Just wondering...übersynth

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2019

I don’t know anything about how it works but wouldn’t it be possible to make a synth RE which does every kind of synthesis? Push a button and switch between the different types. If so then why has no one done it? Would be a lot of buttons but you’d have one synth to rule them all.
As I said though...I don’t know how that stuff works. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Creativemind

23 Mar 2019

Thor's pretty close, minus Physical Modelling or Sampling.

;)
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Loque

23 Mar 2019

I asked the same question a while ago. Seems a lot of work and you need to code every engine and you can sell only one synth. Nobody would pay 3 times more for 3 engines within one synth. Technically it's possible imo
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2019

It is called the "Combinator" ;)

So you want:
* Rompler
* Virtual Analog
* Digital
* Additive
* Spectral
* FM
* PD
* Wavetable
* Granular
* Physical Modelling

In one box, phew?

How will you be able to program it and make something that is not already available? At some point adding too many things, clarity in the sound disappears and it become less useful, or just noise.

I am getting some very nice stuff out of Parsec and Quad, but all the options for manipulating the sound in each are humongous, and I could of course stick Quads output into Parsec and use the spectral effects (or 2x Parsec for stereo), then run it through the nice FX section of Predator, heck 2x Predators so I get 6x FX - in the combinator. Some extra CV routing with transgates, arps, and LFOs, oh man, it getting overwhelming, but sound like fun! :thumbs_up:

Try that, and send me the patches, I'll be super interested what you can come up with. :geek:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

antic604

06 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2019
I don’t know anything about how it works but wouldn’t it be possible to make a synth RE which does every kind of synthesis? Push a button and switch between the different types. If so then why has no one done it? Would be a lot of buttons but you’d have one synth to rule them all.
MSoundFactory is supposed to be it :)

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSoundFactory

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2019

No thanks. It's nice to have some variety. Who wants to look at the same synth for every project?
I personally really like niche devices that does one or two things really well. That goes for both with synths and effects. Limitations and less clutter are good things.

Besides wouldn't we run into problems when it comes to automation? At least the way Reason works right now. Isn't there a limit for how many things in a device that can be automated?

dezma

06 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2019
If you're into EDM, Avenger VST comes pretty close :P

• Information