy patch browser I now have tons of synths to browse with :puf_bigsmile:

Fraxis

26 May 2019

Did anyone else just get an email from the Props to say the sale ends today? It was advertised as running to the 31st. Screw-up with an automated email, or are they ending it early?

eusti

26 May 2019

Fraxis wrote:
26 May 2019
Did anyone else just get an email from the Props to say the sale ends today? It was advertised as running to the 31st. Screw-up with an automated email, or are they ending it early?
Was thinking the same thing. :/

D.

Ixus

26 May 2019

I didn't get any email but I might have opted out long ago..
Anyone else have trouble donwloading the RE's? Ive got all new stuff from rigs 4 but Audio Cart... Slightest thing and the DL stops. Ive gotten as far as 4.7 out of 5 somthing GBs. Other downloaders work fine (im downloading overwatch at 7 mb/s now just fine) but the authorizer is slower than any browser based download and just as iffy.
I was looking forward to this weekend with some retro sounds but I got all BUT this RE haha dammit

buddard
RE Developer

26 May 2019

Fraxis wrote:
26 May 2019
I would guess it's an email screwup, and that most products will be on sale through the 31st. At least all our REs will be.
If in doubt, check the product page of whatever you want to buy, normally it says "Offer ends in X days", and that information should be correct. (Unless the dev changes their mind and decides to cut it short)

SymphonicDischord

26 May 2019

Ixus wrote:
26 May 2019
I didn't get any email but I might have opted out long ago..
Anyone else have trouble donwloading the RE's? Ive got all new stuff from rigs 4 but Audio Cart... Slightest thing and the DL stops. Ive gotten as far as 4.7 out of 5 somthing GBs. Other downloaders work fine (im downloading overwatch at 7 mb/s now just fine) but the authorizer is slower than any browser based download and just as iffy.
I was looking forward to this weekend with some retro sounds but I got all BUT this RE haha dammit
I updated to Synth 4 also (Super Audio Cart was definitely what pushed me over the edge) and when I downloaded it on my laptop, it was slow but no real issues but when I did it on my desktop it did lock up on me at about the 1.5 GB mark. I canceled and restarted and everything went easy peasy afterwards. Hopefully it’s the same for you.

Steedus
Competition Winner

27 May 2019

I've been too tempted by VSTs lately. I recently bought AudioThing's 'Reels' lo-fi tape, tape echo and tape stop effect plugin, and I couldn't help but jump on their newly released 'Springs' spring reverb plugin. I also finally checked out some of the Valhalla plugins and was equally impressed... uggh gotta resist!

But I am interested in getting another instrument similar to the SoundIron Reason devices with world instruments, particular tuned percussion, stringed instruments and flutes. Can anyone suggest anything alone those lines?

edit: looks like EastWest RA or Garritan World might be up my alley, though I'm really only interested in instruments from the Americas and Africa.

mjxl

30 May 2019

Any last minute recommendations? :P

jam-s

30 May 2019

mjxl wrote:
30 May 2019
Black friday will come ...

jappe

31 May 2019

mjxl wrote:
30 May 2019
I bought PX7 today, which made sense since I've had Bitleys PX 7 refill for quite some time already :-D
Love it so far!

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... nthesizer/

https://bitley.laconicsounds.net/wbf-8z/

mjxl

31 May 2019

jappe wrote:
31 May 2019
mjxl wrote:
30 May 2019
I bought PX7 today, which made sense since I've had Bitleys PX 7 refill for quite some time already :-D
Love it so far!

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... nthesizer/

https://bitley.laconicsounds.net/wbf-8z/
Noice ! That thing sure looks cool to play with :thumbs_up:

I bought StringWERK instead :D

• Information