Echobode question

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2019

I have Bitspeek in RE, it had additional inputs and RE integration. But for Echobode I would go with the VST, since it can do the pitch shifted shimmer reverbs thanks to the smear function.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

antic604

26 Mar 2019

BTW, if anyone prefers to get the VSTs then in their shop the more plugins you add, the cheaper they are - sort of like FabFilter does:

EnochLight

26 Mar 2019

antic604 wrote:
26 Mar 2019
BTW, if anyone prefers to get the VSTs then in their shop the more plugins you add, the cheaper they are - sort of like FabFilter does:

Yeah, that's how Output does it, too. And I agree - everyone should have all of Sonic Charge's plugins. ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

antic604

26 Mar 2019

...and this just in!

EnochLight

26 Mar 2019

antic604 wrote:
26 Mar 2019
...and this just in!

LOL! Man... took you months to get a response?! :lol: :lol: :lol: But yeah, it was mentioned years ago that they offered a crossgrade discount for the VST if you bought the RE. Never knew it was 50% though, which is a damn good deal IMHO.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

antic604

26 Mar 2019

EnochLight wrote:
26 Mar 2019
antic604 wrote:
26 Mar 2019
...and this just in!

LOL! Man... took you months to get a response?! :lol: :lol: :lol: But yeah, it was mentioned years ago that they offered a crossgrade discount for the VST if you bought the RE. Never knew it was 50% though, which is a damn good deal IMHO.
Well, actually I forgot I asked that question over half a year ago and was surprised yesterday that I even have an account there :D

Anyway, just now purchased the REs in the Shop. I always wanted to, but was never 100% sure and this finally convinced me :)

ScuzzyEye

26 Mar 2019

antic604 wrote:
26 Mar 2019
Anyway, just now purchased the REs in the Shop. I always wanted to, but was never 100% sure and this finally convinced me :)
I have Echobode, but not Bitspeak, though I've really wanted to buy it. While I prefer the RE if there's feature parity with the VST, I'd love to have both just for flexibility. That kept me from buying either version until I really needed it. Knowing I can get the VST at a discount will make pick up the RE next time I'm shopping.

Good job, Sonic Charge!

scratchnsnifff

26 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
25 Mar 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:
25 Mar 2019
Sonic charge never does sales. During Black Friday this past year they said they only do something where a large portion of sales get donated to charity
Like what? Do you mean that they decide to sell stuff cheap then give the proceeds to a needy cause? Have they done that before?
No drop on price, they sell stuff for the same price. But they only receive a portion of the money. And the other portion is given to stuff like the world wildlife foundation or homeless cat federations lol they give most of the money to charity instead of selling discounted stuff. So that way Instead of being like every other company, your purchase goes to something nice. I kind of wish PH would run promotions like this actually
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Mar 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
26 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
25 Mar 2019

Like what? Do you mean that they decide to sell stuff cheap then give the proceeds to a needy cause? Have they done that before?
No drop on price, they sell stuff for the same price. But they only receive a portion of the money. And the other portion is given to stuff like the world wildlife foundation or homeless cat federations lol they give most of the money to charity instead of selling discounted stuff. So that way Instead of being like every other company, your purchase goes to something nice. I kind of wish PH would run promotions like this actually
High integrity. That’s something I appreciate. Knowing it’s never going on sale is also great as it means I can just go ahead and buy it knowing I won’t be irritated in a week or two. Yeah...I like that. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

antic604

27 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
26 Mar 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:
26 Mar 2019

High integrity. That’s something I appreciate. Knowing it’s never going on sale is also great as it means I can just go ahead and buy it knowing I won’t be irritated in a week or two. Yeah...I like that. :).
Well, what if one hates cats, like I do? :D

EnochLight

27 Mar 2019

antic604 wrote:
27 Mar 2019
You are dead to me. :lol:

antic604

27 Mar 2019

EnochLight wrote:
27 Mar 2019
antic604 wrote:
27 Mar 2019
You are dead to me. :lol:
That would actually be a good poll to do, because I've feeling - and lots of anecdotal evidence - that most people doing music are "cat people".

Perhaps that's why I - being a "dogs person" myself - can't get along with many of them :P

EnochLight

27 Mar 2019

antic604 wrote:
27 Mar 2019
That would actually be a good poll to do, because I've feeling - and lots of anecdotal evidence - that most people doing music are "cat people".

Perhaps that's why I - being a "dogs person" myself - can't get along with many of them :P
:lol: :lol: :lol:

TheGodOfRainbows

27 Mar 2019

One thing that has kept me from buying either version of Echobode, is the fact that the VST has the smear function. I'm so torn because I definitely would prefer to stay in the Re ecosystem, but that smear sounds like a really nice function, and I would miss not having it. Now that I know they'll give a 50% discount on the VST if you own the Re, that might finally make the choice to finally buying the Re easier. But why oh why couldn't they just have updated the darn Re!?

antic604

27 Mar 2019

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
27 Mar 2019
But why oh why couldn't they just have updated the darn Re!?
https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/678 ... vst-parity

:(

• Information