Jumping faders - error on lot of REs

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dusan.cani

17 Mar 2019

Hello folks,

Is it somehow possible to overcome those jumping faders while operating some synth ?

A lot of RE devices have problem with this jumping faders...
Attachments
env3.gif
env3.gif (59.76 KiB) Viewed 606 times
env2.gif
env2.gif (46.87 KiB) Viewed 606 times
env1.gif
env1.gif (37.2 KiB) Viewed 606 times

aeox
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2019

I can't reproduce this. It has never happened to me.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Loque

17 Mar 2019

The faders are locked to the bottom of the button and not to the center line of the button. Pretty weird and devs should change this.
Reason12, Win10

buddard
RE Developer

17 Mar 2019

dusan.cani wrote:
17 Mar 2019
Hello folks,

Is it somehow possible to overcome those jumping faders while operating some synth ?

A lot of RE devices have problem with this jumping faders...
This is due to the developer not defining the fader widgets correctly, so all you can do is file a bug report with each developer...

Steedus
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2019

This happens on Antidote too. Always thought this was a bug that would easily get fixed, but it's still there* 7 years on. Maybe it's something deeper in the SDK code.

*actually I can't say that for sure, id have to check. I've learnt to ignore it over the years.

rgdaniel

17 Mar 2019

It does happen on Antidote, just checked. But I think this is literally a bug I can live with, since I never even noticed it happening until today. You can still smoothly access any point on the scale, it's just that first little nudge from the bottom. When literally everything else is fixed or implemented then sure, spend some time tweaking that. :puf_smile: :puf_smile:

buddard
RE Developer

18 Mar 2019

Steedus wrote:
17 Mar 2019
This happens on Antidote too. Always thought this was a bug that would easily get fixed, but it's still there* 7 years on. Maybe it's something deeper in the SDK code.

*actually I can't say that for sure, id have to check. I've learnt to ignore it over the years.
It is actually very easy to fix (just 3 values to add to the gui definition script), but I’‘m guessing that many of these developers are not aware that they’re having this issue?

dusan.cani

18 Mar 2019

@buddard

I am also curious that props themselves are not aware of this problem. Parsec 2 has jumping faders too.

I always thought that RE devices must pass some checks before releasing it to public...

Marco Raaphorst

18 Mar 2019

contact support! looks serious.

• Information