The Madness is beginning.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
mjxl

17 May 2019

Yeah we are, there's the banner when you go to the shop.

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

17 May 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
17 May 2019
Whats the difference in all them Rumble synths ?
The similarity is the 'OS' it mimics, taken from a Kawai K1 digital synthesizer from 1985.

The differences:
Rumble K1: Granular and wavetable combined. 4 Osc synth using the weirdest samples as sound source.
Rumble K2 Player: 4 Osc wavetable synth. Uses presets of 4 waves to emulate all the default instrument patches found on the Kawai K1 digital synthesizer from 1985.
Rumble K2 Player Light: Same as the Rumble K2 Player, but with less options to change the sound. It is more a Rompler for those who want to play the patches.
Rumble K2 Builder: 1 Osc wavetable synth. Contains all the basic waveforms found on the Kawai K1, to (re)build the instrument patches on the Kawai K1 and comes with an emulation of ROM Pack A.

Download the Rumble Product Comparison Chart:
www.oenkenstein.nl/uploadmap/ProductComparisonChart.pdf

EdGrip

17 May 2019

Although, I have always fancied AS-16 Analogue Sequencer...
It's one of those devices that always makes me think, why is this the only RE like this?

sleep1979

17 May 2019

Oenkenstein wrote:
17 May 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
17 May 2019
Whats the difference in all them Rumble synths ?
The similarity is the 'OS' it mimics, taken from a Kawai K1 digital synthesizer from 1985.

The differences:
Rumble K1: Granular and wavetable combined. 4 Osc synth using the weirdest samples as sound source.
Rumble K2 Player: 4 Osc wavetable synth. Uses presets of 4 waves to emulate all the default instrument patches found on the Kawai K1 digital synthesizer from 1985.
Rumble K2 Player Light: Same as the Rumble K2 Player, but with less options to change the sound. It is more a Rompler for those who want to play the patches.
Rumble K2 Builder: 1 Osc wavetable synth. Contains all the basic waveforms found on the Kawai K1, to (re)build the instrument patches on the Kawai K1 and comes with an emulation of ROM Pack A.

Download the Rumble Product Comparison Chart:
www.oenkenstein.nl/uploadmap/ProductComparisonChart.pdf
Cheers bro testing them out

djadalaide

17 May 2019

EdGrip wrote:
17 May 2019
Although, I have always fancied AS-16 Analogue Sequencer...
It's one of those devices that always makes me think, why is this the only RE like this?
Its great for randomly twiddling knobs for techno lines

Luxuria

17 May 2019

Anybody know if the entire line up is up now?

I was hoping to see Unfiltered Audio's G8 dynamic gate to go on sale. Really could use a better gate than the one on the SSL.

Edited: PunchBD wasn't anything special. I thought it would tune the samples as you played different keys, but nope just plays the same note.

I'll probably get the primal audio filters instead. Their bundle isn't showing a sale price. As a matter of fact none of the bundles in the shop are showing sales prices, glitch maybe?

antic604

18 May 2019

EdGrip wrote:
17 May 2019
RX950 is a gem.
What's so great about it? Honest question, as I'm seeing lots of people losing their shit about it. Does it only make sense for lo-fi genres like hip-hop or synthwave? :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 May 2019

Luxuria wrote:
17 May 2019
Anybody know if the entire line up is up now?

I was hoping to see Unfiltered Audio's G8 dynamic gate to go on sale. Really could use a better gate than the one on the SSL.

Edited: PunchBD wasn't anything special. I thought it would tune the samples as you played different keys, but nope just plays the same note.

I'll probably get the primal audio filters instead. Their bundle isn't showing a sale price. As a matter of fact none of the bundles in the shop are showing sales prices, glitch maybe?
In the past stuff has been added over the weeks.
I don't think you're likely to see any Unfiltered Audio stuff go on sale again. Was ages ago.
As regards to bundles. Because of the way the Shop works...when they put the bundles on sale, the shop looked at the individually discounted items in the bundles and then applied a further reduction to the bundle sale price so people were getting massive reductions. That's why either there is never a Bundle sale price or the bundles are totally removed under the sale period.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

18 May 2019

antic604 wrote:
18 May 2019
EdGrip wrote:
17 May 2019
RX950 is a gem.
What's so great about it? Honest question, as I'm seeing lots of people losing their shit about it :)
The Bit reduction adds crunch and excitement while making it lofi, and the filter is great company. All in one small device. It's like an instant "nice" effect. Can be drastic and subtle.
Idk how many hours I've spend in the past to come up with anything close.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

EdGrip

18 May 2019

You can balance the input and the output to distort a signal, it's slightly lo-fi, you can use it to just take a bit of high end off something that's just a bit too harsh...

