Kilohertz Tape Stop "pop" sound

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
skie

09 Apr 2019

Hi All, when I put the Kilohertz Tape Stop RE on the master bus and automate the Bypass/On switch, there's a noticeable pop when it switches from "bypass" to "on" and vice versa. Anybody know a way around this? Is it a latency thing?

Thank you!

ScuzzyEye

09 Apr 2019

skie wrote:
09 Apr 2019
Hi All, when I put the Kilohertz Tape Stop RE on the master bus and automate the Bypass/On switch, there's a noticeable pop when it switches from "bypass" to "on" and vice versa. Anybody know a way around this? Is it a latency thing?
A lot of devices pop when turning them on. Just the hard edge from dry to wet signal is enough to cause it. If I use the bypass switch, I make sure it's changed during a silent passage.

Try a cross-fade instead. There are a couple x-fade REs in the shop, and I believe some patches in the factory sound bank that can do it too.

skie

09 Apr 2019

ScuzzyEye wrote:
09 Apr 2019
skie wrote:
09 Apr 2019
A lot of devices pop when turning them on. Just the hard edge from dry to wet signal is enough to cause it. If I use the bypass switch, I make sure it's changed during a silent passage.

Try a cross-fade instead. There are a couple x-fade REs in the shop, and I believe some patches in the factory sound bank that can do it too.
OK Thank you. I'd leave it on but I think it does affect the signal when "On", to my ears at least.

• Information