The Madness is beginning.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Dosenhirn

17 May 2019

Hello. I just upgraded to reason 10 and wanted to invest in a few synths. Do you guys think antidote still worth to get or should I better save my money for dune 3 ?

gullum

17 May 2019

M-MAX Multiband Limiter is what is in store for me. I have enough RE's but did not have a multiband limiter so now I have one and maybe I can use it :D

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

17 May 2019

diminished wrote:
17 May 2019
I'd invest in something that actually helps you with songwriting in a more general way, like Enlightenspeed Chordbank.
Thanks! :) Always happy to receive free advertising.

Actually, if you use Chordbank in conjunction with Note Alter and a Matrix you can get a similar thing to QNG going :D

It doesn't have the whole Euclidean thing built in, but we love the results, and find the setup to be a lot more flexible and user-friendly. Never understood the fuss over Euclidean, to be honest.

Anyway the setup above that I'm referring to will be the subject of the first Tips'N'Tricks video... coming .... uhm... soon.... it's still 2019 isn't it? All joking aside it will be up on the YouTube channel at least within a day or so. :) Sorry for the dragging of heels on this, but the whole video editing thing is a very new topic around here.

Cheers

reddust

17 May 2019

I've just seen ReSpire is also on sale for 89€, I wonder if it's worth getting it as a RE now because I actually preferred to buy it as a VST but the VST never gets under 129€, now I have a problem :roll:

sleep1979

17 May 2019

Go on a date? or buy something i dont need ?hmmmmm 😂

reddust

17 May 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
17 May 2019
Go on a date? what for? Sex is totally overrated, spring is now well known for the may madness sale not for making children :P besides dates aren't on sale afaik ;)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

17 May 2019

...and a little late to the party, but the bundle price is now available :) So you can now get all three for just the price of Chordbank.

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/bun ... ker-suite/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 May 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
17 May 2019
Buy some REs and instead of taking her for dinner buy her a bag of crisps and a can of coke.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

17 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
17 May 2019
Buy some REs and instead of taking her for dinner buy her a bag of crisps and a can of coke.
And sit on a park bench 😂 great idea figg Cheers pal 😂
Actually if the weathers nice in london on sunday that may not be a bad idea 😂😂

Loque

17 May 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
17 May 2019
MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2019

And sit on a park bench 😂 great idea figg Cheers pal 😂
Actually if the weathers nice in london on sunday that may not be a bad idea 😂😂
Its a matter of marketing...just call it "a picnic for two".
Reason12, Win10

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

17 May 2019

reddust wrote:
17 May 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
17 May 2019
Go on a date? what for? Sex is totally overrated, spring is now well known for the may madness sale not for making children :P besides dates aren't on sale afaik ;)
Dangers of Rack Extensions - having fun
Dangers of dating - marriage (very little fun ever again) and parenthood (perpetual terror of offspring hurting themselves in some way)

Just buy the damn toys!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

sleep1979

17 May 2019

reddust wrote:
17 May 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
17 May 2019
[removed by mods, please stay on topic]

sleep1979

17 May 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
17 May 2019
reddust wrote:
17 May 2019

Dangers of dating - marriage (very little fun ever again) and parenthood (perpetual terror of offspring hurting themselves in some way)

Hahha your probably right , i dont
Want more kids i have two of the teenage shits now and a puppy living with me lol thats enough pleaseeee , aghh ok new toys!!
Well my boys almost 12 nearly teenager I guess

sleep1979

17 May 2019

Whats the difference in all them
Rumble synths ?

botnotbot

17 May 2019

Dosenhirn wrote:
17 May 2019
Hello. I just upgraded to reason 10 and wanted to invest in a few synths. Do you guys think antidote still worth to get or should I better save my money for dune 3 ?
Antidote is really special in my opinion. It's intuitive and has its own sound and the effects section is top notch (and can be used for external audio too).