... But really I love the filter. The sweep of that filter is so familiar, we've heard it so many times over the years without even noticing, that it's programmed into our brains. I wish I could access the filter without the rest of the effect. The bandwidth/sample rate and the filter can be tweaked around one another.

Bloma

18 May 2019

I wonder if Reason 10 Upgrade will go on sale... Reason 10 stand alone is $100 off, as is upgrade from Intro/Lite.

dezma

18 May 2019

reddust wrote:
17 May 2019
I've just seen ReSpire is also on sale for 89€, I wonder if it's worth getting it as a RE now because I actually preferred to buy it as a VST but the VST never gets under 129€, now I have a problem :roll:
REspire has more menu's than vst so I'd prefer vst

miscend

18 May 2019

mjxl wrote:
17 May 2019
miscend wrote:
17 May 2019

Doesn’t work for the electric bass re.
That's because it's not for electric bass lol.
Only Reason Drum Kits (only this one https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... drum-kits/)
Sorry meant to say the specific discount code for Electric Bass no longer works. So I’m surprised the RDK one still works.

mjxl

18 May 2019

miscend wrote:
18 May 2019
mjxl wrote:
17 May 2019

That's because it's not for electric bass lol.
Only Reason Drum Kits (only this one https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... drum-kits/)
Sorry meant to say the specific discount code for Electric Bass no longer works. So I’m surprised the RDK one still works.
Ah lol, didn't know that sorry :lol:

sleep1979

18 May 2019

How long does this sale last ?

future-bit

18 May 2019

Last edited by future-bit on 07 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

K_R33Z3

18 May 2019

Just got RDK for $20 using RDKSAVE :D

SoundObjects

18 May 2019

Wonder if there will be any additional items on sales next week ?
I don't see any bundles like on last winters sales :roll:
The Universe Is Vibrating

OverneathTheSkyBridg

18 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
17 May 2019

Dangers of Rack Extensions - having fun
Dangers of dating - marriage (very little fun ever again) and parenthood (perpetual terror of offspring hurting themselves in some way)

Just buy the damn toys!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It's funny cause I shit the bed on Mother's Day. Wasn't really motivated to get the wife anything and figured we'd just do a special family get together thing with extended family. She seemed fine with it at the time, but several days later and it all comes out that she was indeed not fine with it at all. So tl;dr, sometimes those REs are the faint glimmers of fun in an otherwise complicated world to navigate. Hardware she'd notice, but not software lol.

That being said, I've got Polar in my cart at the moment. I had been meaning to get it but could never justify the full asking price.

K_R33Z3

18 May 2019

Why are McDSP individual units $49 discounted for $29 but the bundle are $49 for all 3? Am i missing something? Does anyone like these units?

eusti

18 May 2019

K_R33Z3 wrote:
18 May 2019
Why are McDSP individual units $49 discounted for $29 but the bundle are $49 for all 3? Am i missing something? Does anyone like these units?
Good catch. I think the bundles were a bit above $ 100 just yesterday.

D.

Bloma

18 May 2019

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:
18 May 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
17 May 2019

Dangers of Rack Extensions - having fun
Dangers of dating - marriage (very little fun ever again) and parenthood (perpetual terror of offspring hurting themselves in some way)

Just buy the damn toys!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It's funny cause I shit the bed on Mother's Day. Wasn't really motivated to get the wife anything and figured we'd just do a special family get together thing with extended family. She seemed fine with it at the time, but several days later and it all comes out that she was indeed not fine with it at all. So tl;dr, sometimes those REs are the faint glimmers of fun in an otherwise complicated world to navigate. Hardware she'd notice, but not software lol.

That being said, I've got Polar in my cart at the moment. I had been meaning to get it but could never justify the full asking price.
When you say shit the bed, is that an expression or did you literally shit the bed?

reddust

18 May 2019

dezma wrote:
18 May 2019
reddust wrote:
17 May 2019
I've just seen ReSpire is also on sale for 89€, I wonder if it's worth getting it as a RE now because I actually preferred to buy it as a VST but the VST never gets under 129€, now I have a problem :roll:
REspire has more menu's than vst so I'd prefer vst
thanks, I guess by more menues you mean not more options but the same options just more scattered over different menues, which is one more reason to go for the VST

sleep1979

18 May 2019

Theres nothing that really excites me tbh

MannequinRaces

18 May 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
18 May 2019
Theres nothing that really excites me tbh
That’s not a bad thing. Save some money for the next rainy day.

• Information