ReSpire 1.0.7 update is out

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

16 Apr 2019

Good to see them doing something... Hope for more. Fingers crossed.

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... d-respire/
Reason12, Win10

boingy

16 Apr 2019

So I've just updated to this and Reason will no longer run offline. i have to do the stupid login thing. Is it broken or am I doing something wrong?

miscend

16 Apr 2019

boingy wrote:
16 Apr 2019
So I've just updated to this and Reason will no longer run offline. i have to do the stupid login thing. Is it broken or am I doing something wrong?
It's all working fine on my end. Do a "sync all" and make it hasn't downloaded an RE that is on demo.

boingy

16 Apr 2019

miscend wrote:
16 Apr 2019
boingy wrote:
16 Apr 2019
It's all working fine on my end. Do a "sync all" and make it hasn't downloaded an RE that is on demo.
I don't really want to do a Sync All because it will add loads of crappy freebies that I don't want cluttering up the place. But I did the proper download thing, Authoriser ran and is showing the new version. I have no demos or rentals on my account because (ironically) I dislike that login thing. So it's a bit of a puzzle. I'll have a play and see if I can learn anything.

EnochLight

16 Apr 2019

boingy wrote:
16 Apr 2019
miscend wrote:
16 Apr 2019

I don't really want to do a Sync All because it will add loads of crappy freebies that I don't want cluttering up the place. But I did the proper download thing, Authoriser ran and is showing the new version. I have no demos or rentals on my account because (ironically) I dislike that login thing. So it's a bit of a puzzle. I'll have a play and see if I can learn anything.
And you've authorized them for offline? Assuming you have, just downloading an update sometimes doesn't activate your offline license. I've found that doing a "Sync All" is the only sure fire way. Just delete your crappy RE's in Authorizer after you hit "Sync All". You can sort by date of install and they'll all show up as the most recent downloads. Takes 2 seconds to go down your list and delete them. Seriously, you don't even have to wait until they download or the license transfer finished. 2 seconds...
Last edited by EnochLight on 16 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

16 Apr 2019

For the record, 1.07 brings:
  • All Osc Pitch modulation target
  • All LFO Rate modulation target
  • Fixed Osc4 targets
...but no new presets like the VST got (unless they failed to list that in the RE changelog), and it still leaves the crowded GUI/UX, no dark theme, and no submenus. Really wish they would just go all in with SDK 4 at this point. They're taking the time to keep it updated in alignment with the VST feature-wise, so just update the GUI/UX already, Reveal Sound... :shock: :? :roll:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

zoidkirb

16 Apr 2019

Looks like those big changes will come with 2.0

EnochLight

16 Apr 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
16 Apr 2019
Is this an assumption, or has Reveal Sound actually stated this?

boingy

17 Apr 2019

EnochLight wrote:
16 Apr 2019
, just downloading an update sometimes doesn't activate your offline license.
This was the key. Thanks. I pressed the same download button again, the same stuff happened again but this time it's fine offlne. In real life one definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. That maxim does not seem to hold true in software.

As for taking two seconds to delete the unwanted REs - I have upwards of 50 such things on my account! I'd love a selective sync button...

EdGrip

17 Apr 2019

I've found that the login screen sometimes sticks around for ages to no reason that I can fathom after I download or update something, and then eventually goes away on its own.

miscend

17 Apr 2019

I never use the download button. It’s useless for me. Sync is the only thing that’s reliable.

zoidkirb

17 Apr 2019

EnochLight wrote:
16 Apr 2019
zoidkirb wrote:
16 Apr 2019
There was a statement, I read that on this forum somewhere. The same statement was posted on kvr too
Edit: here -
viewtopic.php?t=7507092&start=25
:)

EnochLight

17 Apr 2019

boingy wrote:
17 Apr 2019
EnochLight wrote:
16 Apr 2019
, just downloading an update sometimes doesn't activate your offline license.
This was the key. Thanks. I pressed the same download button again, the same stuff happened again but this time it's fine offlne. In real life one definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. That maxim does not seem to hold true in software.

As for taking two seconds to delete the unwanted REs - I have upwards of 50 such things on my account! I'd love a selective sync button...
Great to see you got things sorted! Yeah, 50 is a bit more a few. :lol: But just so you know, if you ever need to do a "Sync All", just sort your plugins by install date and all of those 50 RE's that you don't want will be listed in order at the top (assuming you've got them removed before you do the sync), so you can just click delete and get rid of them all systematically. I've got about 15 that I have to do this with. So maybe 30-45 seconds for you... :lol: :puf_bigsmile:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
17 Apr 2019
EnochLight wrote:
16 Apr 2019

There was a statement, I read that on this forum somewhere. The same statement was posted on kvr too
I'm curious, but I can only find 4 year old comments. Is that what you are referring to, is there actually something that is recent and valid?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

fieldframe
RE Developer

17 Apr 2019

Propellerhead should do something similar to the App Store's "hide purchase" feature where you can soft-delete an app from your list of purchases. You can still go back to it if you decide you want to download it again after all, but it helps keep your purchases list uncluttered.

zoidkirb

17 Apr 2019

Boombastix wrote:
17 Apr 2019
zoidkirb wrote:
17 Apr 2019

I'm curious, but I can only find 4 year old comments. Is that what you are referring to, is there actually something that is recent and valid?
the link I posted is from 2018/2019 there is info there including the links to the kvr threads.

Jmax

17 Apr 2019

Yes I also read a statement from the Spire team about plans to completely rebuild Spire from the ground up. Which will take some time, but will be happening. All in good time.

EnochLight

17 Apr 2019

Boombastix wrote:
17 Apr 2019
zoidkirb wrote:
17 Apr 2019

Right, my bad - they (Reveal Sound) made a statement just a few months ago in January 2019:
Our work on improvements does not stop:

Spire code was originally written for the VST and AU platforms.

Propellerhead Reason users always asked us to port Spire, so we could not refuse, mistakenly believing that the platforms are similar. It turned out that Reason has a number of limitations, which ultimately impacted the ported version.

It could be possible to speed up the work by reducing the accuracy - but in this case, the sound could be unidentical to the VST version, which is not acceptable.

We chose an alternative path and decided to rewrite the code from scratch again, taking into account the Reason limitations. This process is not at all simple, and upon completion, we will get Spire 2.0 and ReSpire 2.0, where both platforms will get greater performance and new features.

At the moment, we offer all ReSpire owners a discount for Spire VST purchase. Just write us to support@reveal-sound.com.

Thanks for understanding.
This was stated here (vega555 is Reveal Sound):

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 4#p7282354

two shoes

17 Apr 2019

fieldframe wrote:
17 Apr 2019
Propellerhead should do something similar to the App Store's "hide purchase" feature where you can soft-delete an app from your list of purchases. You can still go back to it if you decide you want to download it again after all, but it helps keep your purchases list uncluttered.

Amen to this - and how hard can it actually be to implement this? The idea that once you've purchased an RE you're forced to keep updating and sync'ing it in perpetuity is another one of those uniquely Propellerhead gems.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2019

EnochLight wrote:
17 Apr 2019
Boombastix wrote:
17 Apr 2019
This was stated here (vega555 is Reveal Sound):
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 4#p7282354
Nice! Re-write, that must mean the latest SDK too.
Did anyone get the cross grade price, if so what was it?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

EnochLight

18 Apr 2019

Boombastix wrote:
17 Apr 2019
Nice! Re-write, that must mean the latest SDK too.
Well, using whatever SDK they started their re-write on. It's possible they started it back in 2018, and there's been updates to the SDK since then - even some this year. It would just be nice if Reveal Sound actually finished it. :lol:

• Information