I haven't played with Dune 3 at all, but I'm very happy to have Antidote in my rack.

reddust

17 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
17 May 2019
Looks like dates are also on sale indeed haha
Enlightenspeed wrote:
17 May 2019

Haha very true :)
sleep1979 wrote:
17 May 2019
Dunno id take rampant sex with holly willoughby this weekend rather than the most expensive re 😂 if it was available probably wont be haha
Mmm I'll just wait for Noise Engineering to put a sale on their synth bundle 1, if that doesn't happen I guess it may be more possible to have sex with that Holly than seeing NE REs ever on sale ;)

sleep1979

17 May 2019

[removed by mods, please stay on topic]

EdGrip

17 May 2019

I've just had a look through - I feel I've got all the bits I fancy, and those I haven't will be addressed whenever I finally upgrade and get Europa and Grain.

As in, I'm not interested enough in those kind of instruments right now to spend money on them individually, but don't mind getting them as part of an upgrade.

RX950 is a gem

Don't overlook Pump if you make dance music - but remember a good old-fashioned ghost kick and an MClass Comp is still (from my testing) the most CPU-friendly way of doing it, though not as fast and easy to audition different envelope shapes. And remember you only need one MClass comp, and use its Gain Reduction CV out to control any volume control or combi knob anywhere, for anything.

Dosenhirn

17 May 2019

botnotbot wrote:
17 May 2019
Dosenhirn wrote:
17 May 2019
Antidote is really special in my opinion. It's intuitive and has its own sound and the effects section is top notch (and can be used for external audio too).

I haven't played with Dune 3 at all, but I'm very happy to have Antidote in my rack.
The for your answer and help. I think I will pick antidote up then

Loque

17 May 2019

Dosenhirn wrote:
17 May 2019
botnotbot wrote:
17 May 2019

Maybe wait a few days. Maybe Synapse will reduce the price of their bundle.
Reason12, Win10

botnotbot

17 May 2019

Loque wrote:
17 May 2019
Dosenhirn wrote:
17 May 2019

Maybe wait a few days. Maybe Synapse will reduce the price of their bundle.
That's a good point, as the Synapse Bundle is easily one of the best things you can buy in the shop.

antic604

17 May 2019

reddust wrote:
17 May 2019
I have both Umpf Club Drums and Resonans and would recommend them both, I use them regularly. I wanted QNG in the past but actually I don't want to have random notes in my music, I prefer to choose exactly what should happen and when, so I decided not to buy it.
Regarding QNG, you can actually have a lot of control over it - you might freeze certain portion (or whole) sequence, you might restrict it so it varies only slightly (good for incidental things, not main melodies) and lastly you can simply print it to MIDI clip, choose the best bits, add your own and never use it again. It's a good device for when you're stuck and need some inspiration, IMO.

antic604

17 May 2019

Loque wrote:
17 May 2019
You checked the Rigs?
Sure I did, but there's too much things there I don't want.

Until Props let me choose which REs are installed / updated, I'm not interested in Rig-s. I prefer to spend the same money on 5 REs I want, than get 10 REs that are useful and 15 REs I'll never even touch :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 May 2019

antic604 wrote:
17 May 2019
I prefer to spend the same money on 5 REs I want, than get 10 REs that are useful and 15 REs I'll never even touch :)
+1. I hear you on that man.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reddust

17 May 2019

antic604 wrote:
17 May 2019
Regarding QNG, you can actually have a lot of control over it - you might freeze certain portion (or whole) sequence, you might restrict it so it varies only slightly (good for incidental things, not main melodies) and lastly you can simply print it to MIDI clip, choose the best bits, add your own and never use it again. It's a good device for when you're stuck and need some inspiration, IMO.
Good point, now I'm starting to hesitate again if I should get it or not... but I think I'd rather go for Sequences by Robot Bean in my case. Do you people know how long the sales are being there? I know Sequences has its introductory price until the end of the month, but I'm not even sure we are officially inside the may madness now

• Information