Noise Engineering: which one for percussive sounds?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
reddust

03 Apr 2019

Hi all,

I've been upgrading my Reason RE/VST arsenal these days and after doing some research to put the cherry on top of it I'm looking for a RE that allows me to make percussive sounds that have some sort of robotic sound.

I'm really liking the sound of some of the RE demos by Noise Engineering and seems like the best choice could be Basimilus Iteritas, but after watching some videos I've seen that Manis Iteritas can do some pretty nice percussive sounds as well, so now I'm kind of confused and wanted to ask if somebody here has several of these plugins and can tell me which one would be the best choice if looking for that kid of percussive robotic metallic sounds.

I don't want to get the bundle because I want to keep my reason rack ordered and I already own pretty much stuff, and also would like to save some money, so I think just one of these REs should be enough, but which one should I take for the sounds I aim to use?

Thanks

BRIGGS

03 Apr 2019

Manis :puf_smile:
r11s

mon

03 Apr 2019

I like https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... -iteritas/ It is simple but versatile device, capable of generating some very pleasing sounds.
:reason: 10+
:recycle: :re: :refillpacker:

reddust

04 Apr 2019

Yeah I've been watching as much as I could on both yesterday and I think Basimilus does a quicker job on drum like sounds but now I want both because Manis can also do pretty nice things :)

I think I'll wait for the may madness and see if the bundle gets some nice discount.

BTW, I asked this same question yesterday in a YT video by Noise Engineering, they answered pretty fast and said they're going to upload a beat made with Manis on their Instagram so I can see how does it sound when making beats with it. That made me want to buy their plugins at the moment, I like companies that seem to listen to their customers. So +1 for NE :)

phithegoldenratio

04 Apr 2019

yay, i*d grab them all 3 at discount, all 3 of the first budle are amazing for percuzz imo!
the Loquelic Iteritas Percido can do some monster Bassdrums..

BRIGGS

04 Apr 2019

reddust wrote:
04 Apr 2019
Yeah I've been watching as much as I could on both yesterday and I think Basimilus does a quicker job on drum like sounds but now I want both because Manis can also do pretty nice things :)

I think I'll wait for the may madness and see if the bundle gets some nice discount.

BTW, I asked this same question yesterday in a YT video by Noise Engineering, they answered pretty fast and said they're going to upload a beat made with Manis on their Instagram so I can see how does it sound when making beats with it. That made me want to buy their plugins at the moment, I like companies that seem to listen to their customers. So +1 for NE :)
Download the trials, the bundle ended up being a 'day one' buy for me.
r11s

two shoes

04 Apr 2019

do you already have EDS06s from Ochen K? it has some waveforms that are for exactly what you're describing plus it can do a bunch of other types of percussive sounds too and has six channels. i have all the NE things and they're fine for what they are, but EDS06s is more versatile and a much better value than any of them.

if you're deadset on one of the NE synths there was one of them in the first batch that i had trouble getting anything but robotic metallic sounds out of so if you demo all of them you'll prolly know which one it is pretty quick. Oberon is also great for that type of sound in my experience.

reddust

05 Apr 2019

two shoes wrote:
04 Apr 2019
do you already have EDS06s from Ochen K? it has some waveforms that are for exactly what you're describing plus it can do a bunch of other types of percussive sounds too and has six channels. i have all the NE things and they're fine for what they are, but EDS06s is more versatile and a much better value than any of them.

if you're deadset on one of the NE synths there was one of them in the first batch that i had trouble getting anything but robotic metallic sounds out of so if you demo all of them you'll prolly know which one it is pretty quick. Oberon is also great for that type of sound in my experience.
Thanks, I didn't know about this one and from what I've listened and seen and its price looks like a no brainer for me :)

I think I'll get the NEs too when the next sale comes and so I'm ready to go with composing and creating what I have in mind, thanks a lot for your help to everyone

• Information